Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Looks like Cocoon can be a perk on normal legendary weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

hiddenriverninja posted:

siege engine aka death zamboni

Hate Plow

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

sunday at work posted:

Given double primaries, the apparent ttks, and such, Cocoon could be hot fire in 2.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

rip hate plow best world of Warcraft guild

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

Menstrual Show posted:

The Betty poom sinaddr threesome finally went to the lighthouse together! Betty was last seen taking group shots to hang on the wall while poom was overheard saying, 'I don't even care about going flawless'

Lmao clips incoming

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

sunday at work posted:

I'd really wait for more final builds before assuming this

It would be cool though don't get me wrong just saying it's a little early to assume.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Hello lovely console players!

Please stick to this thread to talk about Destiny 2 console gaming. (I will most likely be joining you all on my PS4.) Please do not antagonise the PC thread. The reason I stickied it was just to see your reaction. I was a little shocked to see your vitriol in this thread towards PC gamers. Surely we can all play our games and enjoy them without berating others!

Don't worry, I will ask that the PC gamers stick to their (unstuck) thread too.

Thank you kindly, all!

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Menstrual Show posted:

rip hate plow best world of Warcraft guild

Wait, you know about Hate Plow?

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
What's the story about hate plow?

ACOPKILLEDMYDOG
Aug 7, 2013
Don't know if anyone made this connection yet or if I'm nuts, but the destiny 2 gun design looks a lot like the test weapons that the armsmith gives you which is cool and made me like the nerf guns more

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

When life throws lemons at you, nuke the fucker!

ACOPKILLEDMYDOG posted:

Don't know if anyone made this connection yet or if I'm nuts, but the destiny 2 gun design looks a lot like the test weapons that the armsmith gives you which is cool and made me like the nerf guns more

I'd have to disagree. From what I can find for images, they're actually pretty distinct from D1. But that's referencing the Nerf Gun post on page 1.
Of course, i haven't tested weapons in a while. So I could be totally wrong.

Spiv fucked around with this message at 20:49 on May 21, 2017

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"

Doorknob Slobber posted:

i wonder how much better fps we will get on our PCs

lol PC guys so thirsty to hang with the fun console guys

http://i.imgur.com/HFzyM1b.gifv

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Destiny has weapon foundries omolon, hakke, suros​, etc.... Each foundry has their own similar designed weapons, perk trees, flavor text etc... This is part of the reason the weapons look the same. It all helps the world building too.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Spiv posted:

I'd have to disagree. From what I can find for images, they're actually pretty distinct from D1. But that's referencing the Nerf Gun post on page 1.
Of course, i haven't tested weapons in a while. So I could be totally wrong.

Some of the leveling weapons look like the old bare-bones design of the test weapons, which kind of makes sense if you think about it. The city got wrecked so a lot of the foundries are probably digging through old storehouses for anything that can send bits of metal downrange at high speed.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Rick_Hunter posted:

Wait, you know about Hate Plow?

I was in hate plow for years.

Edit: mesc

Menstrual Show fucked around with this message at 21:54 on May 21, 2017

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

The Meat Dimension posted:

What's the story about hate plow?

It's just a wow guild that is apparently still around that some friends (mostly goons) made like 10 years ago and ended up being very good at PvE progression and poo poo.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Menstrual Show posted:

I was in hate plow for years.

Edit: mesc

I only know of them because I was on their original server (AoS?) for about a month with an Alliance guild before i took a break. Still a great guild name though.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Rick_Hunter posted:

I only know of them because I was on their original server (AoS?) for about a month with an Alliance guild before i took a break. Still a great guild name though.

Yup that's the one. I sold that character for like $500 and the dude who bought it tried to resurrect the guild in my name, lmao

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Menstrual Show posted:

Yup that's the one. I sold that character for like $500 and the dude who bought it tried to resurrect the guild in my name, lmao

That's pretty hilarious

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Destiny 2: PYF guided games messages begging for carries

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I look forward to someone melting down about not finding a group because they refuse to use a mic.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

LOOK I JUST WANT TO EXPERIENCE THE STORY AND FURTHERMORE

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Bungir plz lock trials after someone does one card because i cant go flawless :cry:

GodofGravity
Jun 20, 2005
Fun Shoe
The best part about this:

is this:

'Steve Cotton" posted:

You go to whatever landing zone you want.

Multiple landing zones in open areas rules. No more having to zone in at the start of the zone and run/ride all the way across the map to get to the one zone you want.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I'm sure this has already been discussed and I just missed it but how does the new weapon layout work? Like I know it's kinetic, elemental, power and shotties and snipes are in power now, but can only certain guns be kinetic or elemental? Like are kinetic weapons always AR/Scout/Pulse/HC or is it less divided than that?

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

FishBulb posted:

I'm sure this has already been discussed and I just missed it but how does the new weapon layout work? Like I know it's kinetic, elemental, power and shotties and snipes are in power now, but can only certain guns be kinetic or elemental? Like are kinetic weapons always AR/Scout/Pulse/HC or is it less divided than that?

stick the shooty end up a PC player's rear end and overclock it

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Seems to be that kinetic and energy weapons can drop from the same pool (AR, HC, SR, SMG, etc.) and the only difference is that it either drops elemental or it doesn't. And from what I've heard, you can't equip an elemental gun in the kinetic slot.

I suppose there's a chance that there will be weapon types that are strictly kinetic or energy, but there aren't any that I'm aware of yet.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

FishBulb posted:

No one really knows yet

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I think i saw elemantals with the crucible crest on it during the pvp so maybe you can pick packages whem you rank up like now and theres some cross over. Might be a node you buy from the gunsmith.

Or like the raid adept weps now only drops will be elemental and the vendor stuff will be kinetic.

Could be cool.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

texaholic posted:

No one really knows yet

That seems to be the case with most things. I just thought maybe it came up on a stream.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Has Bungie announced the next info dump? I figure we might get a timeline next Thursday in the TWAB but it will most likely be an announcement for the next announcement, which is probably related to E3.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

:a2m:

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I sniped this ugly punk kid for the win and blew him a kiss.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I really hope that carries over to Destiny 2, one of the things Ive enjoyed most are reading those chat logs

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

eonwe posted:

I really hope that carries over to Destiny 2, one of the things Ive enjoyed most are reading those chat logs

It's gonna get even better now that the sherpa/LFG systems are baked into the game

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

eonwe posted:

One of the worst things about the Destiny 2 reveal was the confirmation that people will no longer get angry and call you a human being.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

DrNutt posted:

One of the worst things about the Destiny 2 reveal was the confirmation that people will no longer get angry and call you a human being.

ya? well thats good to know!

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Is there another gun like the dead orbit hung jury but better? I like that gun a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Darth Windu posted:

Is there another gun like the dead orbit hung jury but better? I like that gun a lot

Cryptic dragon can drop with similar rolls, gotta play crucible for it