Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Digital_Jesus posted:

2015s have MyFordTouch in them. Sync3 didn't get put in until 2016. This was one of the best things about the interior switch from my EB to the 5.0.

(MyFordTouch sucks rear end)

E: VIN lookup on that posting does look like a GT Premium though.
E2: Unless GTs in 2015 got Sync3 and EBs didnt too. I donno. Whatever. My 2015 EB Premium had MyFuckTorch
True. In which case I wouldn't buy it anyway.

Cage posted:

Fart y'all I'm not posting any other pics.

Update the registry. :colbert:
Details? the craigs posting got deleted.

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 22:46 on May 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

damnit. quote != edit

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

ilkhan posted:

Details? the craigs posting got deleted.
Its an 04 Mach 1 with 21k miles. Has a 93 bama tune, mgw shifter, bbk throttle body, I forget what type of intake, and smoked headlights/tail lights. Extra parts include stock all of that. Original shifter, intake, headlights, and tail lights. Will probably replace the headlights.

Car is good.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
edit nm I just checked it's OK

Grats on new car Cage

GabbiLB fucked around with this message at 01:01 on May 21, 2017

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I do think that smoked headlights look cool, but my experience with them is terrible. They are unsafe on unlit dirt roads due to reduced light, and they are hard to see on other cars during daytime.

Overall, why do people use them? Even regular mustang headlights suck, and smoking them makes them nigh unusablen. I have HIDs in my angel ring projectors, and they own.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Its like putting sunglasses on your car bro~

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Does your car have less miles than kalvick's now?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Yeah. For like a week. :D

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Vahakyla posted:

I do think that smoked headlights look cool, but my experience with them is terrible. They are unsafe on unlit dirt roads due to reduced light, and they are hard to see on other cars during daytime.

Overall, why do people use them? Even regular mustang headlights suck, and smoking them makes them nigh unusablen. I have HIDs in my angel ring projectors, and they own.
My '16s lights are tinted. The reduced light output doesn't matter so much if you rarely drive at night. Though I did consider removing the front tint several times over winter.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Light tints over LED lights seem fine. I can't stand it when I'm behind some rear end in a top hat in an older truck or something and they have dark tints and you have 0 idea if he's braking or not. It's totally illegal but I see it all the time.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

Cage posted:

Yeah. For like a week. :D

I drove my car JUST for you today. Strait to church and then back home. Just like a little old lady!

I drive a BBW
Jun 2, 2008
Fun Shoe
Could someone who has a 96-04 GT take a look at their power steering reservoir and tell me how it's plumbed? I'm trying to figure out if the stock reservoir has the return line from the rack and hydroboost t'd together or if they're separate lines to the reservoir?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

kalvick posted:

I drove my car JUST for you today. Strait to church and then back home. Just like a little old lady!

I hope you did a burn out in the parking lot. Just like a little old lady!

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

BraveUlysses posted:

PNW prices are higher than a lot of other areas of the country

i'll keep looking but i should test drive one before i dive too far down the rabbit hole

and it's gotta have the PP, i don't think i care about premium or any other packages

see this craigslist search for 15-17 mustang, v8, manual transmission, clean title and under 30k

1 hit

https://seattle.craigslist.org/sear...uto_cylinders=5

Try getting rid of your transmission selection (not frozenphiling you) as it is missing some cars from your search such as this: https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ctd/6108800775.html

frozenphil fucked around with this message at 19:19 on May 22, 2017

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

I got my clear bra, stripes, and tint done a few weeks ago and haven't had time to snap any pics so here's 2 from blackout tinting's Facebook page.

fps_bill fucked around with this message at 20:02 on May 22, 2017

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
What did you mean by "to t"? Can't really guess the typo. That looks super slick!

Whats with the panels on that hood? It almost looks like they don't vent. Is that like on my old car where someone didn't get the traction control so in its place a fake button was placed?

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
The hood vents are absolutely functional.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I now want vents like that, but they pop up to vent more heat if the car gets hot enough, then slowly push down as it cools.

:black101:

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

Cage posted:

What did you mean by "to t"? Can't really guess the typo. That looks super slick!

Whats with the panels on that hood? It almost looks like they don't vent. Is that like on my old car where someone didn't get the traction control so in its place a fake button was placed?

Was supposed to be tint. Idk how it turned into to t.

And yes, hood vents are functional.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Ahh jealous. NY now checks tint at inspections so you're hosed on getting anything on the front windows.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

fps_bill posted:

I got my clear bra, stripes, and tint done a few weeks ago and haven't had time to snap any pics so here's 2 from blackout tinting's Facebook page.

img]http://i.imgur.com/dO9udDr.jpg[/timg]
img]http://i.imgur.com/UMDmL1E.jpg[/timg]
gently caress me thats pretty.

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

Cage posted:

Ahh jealous. NY now checks tint at inspections so you're hosed on getting anything on the front windows.

