Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

aj styles would do poorly in india onaccounta he don't want naan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

pressedbunny posted:

India is pretty much second only to China in terms of profitability going forward, if you can crack it. It's not massively rich but it's gargantuan; the population of the US is a bit over 300 million, while the population of India is a bit over 1.3 billion, in the same ballpark as China. That's the kind of sheer mass of bodies that big businesses can't afford to ignore, especially when the Americas and western Europe are drying up for so many industries.

He's making a joke about a certain someone's meltdowns.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Remember when Randy won the Royal rumble?

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

DeepDickPizza posted:

I am happy for Jinder and cannot wait to see what he does with this opportunity.

The dogs are in the enclosed pool area. Garage side door is open.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

super macho dude posted:

Sorry, but no. You're going to get an "Evil Dark Skin Foreigner Heel*" WWE Champion and loving like it, buddy. Don't you know we've ALWAYS been at war with India?

*never mind that India is not considered an enemy of the United States politically, culturally, or religiously.

We've always hated Jinder's homeland.*

* Canada**

** In wrestling. Maybe hockey too. During the Olympics or something.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Wondering if this leads to a Sami run at the title? They made it seem like a big deal when he beat Corbs last night. Of the current roster, I'd say him or AJ have to be the next contender. Unless they just bounce it back to Orton at MITB 😞

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Repeat royal rumble winner randy

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Rename the Royal Rumble the Roman Randy

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqURPBtGJzg

I kinda like Fozzy's Judas. It's catchy and alright.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I want sami to get a title program. It's believable because both sami and jinder are loser idiots who won one match ever

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Sono posted:

We've always hated Jinder's homeland.*

* Canada**

** In wrestling. Maybe hockey too. During the Olympics or something.

Sorry, you must be thinking of Yuvraj Singh Dhesi.

Jinder Mahal, on the other hand, is from Punjab.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

He's making a joke about a certain someone's meltdowns.

And it's super funny!

I stand by the fact that it 100% would never have happened without the physique, so he IS rewarding juicing. If Jinder still had his 3MB body, you can forget it. I'm willing to concede that breaking into the market was a factor but no loving way was it not influenced by Roidbody Mahal.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

SamuraiFoochs posted:

And it's super funny!

I stand by the fact that it 100% would never have happened without the physique, so he IS rewarding juicing. If Jinder still had his 3MB body, you can forget it. I'm willing to concede that breaking into the market was a factor but no loving way was it not influenced by Roidbody Mahal.

you're looking real jacked, baby

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Bill Goldberg posted:

I saw you had posted and prayed that you had quoted my post with that response. Bless you, friend.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I sorta like Jinder. Now, I'd of course prefer the belt be given to guys who have been putting in great work but at this point I'm beyond cynical about that and aren't going to get worked up about it. If it's just going to be something stupid used for branding to the masses, and not to actually facilitate stories/reward people, than I'm cool letting Jinder try it out. As if people were enjoying Orton's, or Bray's, or Roman's or Sheamus' runs.

Also, I think sundays ppv was sorta perfect and I'm cool if that's the new format. Pack the first half of the card with really great in ring stories and matches and end it with some dumb rear end poo poo for the kids. Oh and begin every ppv with a Fashion Police match

BWV fucked around with this message at 22:52 on May 22, 2017

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Bill Goldberg posted:

We are all looking real jacked baby, on this the first blessed day of the Unhindered Era

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Randy Orton is everything about the WWE that makes me remember why I don't watch the product as often as I used to.

I don't care if other wrestlers think he's a great worker, he may make the best gruel in the kitchen but it's still a bland thick paste.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It takes a lot of steroids to get strong enough to move goal posts.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Also the Ryback has ideas about the Indian market:

Da Big Guy posted:

“I don’t know why [they’re trying to appeal to India]. They have the TV deal, but people don’t have any f–king money out there, so I don’t know why they’re trying to [appeal to that market]. I heard that the merchandise sales out there aren’t good. No s–t! Like, I’ve been to India. They don’t have money. There [are] certain people that do, but the ones that do, I’m pretty sure aren’t f–king watching fake fighting.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Incessant Excess posted:

The Nakamura match was fine but for how big a deal they made out of it it needed to be more than that.

