Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kashuno posted:

Lol this is a scum post. "GUYS I AM THE ONLY COP WITH MY IDK SANITY" gently caress outta here

I'm not as sure yet about Quid being scum but I agree that poo poo's pretty weak. Oh noooo we might lose our source of zero reliable information whatever shall we do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Remember the basics of CQC.

I can't tell you who the killers are, but we can potentially rule some people out.

Bifauxnen had a non-hostile action confirmed by Podima, which appears to rule her out from killing N1.

Quid faking these results is a pretty big risk, so it's reasonably safe to assume he's not the killer at this stage.

I don't have a night action which doesn't really help, but the idea that I would have killed chaoslord of all people on N1 is insulting

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Speaking of night action bingo, who'd wanna block Infinitum

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I'll just stop investigating people then rather than trying to figure out if the information my role provides is reliable or not. I certainly should not have used the information about alignments in thread to help my investigation, my mistake.

When did we start playing mafia by rolling dice and not giving a poo poo rather than actually doing stuff? Sure seems way more fun than the old way of casing and scumhunting!

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Birdstrike is 100% 3rd party and he's not playing the game.

Town should not focus on anything other than removing a 3rd party from the game. Lynch Birdstrike.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidthulhu posted:

When did we start playing mafia by rolling dice and not giving a poo poo rather than actually doing stuff?

Speak for yourself mate

Btw it is still kinda pointless to investigate the miller :v:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. F! posted:

Town should not focus on anything other than removing a 3rd party from the game. Lynch Birdstrike.

"Scum hunting is not the most important thing for town to focus on" - Town Hero Mr F

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Mr. F! posted:

You can't remove me from the game.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

Speak for yourself mate

Btw it is still kinda pointless to investigate the miller :v:

It's not. I do not know my sanity. If I had gotten a town result on the claimed miller, I would have known that I was getting reverse information on everyone and that Birdstrike was actually town.

An INVADER result means that either I am reading people correctly or I am paranoid and will read everyone as scum. A third result tonight will help me continue to narrow that information down, especially if we flip Birdstrike.

So, please, how is investigating the miller pointless?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Birdstrike posted:

How are you able to be dunked/NK but unable to be killed? Will we see your flip & then you return? What's the deal?

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Birdstrike posted:

I don't believe that. And if that's true that's super lame

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Bifauxnen posted:

"Scum hunting is not the most important thing for town to focus on" - Town Hero Mr F

3rd parties are not town. Therefore they're scum. We've found one. Let's lynch him

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
##Vote Birdstrike

I will call the bluff because I doubt peramene is a terrible mod.

I think Gulag was a fine investigation target.

I think Infinitum has lied.

I think Kashuno is being very Scummy.

I think Podima is Scum.

I had some drinks.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidthulhu posted:

It's not. I do not know my sanity. If I had gotten a town result on the claimed miller, I would have known that I was getting reverse information on everyone and that Birdstrike was actually town.

An INVADER result means that either I am reading people correctly or I am paranoid and will read everyone as scum. A third result tonight will help me continue to narrow that information down, especially if we flip Birdstrike.

So, please, how is investigating the miller pointless?

Yes, if you had got a town result, that would have proven you at least aren't paranoid. But that could have also been proven by getting a town result on anybody else. Which was unlikely to happen from investigating the claimed miller! Either he's telling the truth and will come up scum, or he's full of poo poo cause he's scum, and will come up scum.

Would've been better to get something new on the record so at least we can get SOME new info by the time you or somebody else flips.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

##vote Podima I still stand by my case on him yesterday which everyone mostly ignored.

This game is picking at every mafia annoyance I have :mad:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

Yes, if you had got a town result, that would have proven you at least aren't paranoid. But that could have also been proven by getting a town result on anybody else. Which was unlikely to happen from investigating the claimed miller! Either he's telling the truth and will come up scum, or he's full of poo poo cause he's scum, and will come up scum.

Would've been better to get something new on the record so at least we can get SOME new info by the time you or somebody else flips.

Except I have for sure narrowed it down to me being an accurate cop or being paranoid. If I get a third scum result, I'll know I am paranoid. If I get a town result next, I'll know I am accurate.

I could have gone about it the other way, yes, but it's six of one half dozen of the other what order I investigate people, and at some point I will have NEEDED to go with the "for sure" alignment claim (because he's either a miller or scum - he's not town claiming miller for no reason) to fully test my sanity. Anyone suggesting that me picking Gulag is scummy of me is ridiculous.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
These quid votes are really bad

##vote lumpen going to put this back where I should have left it yesterday

Gulag looks worse to me after starting that vote swing yesterday

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Despite where my vote is I just read this page and think lumpen could have arrived at his opinions logically

Will reread later tonight or tmrw but my vote is subject to change

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
I'm Town.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Quidthulhu posted:

How are you able to be dunked/NK but unable to be killed? Will we see your flip & then you return? What's the deal?

