Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Babinsack was the patron saint of the Bad Opinions thread before Chris Regal up and died.

E: "died"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
I've peeped more than enough new Babinsacks for my lifetime

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

flashy_mcflash posted:

Babinsack was the patron saint of the Bad Opinions thread before Chris Regal up and died.

E: "died"

why did you use quotation marks

is it all a work

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

exploded mummy posted:

why did you use quotation marks

is it all a work

There are rumblings.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

It's really cool to fake your own death to work the boys readers of your tna blog???

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

It's really cool to fake your own death to work the boys readers of your tna blog???

TNA came back from the dead enough times, their fans were bound to follow suit eventually

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Babinsack almost makes a point in all that, but it's clear that he's so bound up in the Way Wrestling Used to Be that any deviation from that is the reason wrestling isn't as big now.

Jobber squashes do help establish a mystique for a wrestler you want to push, but audiences simply would not accept a show that's as squash-heavy now as wrestling TV used to be. The standard got raised and there's no going back, we expect more competitive matches and big story moments on the free show, and companies have to work to pace that so that there's still something left for the PPVs/Network specials/etc. That's the way it is.

(And it's not like there clearly isn't still a hierarchy within promotions now.)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

not to mention wwe still uses squashes with a couple guys every couple years. ryback basically got the goldberg push before he got dropped for roman reigns.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Endorph posted:

not to mention wwe still uses squashes with a couple guys every couple years. ryback basically got the goldberg push before he got dropped for roman reigns.

Braun was crushing non-contracted guys for a while, too. So it can work, but I think it's one of those things you don't want to bust out too often.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Please don't doxx MRP.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MRP wouldn't hide behind an anonymous confession about Roman :colbert:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Guys, it's a massive secret. :ssh:

As you know, we've all created this huge conspiracy to...

to...

:confused:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I'm just still throwing a tantrum because D-Bry didn't win the 2015 Rumble

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Same but with Jinder Mahal.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

My wrestling confession: I hatefuck Roman Reigns every night

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/thismorning/status/861497123661111296

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Wow! Can't wait to find out how the company's owner's daughter fought her way into an executive position!

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

Wow! Can't wait to find out how the company's owner's daughter fought her way into an executive position!

She married Triple H, the little gold digger!

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Can Steph just no longer smile politely? Like a human being? Are all her smiles mutated sneers?!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It's probably botox, tbh.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Wrestling Forum posted:

After witnessing the mediocrity of Nikki Cross and Ruby Riot, I'm inclined to declare that NXT Women's match a disgrace of the highest order. Up until Bayley's title reign, I looked forward to NXT Women's matches the most at Takeovers because they were traditionally one of the best, if not THE best match on the card. Since Bayley's reign and transitioning into Asuka's, the matches have been average to good. Tonight's match was a travesty. I'm disgusted that these two emo goth girls were allowed to show themselves on a live special with that half assed performance. It's like they were selected because none of the performance center girls are believable, (mostly due to the stupidity of the booking team) so they threw in the girls with the most indy cred. That's not going to cut anymore.

We knew this would be a filler match, so why not spend the last month building a PC girl instead of wasting everyone's time? It's like they want to rush Ruby Riot so she can siphon off what's left of Paige's fanbase. There are plenty of girls who have been sitting on simmer for at least a year that they could've used to put on an equal or potentially greater performance than what we witnessed tonight. I don't care if Mandy Rose is a heel. She's made the most noticeable improvements and people want to see her pushed. Use her. Build Liv Morgan. Work with her on promos. Invest in your current talent instead of running to the indies everytime people stop giving a gently caress about NXT, otherwise, this cycle is destined to repeat itself forever.

I can't believe there are unironic Liv Morgan and Mandy Rose fans in 2017. :psyduck:

I mean I don't really disagree on that last part, but no one sane thinks Morgan or Rose are even remotely credible (and a month of solid booking wouldn't fix that), and they are infinitely worse than Cross and Riot in the ring.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

DarkstarIV posted:

I can't believe there are unironic Liv Morgan and Mandy Rose fans in 2017. :psyduck:

I mean I don't really disagree on that last part, but no one sane thinks Morgan or Rose are even remotely credible (and a month of solid booking wouldn't fix that), and they are infinitely worse than Cross and Riot in the ring.

I'll help you out here.

This is Mandy Rose & Liv Morgan:

...and this is Ruby Riot

Whether we all agree about in-ring performances mattering or not, there are still going to be fans out there who will only want to see women on WWE television if they're cute blonds "wrestling" like it's 1998 again. Nothing will change that.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Hm, I think Doc Brown warned us about Liv Morgan and Alexa Bliss having a match...

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

DarkstarIV posted:

He's sort of right though.

Riot and Cross are both pretty bad despite being established indie workers, their matches in NXT have been boring and it would be an absolute waste of time putting them on the main roster because no one will care about them.

The same thing is happening with Itami. He has the Japanese/Indie cred but he has gone down like a wet fart on NXT both before and after his injury and very few people really give a poo poo about him.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

spudsbuckley posted:

Riot and Cross are both pretty bad despite being established indie workers, their matches in NXT have been boring and it would be an absolute waste of time putting them on the main roster because no one will care about them.

The same thing is happening with Itami. He has the Japanese/Indie cred but he has gone down like a wet fart on NXT both before and after his injury and very few people really give a poo poo about him.

no

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
nikki cross is good

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

spudsbuckley posted:

it's amazing you've been here nearly a decade and every post you make, without fail, is the worst possible opinion on whatever topic is being discussed, across all subforums

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I like how this escalated.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

spudsbuckley posted:

Right thread

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Mob posted:

it's amazing you've been here nearly a decade and every post you make, without fail, is the worst possible opinion on whatever topic is being discussed, across all subforums

Thanks for following my amazing career.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Takeover was full of home grown talent that should be getting more love, like the Authors of Pain and literally no one else because there isn't any home grown talent in NXT

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Maybe if the Performance Center wasn't poo poo at developing talent they wouldn't have to keep raiding the indies to fill out Takeover cards

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

spudsbuckley is often right because he's usually observing that nxt is bad

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there should be almost zero home grown talent since there is no chance it would be as good as signing talent from elsewhere. What's the big deal.

If you want to start talking about implications for the future based on this practice and other concurrent wwe practices involving independent wrestling then read my lips: "stop that please"

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

WWE killing Indies/Japan fully and not being able to create another superstar thus killing them would be a funny ending for the Company at the very least.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

WWE killing Indies/Japan fully and not being able to create another superstar thus killing them would be a funny ending for the Company at the very least.

Vince McMahon will be our first Secretary of Wrestling

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I like Ruby Riot and IRL has been super nice to mutual friends but she was very sloppy and often out of position last night. If didn't like her I'd would say she got EXPOSED.

She's not exactly Alistair Black in terms of transitioning from the indies to this stage.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

From an article with a headline asking if Jinder winning the title is the right call.

Out of curiosity, I decided to check his profile to see his "talent with computers."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Some men just want to watch the world bum.