That sucks. Technically anything on the front windows in PA is illegal, but there's enough stuff rolling around tinted I don't think cops enforce it unless you're/they're being a dick. Actually now that I think about it any tint other than the back window on a coup is illegal. Idk, PA has hosed up laws.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
The windshield and front side windows cannot block more than 30% of the light.
Seventy percent or more of the light from the outside must pass through the window.

You can still tint the front but not that dark. Cops usually won't pull you over unless that poo poo's black but I'm not sure about inspections. If you go to a jiffylube or something they might call you out on it.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

Cage posted:

I mean, cant you just go to emissions on a really nice day and pull in with your windows rolled down? do they roll them back up?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

kalvick posted:

I mean, cant you just go to emissions on a really nice day and pull in with your windows rolled down? do they roll them back up?
They would maybe think of that, I dunno. I'm double hosed anyway because I work on a college campus and have been ticketed for the tint on my car because they know you have to park here every day so they go after the little stuff, city cops don't care unless its opaque.

I really don't care because the windows are usually down all the way.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

Cage posted:

They would maybe think of that, I dunno. I'm double hosed anyway because I work on a college campus and have been ticketed for the tint on my car because they know you have to park here every day so they go after the little stuff, city cops don't care unless its opaque.

I really don't care because the windows are usually down all the way.

Parking sucks on my campus too. Campus police go after cars for not having campus stickers on them but that is about it. its pothole heaven, the spaces are way too small, and I cant even tell you the number of dings and bumps all over my jeep from people constantly swinging doors into my car.
Its really one of the major reasons I don't drive my Mustang more often.

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

I think my exhaust moved or something. Sometimes at a certain rpm I can hear something bouncing off of something else. Also this thing got really annoying at 2100 rpms and I'm pretty sure that's new. Everyone days the Ford racing exhausts have no drone though. I think a pipe is touching something and I'm getting noise that way.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I had a "holy poo poo my exhaust sounds like its falling apart" sound around 2500rpm that happened to be a loose o2 sensor. I couldn't believe how loud and terrible it made everything.

This is probably not your problem, because I didn't put your exhaust together. :v:

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
My exhaust actually used to slide back and hit my sway bar, I have it zip tied in place now. Sounds like you need to just get under your car and take a peak, could be anything.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
My Mustang did that at 2500rpm too, In my case at the time, I had a crappy welded in flowmaster 40 and the welds were coming undone. the resonance at 2500 rpm made it worse and eventually rattled itself apart.
replacing with a full Magnaflow exhaust fixed all that.

in your case is the exhaust sitting in the hangers correctly? Are the exhaust pipes or mufflers, or cats, almost touching things like the gas tank, the axles, or any other part of the car? The heat build up can make parts expand and rattle against other things. See if you can get under the car and push up against the pipes and see if you can move them around and touch other things.

To get rid of drone, you need more chambers in your mufflers.

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

My ramps at my brothers place so I'll have to wait till this weekend to take a look. Im pretty sure that when i readjusted everything to get the tips sticking out an equal distance on either side the drivers side pipe was really really close to the subframe so Im thinking poo poo moved. I dont think it droned before, im pretty sure this is a new thing. maybe this time I can actually get the passenger side tip centered.

Like i said everyone says the ford touring exhaust has zero drone so I dont think it's the mufflers thats droning, I think a pipe is against something and vibrating at a certian rpm range.

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004

kalvick posted:

Pull the power window fuse just in case! :v:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I don't think these are the kind that close.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
The throttle return spring on this car is waaay too heavy duty for me. After driving for an hour my right foot was pretty fatigued, and my starts from stops are like Im back to my first week of driving stick. Definitely going to look at getting a lighter one. Looks like advance sells some random ones that I can try out.

I know some people like to get heavy ones so they dont speed so much but this was ridiculous. By the time I applied enough pressure to move the pedal suddenly the rpms are at 2k and Im slipping the clutch way more than I'd like to get going.

Car feels sooo much faster than the GT, I love it. I should get some more pics this weekend.

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

The drivers side pipe was rubbing on the swaybar, I took everything apart and re situated it, if say I got enough clearance now.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
If there's play in your exhaust(the hangers move around) it's very likely they are gonna just slide back into the swaybar again. This was the problem I had and my solution was to just zip tie the hangars to the mounts.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Happy Birthday to me :sax:

Pedders coilovers, will install this weekend and post pic/thoughts

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Finally got some better pics.

Wasn't drinking and driving. Went to a cruise night and wanted to leave and didn't feel like walking back to the garbage cans.

LongSack
Jan 17, 2003

Took my baby on vacation with me. Nashville -> Winston Salem, NC -> Charleston, SC -> Savannah, GA with day trips to Hilton Head (disappointing) and twice to Saint Simon's Island (not disappointing) -> Nashville.

33 hours and 1800 miles behind the wheel. It was glorious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Cage posted:

Finally got some better pics.

Wasn't drinking and driving. Went to a cruise night and wanted to leave and didn't feel like walking back to the garbage cans.

That looks really good.