I really think it was fine. He ate like four or five of Dolph's finishers, like Cena, and wins with just one finisher, also like Cena and Roman. I think this was their attempt to show how tough Nak is only it was lovely and didn't utilize Dolph's excellent ability to sell things like death.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Phenix Rising posted:

Wondering if this leads to a Sami run at the title? They made it seem like a big deal when he beat Corbs last night. Of the current roster, I'd say him or AJ have to be the next contender. Unless they just bounce it back to Orton at MITB 😞
Sami's win is going to solidify Corbin as Mr Money in the Bank.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'm so sorry everyone

quote:

Triple main event: Orton vs Jinder, Owens vs Styles, and Nakamura vs Ziggler rematches announced for the June 13th Smackdown

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It's cute that people still have hope for Sami Zayn

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I fully expected two of those but why do Owens/Styles again now?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
is the 13th a sunday? why are they announcing matches for a smackdown weeks from now

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Benne posted:

I will remain vigilant on the sami zayn hypey train even as it sinks into the earth.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

it's been said many times before but sami desperately needs a character other than goofball who can sometimes pull off an upset victory

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

is the 13th a sunday? why are they announcing matches for a smackdown weeks from now

It's a Tuesday, and it's the last live event at New Orleans before Mania, so they'll be trying to both make the show a big deal and hype up Mania tickets

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 23:38 on May 22, 2017

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

BWV posted:

Oh and begin every ppv with a Fashion Police match

Hell yes

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Chris James 2 posted:

It's a Tuesday, and it's the last live event at New Orleans before Mania, so they'll be trying to both make the show a big deal and hype up Mania tickets

Uh won't wrestlemania sell out like, regardless

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Mulaney Power Move posted:

it's been said many times before but sami desperately needs a character other than goofball who can sometimes pull off an upset victory

The thing about underdogs is they eventually need to win when it matters. If the underdog doesn't get wins no one gives a poo poo.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Chris James 2 posted:

I'm so sorry everyone
If Jinder bombs as champion I can see him dropping the belt back to Randy

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tomahawk posted:

It'll sell of course, but they always try to stack up the last shows in the area before the show to get people hype

Doesn't hurt to give more reasons to be interested in a now 6-7 hour show

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Tomahawk posted:

i think they rarely do? like 32 had a bullshit number (but was still a loving huge actual number) and 33 had whole sections of the stadium empty for that stupid ramp

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

I'm so sorry everyone

"Backlash sucked, so what we need to do is put on a repeat of Backlash which is guaranteed to have shittier matches and worse finishes"

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

The_Rob posted:

The thing about underdogs is they eventually need to win when it matters. If the underdog doesn't get wins no one gives a poo poo.

well the other thing about underdogs is they need a character and personality other than "mostly a loser" if they're gonna make it in the wwe.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

Of course, but they always try to stack up the last shows in the area before the show to get people hype

Doesn't hurt to give more reasons to be interested in a now 6-7 hour show

Apex WrestleMania is going to be like 24 Hours of LeMans. Just straight 24 hours of a live show, commentary on shifts, the after hours portions are just the weirdest gimmick matches and adult themed while the morning matches are kid friendly, wrestlers wrestling at least four times in those 24 hours. The prime time main event is a pyramid of ladders on top of three cages where Jeff Hardy will dive off with a flying elbow from a Whisper in the Wind gaining maximum velocity where his elbow starts flaming and he explodes on impact. Only to miss and have his pants rolled up letting James Ellsworth claim the Universal title.

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

Benne posted:

Sami is being used perfectly. He wins just enough to be a credible threat to anyone while maintaining his scrappy underdog status. He'll even probably get a feel-good title win at some point when someone gets injured and they are scrambling. Really he's overachieving for a guy who likes ska.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Mulaney Power Move posted:

well the other thing about underdogs is they need a character and personality other than "mostly a loser" if they're gonna make it in the wwe.

Not really. Daniel Bryan was guy who said no than guy who said Yes. Character of underdog really doesn't need much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/866793411613011968

• Locked thread