Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
gee quid. What reason could I have for a) not believing your claim and b) being sure Mr F is scum.

HMM?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I see your Mr. F scumslip comment and that's not bad but I don't think it's accurate. It's a huge gambit for him to take a scum out D1 with a shot he could use on a town member and shrug off. And I think you're being a bit tunnelvisioned because of it. I don't see you looking at anyone else, other than you telling me I'm terrible.

Why am I scum, if you're so convinced?

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Kashuno posted:

I'm clearly not the only one thinking your claim sucks?

See, I still don't understand this at all. I think the way the claim came out was fair - put the results out there so they're there in case he dies overnight, with a caveat that sanity isn't known. Using a known-alignment player to verify your sanity makes sense to me, too.

I don't get why any of this is bad.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

If you're counter claiming cop, who did you investigate N1 and N2, what are your results, and why didn't you counter claim me yesterday?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Come
On
People
!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

And also do you have any sanity info in your role PM

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Quidthulhu posted:

If you're counter claiming cop, who did you investigate N1 and N2, what are your results, and why didn't you counter claim me yesterday?

Mr F was investigated by Max
I investigated you

I didn't counter you yesterday because you didn't know your sanity was your claim and I don't immediately out myself after a string of games with multiples of the same power role.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Kashuno posted:

C ome
O n
P eople
!
Are you counterclaiming? If sanity is an issue, then multiple Cops are likely so it doesn't mean much. Your actions up to now would not be congruent with having a counterclaim.

I believe you have just made a fake soft-counterclaim.

If you are actually counterclaiming, fullclaim, name targets and results, and say whether your PM mentioned anything about sanity. If you are Town and lying just because you feel real super duper sure, cut that poo poo out and make a case or something.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Lumpen posted:

Are you counterclaiming? If sanity is an issue, then multiple Cops are likely so it doesn't mean much. Your actions up to now would not be congruent with having a counterclaim.

I believe you have just made a fake soft-counterclaim.

If you are actually counterclaiming, fullclaim, name targets and results, and say whether your PM mentioned anything about sanity. If you are Town and lying just because you feel real super duper sure, cut that poo poo out and make a case or something.

I lie as town all the time and I am sane.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Kashuno posted:

Mr F was investigated by Max
I investigated you

I didn't counter you yesterday because you didn't know your sanity was your claim and I don't immediately out myself after a string of games with multiples of the same power role.
Okay, taking your claim as sincere for the sake of argument, does it not seem likely to you that Max/YOU are the insane Cop? If you got Scum results on the guy who SHOT SCUM D1 and the GUY CLAIMING COP?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Kashuno posted:

I lie as town all the time and I am sane.
Do you claim to have a PM that says you're a Sane Cop?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Lumpen I know you know how to read

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
lie detect this if there is one

I am a town aligned sane cop

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I could buy having an extra cop in the game if it's a fakeout useless cop :v:

But if you got a scum result on him Kash, obviously that's a different story.

##vote Quid

2 bullshit tests for the price of 1!

Now see, if you had investigated someone other than the miller Quid, if you flipped town and at least somewhat sane we could go back and maybe get some new info in light of your confirmed death but oh well. :shrug:

I should check if Birb was already claiming his 3P poo poo on D1. Quid investigating a 3P then a miller is like the equivalent of scum claiming to have only got results on dead people.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Why would Kash counterclaim and put his rear end on the line to be proven as a liar for the sake of catching a lovely insane cop with no good results yet

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
yeah given this there are a lot more meaningful results from ##vote Quid today. If he flips scum, then we vote Mags tomorrow, and hopefully Kash can survive the night.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I'm gonna flip town unless my role PM lied to me, so if you are actually sane, this game is hosed.

Unless you've decided that the scumteam is so hosed at this point that you just want to get the cop gone. :shrug:

##vote Kashuno

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

##vote kashuno

You're insane!!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mr. F! posted:

##vote kashuno

You're insane!!

:sad:

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

this game is os bad that i am actually going to start playing mine craft now.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
the only thing I'm insane with is power.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Knowledge is also power, but Lumpen hasn't shared his with the class yet

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

See the question here is what is Kashuno's intent. I am going to flip town. If you really have nothing in your role PM mentioning your results could be wrong, then pera is loving with us and maybe we should stop killing people like Birdstrike is suggesting.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Quidthulhu posted:

See the question here is what is Kashuno's intent. I am going to flip town. If you really have nothing in your role PM mentioning your results could be wrong, then pera is loving with us and maybe we should stop killing people like Birdstrike is suggesting.

LOL "no I am totally town lets kill no one"

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Bifauxnen posted:

Knowledge is also power, but Lumpen hasn't shared his with the class yet
Unless I have information that catches a Scum, I claim at -2, as is proper and optimal. If I have a power role, which I neither confirm nor deny at this point.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Lumpen posted:

Unless I have information that catches a Scum, I claim at -2, as is proper and optimal. If I have a power role, which I neither confirm nor deny at this point.

Who said anything about claiming your role?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Quid is clearly Town. The timing, manner, and consequence of his Cop claim is not consistent with a Scum gambit at all.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Lumpen posted:

Quid is clearly Town. The timing, manner, and consequence of his Cop claim is not consistent with a Scum gambit at all.

i dont think you play mafia enough anymore to understand modern mafia.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Bifauxnen posted:

Who said anything about claiming your role?
You noted that I have not revealed information about my (hypothetical) power role.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Lumpen posted:

You noted that I have not revealed information about my (hypothetical) power role.

See, you aren't too good at getting me are you.

You received an interesting clue last night.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I'm on mobile, can someone check when Kashuno started pushing me as scum? I think it was before he investigated me, and he's been pretty consistent that he has a slam dunk on me. I don't remember it looking like a suspicon he confirmed with investigating me.

Also, why wouldn't you claim beginning of day if you are a sane cop with two scum caught? That makes no sense bud.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidthulhu posted:

Also, why wouldn't you claim beginning of day if you are a sane cop with two scum caught? That makes no sense bud.

This practically IS the beginning of the day still :v:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Quidthulhu posted:

I'm on mobile, can someone check when Kashuno started pushing me as scum? I think it was before he investigated me, and he's been pretty consistent that he has a slam dunk on me. I don't remember it looking like a suspicon he confirmed with investigating me.

I'm sorry you play mafia like an infant and can't comprehend anything other than the basics

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bifauxnen posted:

This practically IS the beginning of the day still :v:

Whoah actually speaking of that

##unvote

Pretty early to sit at -2 when hardly anyone's cast honor votes yet. My vote will be right back on Quid after that's sorted though.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
that was really rude I apologize quid.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

It's cool because I am pretty sure you have some sort of weird PR to lie about everything and be as obnoxious as possible

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

guys you should kill lumpen

or bif i guess

get a brain morans

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Quidthulhu posted:

It's cool because I am pretty sure you have some sort of weird PR to lie about everything and be as obnoxious as possible

Yes it's called mafia

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

guys you should kill lumpen

or bif i guess

get a brain morans

Yeah lol at Lumpen being all evasive over a gambit lie detector, and now he'll even be cagey about a friendly neighbourly message if you just make it look mysterious and important enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Bifauxnen posted:

See, you aren't too good at getting me are you.

You received an interesting clue last night.

Yes I confirm that I received a message. It was not interesting, was it?

• Locked thread