Never played with a stump, huh

Lumpen posted:

I will call the bluff because I doubt peramene is a terrible mod.

lmaaaaaaaaao :cawg:

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Birdstrike posted:

Never played with a stump, huh

lmaaaaaaaaao :cawg:

Are you claiming Stump? What alignment? What's your wincon? If your claims were true, you should encourage us to lynch you even if it "wastes" a day for Town, because why would you care?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Stickup dying reflects badly on Bif. Maybe that's WIFOM. But several people were inclined to lynch Stickup, so a strange choice for a NK. If Scum are not Podima/Bif, little reason to kill Stickup. Not really much value to make Bif look bad.

Quid probably Doc protected by Mr. F.

But why not kill Mr. F??

Mr F, do you want the Honor of Watcher power tonight? Flying Leatherman, do you want it?

I do not want it.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Lumpen posted:

Stickup dying reflects badly on Bif.

:lol: I was thinking that would be an excellent reason for you to kill him, yes. Also Stick said he'd be willing to vote you despite our differences.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Bifauxnen posted:

:lol: I was thinking that would be an excellent reason for you to kill him, yes. Also Stick said he'd be willing to vote you despite our differences.
Disingenuous.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Lumpen posted:

Are you claiming Stump? What alignment? What's your wincon? If your claims were true, you should encourage us to lynch you even if it "wastes" a day for Town, because why would you care?

You have a reputation for being a highly skilled player, whose keen insights are feared and respected by both town and scum alike.

Yet your performance in this game is enough to raise the prospect of this being some form of elaborate joke. The inability to follow a game for want of basic comprehension skills is to be expected from your garden variety Mr. F or Infinitum, but who could imagine this from Lumpen, our champion dispatched to MafiaUniverse, the Living Legend?

Birdstrike posted:

Mr F,

I am neither town nor scum.

I made this pretty clear on Day 1.

Since the outset I've tried to show you all a new way of playing mafia. A world where distinctions like human or bug, town or scum become meaningless. Where each of us have the freedom to pursue their own goals, alone or as a team.

Consider the failure of the expedition to Myst. How much violence - needless violence - did the players inflict on each other for the sake of gaining one extra measly point for their final score? How much joy was removed from that game by players turning on each other, when their energies would have been better spent solving the many mysteries of that strange place.

What greater victory could have been achieved if Hattington, or Petra, or Tessa were around to unravel and explore, instead of having their existence savagely cut short?

My terms have been clear from the start:
  • No lynches
  • No kills
  • No murders
  • No bamboozles
  • Win together

This will be hard. The sides will need to trust each other in a world where trust is anathema. But you can do it.

Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger.

A world without wincons.

An Outer Heaven.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Lumpen posted:

Disingenuous.

Oh gently caress off

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Bifauxnen posted:

Oh gently caress off
That's sincere.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Birdstrike posted:

What greater victory could have been achieved if Hattington, or Petra Kaywinnet or Kemet or Tessa were around to unravel and explore, instead of having their existence savagely cut short?

C'mon dude those 2 loving started it :v:

Kaywinnet really was a gut punch though. Between that book of stars and whatever she could have done at the imager, and stopping the Mechanical weapon, she would've been super valuable! But lol nah let's get one more point that didn't even matter- now you got me sad again Birb

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Lumpen posted:

That's sincere.

1 for 2

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Please nobody forget that when lumpen was asked to do what was ostensibly a lie detector test set up, he refused.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Quidthulhu posted:

I'll just stop investigating people then rather than trying to figure out if the information my role provides is reliable or not. I certainly should not have used the information about alignments in thread to help my investigation, my mistake.

When did we start playing mafia by rolling dice and not giving a poo poo rather than actually doing stuff? Sure seems way more fun than the old way of casing and scumhunting!

nice meltdown

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mr. F! posted:

birb is 100% third party, says the scum who knows he is not scum

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Quidthulhu posted:

##vote Podima I still stand by my case on him yesterday which everyone mostly ignored.

This game is picking at every mafia annoyance I have :mad:

"I will stick by the case I made despite screaming about my cop results and claiming I confirmed my sanity" - a supposedly town cop.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Kashuno why did you replace in to the game if your plan was to read nothing and post garbage hot takes that are little more than basic trolling? Was that your plan?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Quidthulhu posted:

Kashuno why did you replace in to the game if your plan was to read nothing and post garbage hot takes that are little more than basic trolling? Was that your plan?

I read every post.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Then why is it you don't seem to realize Mr. F shot scum on D1?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I also think I've contributed far more useful content than your idiot bad cop claim

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Quidthulhu posted:

Then why is it you don't seem to realize Mr. F shot scum on D1?

for someone who tries to say other people aren't reading posts maybe read the loving game quid

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Really? Because I have an actual case on Podima that you have dismissed as scummy without explaining why and without it being hinged on "your cop claim is scummy," which you also have not explained. If you are reading and critically thinking, do you mind sharing with the class rather than continuing to be bad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Quidthulhu posted:

Really? Because I have an actual case on Podima that you have dismissed as scummy without explaining why and without it being hinged on "your cop claim is scummy," which you also have not explained. If you are reading and critically thinking, do you mind sharing with the class rather than continuing to be bad?

I'm clearly not the only one thinking your claim sucks?

• Locked thread