Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Clearly the plan is to mirror Inf's postcount exactly and therefore avoid any suspicion.

Seriously though, there are two questions.

1. Does anyone have anything on anyone else beyond YPM posting too much and been suspected by Hal?

2. Can anyone counterclaim YPM being TM's partner? Because if not then I'm leaning on him being town pretty strongly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Flying Leatherman posted:

We're going to try this with a Monday deadline, but that's subject to mod discretion and may get pushed back depending on activity. I don't want you to feel rushed.

Deadline's been pushed to Tuesday.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

Deadline's been pushed to Tuesday.

Which Tuesday

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Your Personal Muse (1): Infinitum, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Infinitum, Infinitum
Bifauxnen (1): Retro Futurist, Infinitum, Infinitum

Not Voting (13): Bifauxnen, Dick Bastardly, drowned in pussy juice, Epsilon Plus, Flamander, Mayor Glowku, SirSamVimes, Slamburger, Somberbrero, this is a stickup, tpink, Yorkshire Tea, Your Personal Muse

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 23rd, 2017 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 9 hours.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Just turbo YPM

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
I'm waiting for my mason bro to talk to me before I say anything. Because I love him. Or her idk I ain't here to make assumptions about gender, I'm here to lunch scumbos :that one cowboy smilie:

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Infinitum posted:

Just turbo YPM

But that makes no sense! If nobody counterclaims him on being TM's partner then it's highly likely that he's not lying and is town.

I mean, I actually like your theory about postcount but I don't think it gels with information subsequent to your initial vote.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Epsilon Plus posted:

I'm waiting for my mason bro to talk to me before I say anything. Because I love him. Or her idk I ain't here to make assumptions about gender, I'm here to lunch scumbos :that one cowboy smilie:

Did you just assume your flavors gender???

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Infinitum posted:

Just turbo YPM

Give me a teason and you've got my vote. It doesn't even have to be solid

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Inf's entire meta is to latch onto something amazingly stupid and just ride it into the ground for no reason, that's alignment neutral.

Bif jumping on the "case" as though it's a real thing that makes sense, then jumping right off apparently because ypm made him laugh, now that's your scumbo.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yorkshire Tea posted:

But that makes no sense! If nobody counterclaims him on being TM's partner then it's highly likely that he's not lying and is town.

I mean, I actually like your theory about postcount but I don't think it gels with information subsequent to your initial vote.

You're assuming every mason pair is confirmed town to each other and they're not.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Vote YPM
Don't vote YPM

Makes no difference to me, but at the end of the game my hypothesis, regarding high post count by scum in a low-posting game, will prove correct; and YPM will flip scum.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Infinitum posted:

You're assuming every mason pair is confirmed town to each other and they're not.

I'm accounting for the possibility. I just think it's a slim chance relative to the opposite being true.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Infinitum posted:

Are you speaking from experience here?

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

I re-read the thread up to this point, and while generally a couple people had singularly suspect posts, the persons whose body of content seemed the most weird and disengaged was Somber.

##vote Somber

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Slamburger posted:

I re-read the thread up to this point, and while generally a couple people had singularly suspect posts, the persons whose body of content seemed the most weird and disengaged was Somber.

##vote Somber

Not saying you are wrong, just a bit curious into some specific reasons. Like which posts.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Yorkshire Tea posted:

I really don't like the assumption that a town's mason partner is also town. That seems real off.

##vote York

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

SirSamVimes posted:

I really don't like the assumption that a town's mason partner is also town. That seems real off.

##vote York

Why is that assumption so farfetched?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Mayor Glowku posted:

Why is that assumption so farfetched?

Wait, what? The game instructions specifically say masons are unconfirmed:

Welcome to Flavorful Mafia, a closed-setup, moderate-flavor game for 18 players. This was an initially-whimsical concept that kinda spun out of control at some point along the design curve and became what it is now. Please note that the setup is fairly experimental, so if you prefer standard games this one may not be for you. You'll be paired with another player in the game in an unconfirmed masonry. Some of you will just be masons. Some of you will be masons with a power role. It may not be in your best interest to claim your flavor or role!

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I like how Inf always finds a way to make me scum, it's impressive

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

tpink posted:

Wait, what? The game instructions specifically say masons are unconfirmed:

That's fair. My assumption rests on the idea that a scum player that can openly and easily lie to a town player would be an amazingly powerful role for scum.

Given that I think the ability for that to happen is going to be limited at best.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Yorkshire Tea posted:

That's fair. My assumption rests on the idea that a scum player that can openly and easily lie to a town player would be an amazingly powerful role for scum.

Given that I think the ability for that to happen is going to be limited at best.

I see that idea, though I think that by having a warning upfront from the op that masons in this game are unconfirmed, scum's ability to lie to their mason buddy is diminished (since the mason buddy should not be assuming that their mason is town).

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yorkshire Tea posted:

You think that unconfirmed masons is a powerful scum role?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I am going to blow your mind

All scum in all games can openly lie to town!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Btw my masonry has someone VERY suss in it

Voice friend bad

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

In my defense it's been a while since I signed up. I probably didn't even read the op. I'm genuinely surprised I read half your posting.

that actually makes it clear. I did forget that was mentioned

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Bifauxnen posted:

I believe it

It's you

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Retro Futurist posted:

You think that unconfirmed masons is a powerful scum role?

So it's probably my inexperience showing, but yes? I feel like it's easier to mislead people without the scrutiny of an entire thread.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Bifauxnen posted:

Voice friend bad

I can tell scum just by their high squeaky voices, agreed.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Yorkshire Tea posted:

So it's probably my inexperience showing, but yes? I feel like it's easier to mislead people without the scrutiny of an entire thread.

Again, ordinarily maybe yes, but much less so when the op all but tells people: "Hey that person who is in the masonry with you might be town or might be scum, you don't know for sure!"

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Mayor Glowku posted:

In my defense it's been a while since I signed up. I probably didn't even read the op. I'm genuinely surprised I read half your posting.

that actually makes it clear. I did forget that was mentioned

Reading is fundamental for chumps.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

tpink posted:

Good because I can't read

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SirSamVimes posted:

##vote York

this seems like a real weird thing for scum to push, and also a weird thing to actually think a scum would push.

##vote SSV

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

tpink posted:

tickled pink, your runway presentation had poor execution and your casing lacks body and oomph. I've made my decision, you must shitpost for your life. Tell me, who do you want to kill today?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Starting to feel like a Bif/York/YPM scumteam here.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

tpink posted:

Again, ordinarily maybe yes, but much less so when the op all but tells people: "Hey that person who is in the masonry with you might be town or might be scum, you don't know for sure!"

It's a matter of gradation I guess. In every game of Mafia you walk in knowing some people are going to be lying to you. But because there's a lot of scrutiny I think it's harder to deceive people.

Happy to say I'm underestimating the possibility though. I'll defer to you guys on that.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

8 hours to go and I'm happy with my YPM vote.

Getting some sleep but I'll be about for deadline

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Kashuno replaces Somber.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
what's gucci?

Adbot