Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

man console users are really aggressive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

The slightest bit of weakness is seized upon and driven out.
Only the strong and turgent thrive in our community.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
With Smallpoxjenkins' superior genetics, he could be a real force of nature in The Ring

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im going to play and enjoy this on my pc

cheers to the console players on Destiny 2 as well

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

eonwe posted:

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

When life throws lemons at you, nuke the fucker!
Don't you dare take the high road on us.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

hmm

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

Spiv posted:

Don't you dare take the high road on us.

Being mad at things on the internet gets old, fast.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Look at sexy rear end #5 there :eyepop:

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I like the new explosions. Is me or they are more explodey, with more things explodin in it, sparks and stuff?

Also the shields on vex, and these laser beam with sustained damage. Is not just visual, now that shields that breaks with damage are more prominent, it matters if a laser is focusing on that shield and how fast the mob shooting is killed.

:laugh:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

eonwe posted:

:same:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

*looks at Bone Krew posting #s*

Nice

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i will play this video game both on my very expensive computer as well my playstation 4, the console of choice for adult men who don't need to scream at internet strangers about their dicks

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

can somebody recommend a gaming laptop for me to play this? need something future proofed ideally

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Menstrual Show posted:

can somebody recommend a gaming laptop for me to play this? need something future proofed ideally

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i will play this video game both on my very expensive computer as well my playstation 4, the console of choice for adult men who don't need to scream at internet strangers about their dicks

:same:

but i like screaming at people about my dick

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Menstrual Show posted:

In case you are not trolling and this is a honest question...

PC is about modular parts, cheap and powefull that are easy to replace by new parts even more powerful, and again cheap.

laptops are just not designed for that. the design decisions of latops force things like expensive components or custom components (so expensive).

Forget about gaming laptops, except if you have a lot of money to burn. Laptops don't play to the strengths of the platform.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Tei posted:

PC is about modular parts, cheap and powefull that are easy to replace by new parts even more powerful, and again cheap.

laptops are just not designed for that. the design decisions of latops force things like expensive components or custom components (so expensive).

Forget about gaming laptops, except if you have a lot of money to burn. Laptops don't play to the strengths of the platform.

ok but if I was to get a gaming laptop which should I get for destiny 2

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Menstrual Show posted:

ok but if I was to get a gaming laptop which should I get for destiny 2

insteed u shuld get a gun 2 kill you are self wit cuz u is buyin detiny2 on pc n not xbox1!

Switched.on
Apr 25, 2008

Tei posted:

Otoh there are plenty of options if the money isn't a problem and you have a compelling reason for needing one like a job that moves you around a lot. Also maybe you are trolling :shrug:

I will be enjoying destiny 2 on my gaming laptop, I hope that people on non portable pc platforms also have fun.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
I'm still laughing that I poo poo down your throat in the first post and you've been coughing up corn ever since lmao

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
I'm playing this on my PC when it's out. It's funny that there are people in this world who are legitimately mad about this.

Cross platform is going to rule.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Switched.on posted:

Otoh there are plenty of options if the money isn't a problem and you have a compelling reason for needing one like a job that moves you around a lot. Also maybe you are trolling :shrug:

I will be enjoying destiny 2 on my gaming laptop, I hope that people on non portable pc platforms also have fun.

I have a friend in that situation. He bought a convertible. Is a laptop that can turn into a tablet. Seems to be great to watch movies while on the train and that stuff.

Is possible, of course. Gaming laptops exist,.. they just not cheap or futureproff (what the guy asked for). IMHO. YMMV.

Edit:
this is not a fun derail, lets talk about something else!

Tei fucked around with this message at 00:30 on May 21, 2017

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Let's talk about the latest video cards, which you'll need to see that sweet rear end locked 30 fps

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

The real answer is buy a console, build a custom rig with a monitor and have a portable gaming system. Because as stupid as that sounds, a gaming laptop is worse.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Let's talk about the latest video cards, which you'll need to see that sweet rear end locked 30 fps

I've already got a GTX 1080 and a 1440p, 165Hz G-sync display. I'm kind of bummed D2 seems to do a maximum of 144fps, but I'll live :D

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

hey welcome to the show! posted:

I'm playing this on my PC when it's out. It's funny that there are people in this world who are legitimately mad about this.

Cross platform is going to rule.

There is no cross platform

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

I feel like Razer is the leading brand in gaming laptops for some reason.
Probably neck and neck with Alienware

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

cvnvcnv posted:

Piss bottles. You bois using gallon milk jugs or you have a custom rig like your pc?

Real IBD-OGs use colostomy bags

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

treiz01 posted:

I've already got a GTX 1080 and a 1440p, 165Hz G-sync display. I'm kind of bummed D2 seems to do a maximum of 144fps, but I'll live :D

what the gently caress is this moonspeak.
none of those numbers are gonna help you diagnose the crashing to desktop problems you're gonna encounter.
and just lol if you think bungie is gonna actually fix that poo poo in less than 3 months

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

none of those numbers are gonna help you diagnose the crashing to desktop problems you're gonna encounter.
and just lol if you think bungie is gonna actually fix that poo poo in less than 3 years

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

and just lol if you think bungie is gonna actually fix that poo poo in less than 3 months

Try to educate yourself before posting in the PC thread, bro.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

I feel like Razer is the leading brand in gaming laptops for some reason.
Probably neck and neck with Alienware

Razer, the scooter brand that I grew up making fun of people for having hath given me another lovely product for losers that I can make fun of. Hallelujah

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Everyone prepare your kickstarters to pay for the new video cards for these poor pc fellas

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
My gaming rig is too big to fail

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

The Meat Dimension posted:

My gaming rig is too big to fail

Just lol if your rig isn't cooled in mercury

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

I'm still laughing that I poo poo down your throat in the first post and you've been coughing up corn ever since lmao

hey, just to have free corn is a privilege

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

cvnvcnv posted:

Piss bottles. You bois using gallon milk jugs or you have a custom rig like your pc?

I actually cut a hole in my chair and piss and poo poo in a tub under rhe chair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Destiny on the PC is not what is important here. Is Bungie on the PC.

I use to be a PC player until 3 or 4 years ago, and I had no idea whatosoever about Bungie. To me they where a unknown.

When I started playing Destiny, I focused on automatic rifles. Because when you play on the PC, a automatic rifle is the best combination of stopping power, mag size and handling. But Bungie have other prototypes.

Getting handcanons the way Bungie understand them is not easy. With a handcanon you have a small mag, slow rate or fire. You have to make sure each shot matter. Is a bit like in a western movie.

Is possible for me, a PC player adicted to automatic rifles, to drop that and use a hand canon? I did and I enjoyed it.

Bungie is one of these companies that have something unique to say about videogames. And not having Bungie games on the PC means PC players did not had this experience available for them.

• Locked thread