Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/Corbynator2/status/866764719021019136

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Captain_Maclaine posted:

It really is remarkable that someone whose policies are "I will try to make your life better" is gaining on someone whose are "I will have your children burned alive to heat the saunas of the rich."

She also wants to reinstate the torture of small furry animals.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
if the cons lose their government because they called a opportunistic early election im gonna lol

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
also seriously lol @ UK political parties passing laws against the demented. don't they realize what island they rule?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Does th NHS include dental?

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Not really, there are charges for NHS dentist visits and most surgeries mix NHS and private appointments and guess which one they try to get most people to have?

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Helsing posted:

I assumed Blair was saying what a lot of the PLP couldn't when he declared that he wouldn't support Corbyn even if he believed that Corbyn's policies could win.
Did he legit say that, because lol.

rudatron has issued a correction as of 23:16 on May 22, 2017

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

There's been a crush in Manchester

...shooting & explosion? gently caress

edit2: Electrical explosion possibly

Nonsense has issued a correction as of 00:08 on May 23, 2017

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/sohaibmm1/status/866786806066540544

Looks to be something that exploded outside, leading to stampede

Tabloids will have a field day.

Nonsense has issued a correction as of 00:37 on May 23, 2017

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Nonsense posted:

There's been a crush in Manchester

...shooting & explosion? gently caress

edit2: Electrical explosion possibly

From what I've read, it was likely a transformer blew out or something similar and people got killed in the resulting panicked rush.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
*murdoch paper journalists debate the merits of reporting the explosion as a terrorist attack anyway on the off chance it'll hurt labour polling numbers*

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
If this was a terrorist attack in manchester people might become less disposed to tolerate corbyn's friendliness with IRA bomb terrorism.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

hakimashou posted:

If this was a terrorist attack in manchester people might become less disposed to tolerate corbyn's friendliness with IRA bomb terrorism.

*audible erection sproing is heard from The Sun headquarters*

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Corbyn or May: it matters little, as the Ed Stone is the Orb's candidate of choice, and all the Isles shall bow before its cold, unfeeling, monolithic form.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

hakimashou posted:

https://twitter.com/BBCDanielS/status/866802691439308800

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

There are 64 mosques in Manchester. Any one of them could have summoned a djinn to blow out that transformer.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
https://twitter.com/DavidBegnaud/status/866809792878215169

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

smells like fascists

odds on this being a false flag attack to try to bolster support for may like they did in france?

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 244 days!

Condiv posted:

smells like fascists

odds on this being a false flag attack to try to bolster support for may like they did in france?

i really want to make a "radical centrists" joke but instead i'm going to point out that this sucks no matter who did it

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Theresa May is strong and stable.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I feel bad for Brits that the American press doesn't give one iota of a gently caress about British investigations, and just want the juicy poo poo over and done with.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

time to see if May can wave the flag hard enough so she can kill many more people during her government then this attack did

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Zikan posted:

time to see if May can wave the flag hard enough so she can kill many more people during her government then this attack did

Good thing she's shutting down her campaign to deal with this issue then. I'm sure that'll work out for her just like it worked out for McCain in 2008 when he got his rear end handed to him by Obama.

Why is it right-wingers always want to make a production out of something when the end result is looking weak? She can't do two things at once, one of which being an election she called herself?

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Good thing she's shutting down her campaign to deal with this issue then. I'm sure that'll work out for her just like it worked out for McCain in 2008 when he got his rear end handed to him by Obama.

Why is it right-wingers always want to make a production out of something when the end result is looking weak? She can't do two things at once, one of which being an election she called herself?

The other being a potential terrorist incident which she needs to direct the government response to.

She's the PM, and there was an incident in the UK which requires direction from the Cabinet Office and a coordinated response. Who is supposed to do it instead?

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

If only May was PM with an increased majority this would have never happened.

Respects etc to the families but I'm inured to terrorist attacks after the last 16 years of them.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Nonsense posted:

Theresa May is strong and stable.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i was feeling vaguely optimistic about the election when i went to sleep last night and woke up to this really poo poo news

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
The bombing of a concert, many of the dead including children, days ahead of a general election. Bad timing.

Prediction: the suspect was muslim, not technically affiliated with isis, probably born in the uk, but radicalized over the internet. Mentally, the guy's just going to be an islamic version of a /pol/ retard.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

rudatron posted:

an islamic version of a /pol/ retard.

Man, I wonder if there are isis chan boards

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 244 days!

Homeless Friend posted:

Man, I wonder if there are isis chan boards

finding those 72 virgins has never been easier!

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObpcGNCU944

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

it was nice having some rights

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Jose posted:

Don't worry, you're getting more right.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Jose posted:

super important update: facebook friend posted a lovely post about how police should now have unlimited rights to do whatever they want, when they want to stop knife crime and terrorism. but she added that 'this applies to people of all races and genders' so it's totally ok.

on the other hand, she literally used to suck dick for coke so i might take her opinions with a grain of salt before i peronally start lynching people in my allotment idk.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

maybe the tories will stop the cuts to the police that have left them massively understaffed

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Baloogan posted:

if the cons lose their government because they called a opportunistic early election im gonna lol

they are absolutely going to do this

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Jose posted:

:yikes:

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Jose posted:

i was feeling vaguely optimistic about the election when i went to sleep last night and woke up to this really poo poo news

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Jose posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
well i sure do hope corbyn release a very strongly worded statement condemning terrorism in all its forms