Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Don't forget that the Bellator card is going to be on tape delay which means spoilers are going to be out there on who wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Vontaze Burfict is the pound for pound best athlete name.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
rusty kuntz?

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
I duno, Gumgor Gumgor is pretty good.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Dan Didio posted:

Vontaze Burfict is the pound for pound best athlete name.

Not Haha Clinton-Dix?

I have a soft and possibly racist spot for the name Mosi Tatupu. His son wasn't able to carry on the name legacy but he did make it in to the NFL.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Baby Slice vs Some guy - after losing to an 0-2 guy Baby Slice takes a step up in competition against an undefeated opponent
I love how much Coker is clearly in the tank for several inexperienced prospects even after they lose to scrubs and/or show no MMA aptitude whatsoever.

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.

...and the pitch! posted:

Not Haha Clinton-Dix?

That's not a real name though.

I'm partial to Faraj Fartass.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Nierbo posted:

I duno, Gumgor Gumgor is pretty good.

Beaver "Beaver" Beaver

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Let's just end this tangent with Ken-Yon Rambo and move on to Paul Daley trying to go after Michael Page of all people in the crowd.

Ironic Twist fucked around with this message at 04:17 on May 20, 2017

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

So Bellator shows don't get their own gdt?

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Xerzes posted:

So Bellator shows don't get their own gdt?

we can only get like 4 pages of posts on off-hour UFC fight night threads, why would there be more than 10-20 posts on some tape delay bullshit from the dollar store knockoff UFC?

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008
How did Rory look tonight?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
From tonight's TitanFC

https://twitter.com/Grabaka_Hitman/status/865734266113716225

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Digital Jedi posted:

Don't forget that the Bellator card is going to be on tape delay which means spoilers are going to be out there on who wins.

the announcer just said 'for those of you who have been reading about this fight for the last five hours on the Internet, thank you for still watching"

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Surprisingly the Cheick Kongo fight on this Bellator card was insanely boring

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Surprisingly the Cheick Kongo fight on this Bellator card was insanely boring

That was really, really bad. I am glad the UFC let him go.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
E: whoops

TastyAvocado
Dec 9, 2009

ghouldaddy07 posted:

As good as you could hope. I was worried he might look tentative standing like in the Wonderboy fight but he was aggressive and landed the better shots in the 18 seconds the fight was standing. He was very persistent with his wrestling and obviously once he had Daley down, Daley had nothing for him. Rory vs Lima/Larkin is going to own.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
i'm very happy that rory owned the poo poo out of paul daley. great to see him get an easy win

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i guess that fight between the 12 year old and the 24 year old was earlier and the child won by rear naked choke in the first. why'd you have to show mercy, Yamasaki?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Aye Doc posted:

i guess that fight between the 12 year old and the 24 year old was earlier and the child won by rear naked choke in the first. why'd you have to show mercy, Yamasaki?

B-League MMA: I think it is a fairly strong child, so I will be defeated by her without mercy

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

ghouldaddy07 posted:

His beard game was not great. She wouldn't even kiss him on the lips.

Dr. Miracle
Feb 13, 2008

born to shart
Apparently that 12 year old girl won. New challenger for Mighty Mouse?!?

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/44868-deep-jewels-16

EDIT I have been beaten as badly as a 24 year old getting choked out by a sassy tween.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Apparently this isn't unheard of in JMMA?

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/5/17/15637850/momo-12-year-old-making-her-mma-debut-deep-jewels-16

The whole article is interesting, but to me the most interesting part is this bit of foreshadowing:

quote:

Since Momo is just three centimeters shorter and three kilograms less than Yamazaki, I have decided to accept the offer from Deep Jewels because I believe Momo is fully capable of fighting Ms. Yamazaki. As far as I know, in the past, Jewels has done fights between 13 year olds vs adults, 12 year olds vs adults, and in those fights, the younger fighters won by submission.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
invicta going on now

card didn't look super great, but roxy's fighting, so that's neat

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

:black101: DISCOUNT LUMBER

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Roxy got strikes all of a sudden knocking down her opponent who went on to spike her at one point to get out of an armbar which seems illegal.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

That sweep by Roxanne was dope. Making the the other woman look like a white belt (which she might honestly be.)

Edit: Haha. Roxanne by ground-and-pound KO was not something I expected. That elbow split her wide open.

Trillhouse fucked around with this message at 04:31 on May 21, 2017

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

D'Alelio has been fighting in MMA too long to be a white belt.

But she just got brutalized by loving Roxanne Modaferri.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
I wonder how good Roxy would be if she trained at Syndicate (or probably any where in the US) for her whole career, instead of being over in Japan for such a big chunk

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect roxannes cosplay before a bout.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

CommonShore posted:

D'Alelio has been fighting in MMA too long to be a white belt.

But she just got brutalized by loving Roxanne Modaferri.

To be fair, Roxanne's started looking way better during her Invicta run. It's a shame that improvement only started after she got fired from the UFC, but what can you do.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I think there's almost a 100% chance Roxanne is going to be in the TUF women's flyweight season coming up.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Le Saboteur posted:

I think there's almost a 100% chance Roxanne is going to be in the TUF women's flyweight season coming up.

She'll be invited but she really seemed to hate the TUF house.

CarlCX posted:

To be fair, Roxanne's started looking way better during her Invicta run. It's a shame that improvement only started after she got fired from the UFC, but what can you do.

Oh I know. I love her. And I love how different that statement sounds in 2017 compared to how it would have sounded in oh, 2012.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Only one finish on this card and it comes at the hands of the almighty Roxanne Modaferri

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I thought her back is/was all kinds of hosed up. What happened with that?

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Yeah it seems like Roxanne's style shifted from "anime" to "actual fighting" a little while back. It's kind of insane.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

LobsterMobster posted:

I wonder how good Roxy would be if she trained at Syndicate (or probably any where in the US) for her whole career, instead of being over in Japan for such a big chunk

What would Roxy be like if Japan didn't exist is an interesting thought experiment but the answer is 'probably working in finance somewhere'.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I'm ready for UFC Flyweight Champion Roxanne Modaferri

Dan Didio posted:

What would Roxy be like if Japan didn't exist is an interesting thought experiment but the answer is 'probably working in finance somewhere'.

In an alternate universe without Japan Roxy is probably really into something like Renaissance fairs or LARPing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Now that I've thought about it, she'd definitely be one of those real life superheroes that walks around in spandex and challenges drunks to no shoes kickboxing fights.

Did Roxy not get robbed in her last fight that was for the invicta title or did I imagine that?