Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

super macho dude posted:

Sorry, but no. You're going to get an "Evil Dark Skin Foreigner Heel*" WWE Champion and loving like it, buddy. Don't you know we've ALWAYS been at war with India?

*never mind that India is not considered an enemy of the United States politically, culturally, or religiously.

In India he's the scrappy underdog who, with the help of his friends, overcame the hatred and viciousness of Randy Orton.

Like no poo poo, I'm thinking back on the match, and Jinder is simultaneously getting his comeuppance as Randy just beats him down for 90% of the match as well as being the babyface in peril.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

championship goo

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I liked Ziggler nakamura but I will admit Shinsuke is a little too "japaneasy" for my tastes

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

oldpainless posted:

I liked Ziggler nakamura but I will admit Shinsuke is a little too "japaneasy" for my tastes

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I wanna be happy for Jinder, but it's an out-of-nowhere HYPERSPACE push to a repackaged jobber that just so happened to be on the Overeem Diet, and that worked pretty recklessly on his three relevant matches before a title opportunity arose. I'd be really into this poo poo if it happened when he was part of 3MB, so I guess context is important in storytelling. Who knew?

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Jinder seems like A Nice Guy (based on his Talk is Jericho appearance) but yeah, I suppose this is a prime example of WWE making it difficult for fans to suspend their disbelief. But I guess it also says something about wrestling that magical powers and druids are cool but hotshotting the title to a jobber makes everything seem "off."

Although I do wonder how the reaction would have been if it was a jobbing face (Heath Slater, let's say) taking the title off of a heel champion. Maybe Jinder is actually sort of over as a heel? gently caress, I don't know. It does suck for Bray, though.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
The Nakamura match was fine but for how big a deal they made out of it it needed to be more than that.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Destroy My Sweater posted:

Jinder seems like A Nice Guy (based on his Talk is Jericho appearance) but yeah, I suppose this is a prime example of WWE making it difficult for fans to suspend their disbelief. But I guess it also says something about wrestling that magical powers and druids are cool but hotshotting the title to a jobber makes everything seem "off."

Although I do wonder how the reaction would have been if it was a jobbing face (Heath Slater, let's say) taking the title off of a heel champion. Maybe Jinder is actually sort of over as a heel? gently caress, I don't know. It does suck for Bray, though.

A face jobber getting a title push is an underdog story, everyone likes an underdog. Outside kayfabe that's what Jinder is, but in kayfabe he's more of a Kevin Owens: perfectly legit wrestler that takes shortcuts if things go bad. He just isn't...very good at it, and he didn't get a build up to his current character either.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I completely forgot about Backlash and Takeover

Jinder, huh

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010

Incessant Excess posted:

The Nakamura match was fine but for how big a deal they made out of it it needed to be more than that.

Nakamura vs Ziggler should have been a 5 minute squash on Smackdown the week after he debuted. Why they felt they needed to build a loving Dolph Ziggler match for well over a month I have no idea.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Incessant Excess posted:

The big deal was the point. They should have had a very good match. In the opening spot, it should have been fast paced and crowd pleasing. If they're debuting a rock star, they should have given him more offense, particularly against someone who specializes in getting hit in funny and cool ways.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Soothing Vapors posted:

Jinder, huh

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Soothing Vapors posted:

Jinder, huh
go watch the UK match and the tag match (last match) of takeover immediately

for backlash i guess just watch the tag title match

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

When does Mojo get his title match? He squashed Jinder like a month ago.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
hell when does gronk get his title match?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
So Orton had to have one of the worst title reigns ever, right? At least the worst of his career.

-- Won the belt at Mania in arguably the worst match of the night
-- Lost a non-title House of Horrors in definitely the worst match of the year
-- Spent weeks before that match doing nothing because the guy he was feuding with switched brands. Ratings fall off a cliff with him on top.
-- Dropped the belt on his first defense to a career jobber

That's a seriously impressive resume of poo poo packed into a one-month reign.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Based on his trolling of the indies Orton couldn't care less as long as he's getting that sweet sweet paycheck

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Big Bacnes Back Baby!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

randy is the jay cutler of wrestling (bad opinions and all) and i like him. outside of the part where he hates certain human beings. that's bad.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag1o3koTLWM

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

hell when does gronk get his title match?

For maximum trolling, presumably at the next event in Atlanta.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Would we have an unhindered Jinder if Vince didn't decide to have Randy eat Brock's elbows? In the end it's all back to being Brock's fault

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

Mahal spoke with Sportskeeda after winning and told them he didn’t find out until Sunday that he’d be taking home the title. When asked about McMahon’s reaction he said, “Vince was very happy. He was really proud of me because Vince knows how much work I’ve put in.”

Adding, “And, I told Vince, ‘Hey Vince, my goal is to come back every week and improve. Every time you see me perform I’m going to get better on the mic, going to get better in the ring and I’ll be in better shape every week.'”

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Jinder is never going off his cycle. Yikes

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I am happy for Jinder and cannot wait to see what he does with this opportunity.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Oh lord that's sad.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm honestly petrified the India market will be huge enough that Jinder will never ever lose the title.

Double that for the eventual, inevitable Bin Wang world title run.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Alternatively, Nakamura wins the title because Vince thinks he's Chinese and nobody has the heart to tell him otherwise.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

So I know everyone's all jazzed up about the jobber World Champion but did I read someone say the Usos are Samoan Fat now? Is this true?
What show should I be watching to see this thing I've been waiting so long for?

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 22:18 on May 22, 2017

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Man I'd laugh if Jinder ends up causing the WWE and Vince to go full into Inoki-ism

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Man I'd laugh if Jinder ends up causing the WWE and Vince to go full into Inoki-ism

TBF I'd put even odds on something on Jinder's Bane--esque roid body getting hurt before he gets the chance to. I don't WANT that to happen but I could see it happening. Also apparently what they did with Khali was good for India when Khali was around so maybe Jinder just being a high-level dude will be enough to keep the market happy. :shobon:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Don't mishandle the jandle

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I'm glad Orton lost I hope he loses everything and becomes homeless

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
NO

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

everything stinks

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm honestly petrified the India market will be huge enough that Jinder will never ever lose the title.

Double that for the eventual, inevitable Bin Wang world title run.

why is the india market relevant. This is one billion percent a reward for roiding. This was made very clear to me

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

projecthalaxy posted:

why is the india market relevant. This is one billion percent a reward for roiding. This was made very clear to me

It's both. WWE wants to improve in the Indian market and Vince wants to reward Jinder for his physique.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

India has 18% of the earths populayion. That's a lot of Roman reigns merch

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

projecthalaxy posted:

why is the india market relevant.
India is pretty much second only to China in terms of profitability going forward, if you can crack it. It's not massively rich but it's gargantuan; the population of the US is a bit over 300 million, while the population of India is a bit over 1.3 billion, in the same ballpark as China. That's the kind of sheer mass of bodies that big businesses can't afford to ignore, especially when the Americas and western Europe are drying up for so many industries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Think about how many yards Roman can own in India.

• Locked thread