Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidthulhu posted:

As town you should maybe care about that. You being so laissez faire about it looks more like scum sacrificing themselves to get the cop gone.

Lol yeah I'd be so scared about the cop who claimed questionable sanity from the get go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Maybe the scum need to no kill first as a sign of good faith

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
My PM had no flavor name included. My flavor for Roleblocking is climbing on top of my target. It included text that I could Roleblock myself.

It was written as if peramene was having a manic episode at the time.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Lumpen were both nights successful?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Podima posted:

Lumpen were both nights successful?

Yes. And on N2 I additionally received the message from Bif. If you were not blocked N2, then there is potentially a Bus Driver and Inf may not have lied.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

I doc'd quid n2

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Lumpen one more question please. Does your PM mention town, very specifically by that name? I think you can answer, without breaching PM quoting rules.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Podima posted:

Lumpen one more question please. Does your PM mention town, very specifically by that name? I think you can answer, without breaching PM quoting rules.

Not really cool imo

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Gaming on wordings seems against the spirit of the game

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yeah playing PM detective is a bit dodgy. Also I think there's some room for variation in these PM's. Mine didn't give me a character name either, just a lot of flavour stuff about the swarm in general.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Mr. F! posted:

Gaming pm wordings seems against the spirit of the game

Mafia edit

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Bif I'm calling you out. You've been skating by on a lot of good will these last couple of days cause your play has been seemingly engaged but I think you're jumping at low hanging fruit and I do not logically see how you think Kash's claim makes more sense than mine. I think you're acting scummy as hell and if you are actually town I'd like to see you put a case together against me or anyone else, with legwork, because I think your good will should be drawing to an end at this point.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. F! posted:

There's a reason for this. I ask that Lumpen indulge.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Mr. F! posted:

Not really cool imo

I actually agree

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Podima posted:

No. It doesn't mention any alignment at all, but I don't have Scumbuddies. So I am Town by inferrence and context. If we were having proper Mafia flips, I would expect I'd flip SWARM-Aligned, and that MMT would have flipped INTRUDER-Aligned.

My win condition involves ennui.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidthulhu posted:

Bif I'm calling you out. You've been skating by on a lot of good will these last couple of days cause your play has been seemingly engaged but I think you're jumping at low hanging fruit and I do not logically see how you think Kash's claim makes more sense than mine. I think you're acting scummy as hell and if you are actually town I'd like to see you put a case together against me or anyone else, with legwork, because I think your good will should be drawing to an end at this point.

Awesome, I was worried I was getting too townie established for you guys to keep me around much longer!

Please continue.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Mr. F! posted:

This is how mods learn how to mod/write PMs.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Mr. F! posted:

Not really cool imo

don't sign your posts

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Birdstrike posted:

don't sign your posts

I can't help it

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
I am not being critical of peramene's PMs or flips at all. They are part of the game and the setup, and standard Mafia rules allow for paraphrasing PMs. I think this line of inquiry is valid and helpful in evaluating alignments of Podima and me.

peramene could very well have provided convincing fake PMs in the proper format to the Scum, as is standard good modding practice.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Lumpen posted:

My win condition also involves ennui!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

Awesome, I was worried I was getting too townie established for you guys to keep me around much longer!

Please continue.

So you're going to ignore my request for an actual case from you, or to explain in detail the case you have made?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Quidthulhu posted:

My win condition also involves ennui!

let it go

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidthulhu posted:

So you're going to ignore my request for an actual case from you, or to explain in detail the case you have made?

I've explained it enough and also heaped mockery on your counter cases, do y'all really need more posts from me, I think not

Time to sit back and let my "could still be scum maybe" meter refresh so I can stick around to dunk on your bros some more in endgame

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Lumpen posted:

Yes. And on N2 I additionally received the message from Bif. If you were not blocked N2, then there is potentially a Bus Driver and Inf may not have lied.

I was not blocked N2.

I was going to counterclaim, but:

Lumpen posted:

My PM had no flavor name included. My flavor for Roleblocking is climbing on top of my target. It included text that I could Roleblock myself.

It was written as if peramene was having a manic episode at the time.

Lumpen posted:

No. It doesn't mention any alignment at all, but I don't have Scumbuddies. So I am Town by inferrence and context. If we were having proper Mafia flips, I would expect I'd flip SWARM-Aligned, and that MMT would have flipped INTRUDER-Aligned.

This perfectly describes my PM, precisely to the exact letter. I'm also a town roleblocker. My PM refers to swarm, not town specifically by name, but the intent is clear.

I blocked Bif Night 1. My action failed that night. I got Bif's message then.
I blocked Lumpen Night 2. My action succeeded that night.

I guess I was busdriven, but so was Lumpen apparently? Somehow we blocked each other, but neither actually hit target, and Inf was blocked instead.

Setting that particular boondoggle aside, this actually makes me feel .... better about two separate cops? Two roleblockers and two cops. What I can't set aside - Kash claims being specifically sane. Quid claims sanity in question. Former is more suspect tbh. ##unvote

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
My pm refers to none of this

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Podima posted:

I was not blocked N2.

I was going to counterclaim, but:

This perfectly describes my PM, precisely to the exact letter. I'm also a town roleblocker. My PM refers to swarm, not town specifically by name, but the intent is clear.

I blocked Bif Night 1. My action failed that night. I got Bif's message then.
I blocked Lumpen Night 2. My action succeeded that night.

I guess I was busdriven, but so was Lumpen apparently? Somehow we blocked each other, but neither actually hit target, and Inf was blocked instead.

Setting that particular boondoggle aside, this actually makes me feel .... better about two separate cops? Two roleblockers and two cops. What I can't set aside - Kash claims being specifically sane. Quid claims sanity in question. Former is more suspect tbh. ##unvote
Welp, I don't think you'd fabricate this at all. You're Town.

These results are very strange.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

huh. That makes things a bit more complicated. Here I thought I wouldn't have to bust out a spreadsheet for once.

Inf since you are known for not reading, can you just double check your results last night to make sure you were actually blocked, and it wasn't like, just pera having a go at you :v:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
could you imagine Inf playing myst?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Anyway, ##Honor Mr. F!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Birdstrike posted:

could you imagine Inf playing myst?

actually yeah, he'd fit right in during the battle of Two Arrows

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Bifauxnen posted:

actually yeah, he'd fit right in during the battle of Two Arrows

yeah I think he would've been good

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Looks like we've got a nice little hug box of townies looking to confirm each other here

Scum, it's not too late to accept my demands

Sara, time is running out for you

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
May is drawing near a close

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Birdstrike posted:

May is drawing near a close

well I think everyone's got postgame confessionals out of their system by now, postgame survivor spoiler journals are where it's at

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
All I'm gonna say is we should lynch quid tofay but if you guys doubt me for whatever reason don't try to lynch me it's a waste of time

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Bifauxnen posted:

well I think everyone's got postgame confessionals out of their system by now, postgame survivor spoiler journals are where it's at

We demand the remains of Big Boss the confessions of SLASHER HAWKE

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

All I'm gonna say is we should lynch quid tofay but if you guys doubt me for whatever reason don't try to lynch me it's a waste of time

Explain this statement now please. I'm tired of half claims.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Nah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Current thoughts: I would lynch Birdstrike, Kashuno, Moatillata, Flying Leatherman.

• Locked thread