Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Crows Turn Off posted:

They probably delayed RDR2 because they thought of some more ways to make the online portion less fun.

Seriously. GTA online does not give me high hopes for RDR2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLqeAH5D1uo

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Haha, I was wondering what kind of exotic location they would choose next but they managed to surprise me.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh cool Montana.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

please tell me that's a parody by The Onion or something??

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I got lucky and snagged an Everybody's Golf beta code

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
That is some nice in game footage from Farcry 5 there, wow!

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

I guess I'm about ready for some more Farcry. Primal was a bit of a letdown since they compromised a bit too much of the gameplay to serve the setting. Montana is kind of an outside the box location for a numbered entry but it sounds interesting.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I guess Far Cry 5 is some Jim Jones cult, which is slowly becoming the new zombies or something.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Xaris posted:

please tell me that's a parody by The Onion or something??

Farcry by the Onion? That would be even better.

I actually like the idea of Farcry in Montana against some christian cult. Won't just be heading to the third world to murder the indigenous population*!

*watch, it will be some white kid from NJ killing the local Native American tribes.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Primal didn't really do it for me so I'm kinda down for a new FC game. I really ended up enjoying 4.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Skeezy posted:

Primal didn't really do it for me so I'm kinda down for a new FC game. I really ended up enjoying 4.

Yeah I'll talk poo poo about Far Cry but I always play them and enjoy them. I even thought Primal was decently fun. It's just not the same without guns though.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Far Cry has always been about mass murder tourism in the underdeveloped world, so it's good to see they will be sticking to that theme

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

El Jebus posted:

Farcry by the Onion? That would be even better.
*watch, it will be some white kid from NJ killing the local Native American tribes.
Probably not but I bet some Indian mystic will proclaim him the chosen one.

edit: it could be a Hmong immigrant or someone experiencing a completely closed white American community for the first time, that could be something.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 00:13 on May 23, 2017

acksplode
May 17, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Far Cry has always been about mass murder tourism in the underdeveloped world, so it's good to see they will be sticking to that theme

Can't wait to predator-stealth outposts full of Oxycodone traffickers

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i think far cry has been sorta outdone by other open world games for awhile so i hope they innovate something, or it's going to just feel like far cry: assassins creed. especially if they keep the typical amount of collectables littering the map

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Getting kind of sick of open world games tbh is this fad dead yet 🤔

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Give me some tight gameplay and areas that are open enough for tactics, but closed enough to keep every encounter compelling please.

Basically I wanted MGSV to be a series of Ground Zeroes maps for each episode.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Getting kind of sick of open world games tbh is this fad dead yet 🤔

Ubisoft has basically said that's all they are making for the foreseeable future.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I'm still slogging through the b playthrough of Nier. Haven't even touched Horizon ZD yet 🤔 so many good games coming too (well, wipeout and dirt) 😭😭

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

JBP posted:

Give me some tight gameplay and areas that are open enough for tactics, but closed enough to keep every encounter compelling please.

Basically I wanted MGSV to be a series of Ground Zeroes maps for each episode.

Basically. The Hitman model with MGSV gameplay would rule.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Basically. The Hitman model with MGSV gameplay would rule.

Kojima could have kept Konami happy by selling me 15 installments of GZ at $30 a throw...

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Manatee Cannon posted:

rdr getting pushed back is the least surprising thing that could have happened to it

Yeah. If you ever believed it was coming when they said you're a sucker.

veni veni veni posted:

Seriously. GTA online does not give me high hopes for RDR2

I mean as long as it has a decent single player component too I can just ignore that crap.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'm surprised to think anyone would buy an rdr sequel for anything but the single player

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I kind of liked the prehistoric GTAO style of RDR's online, with the DLC adding gambling and all that. Now with GTAO taking off the way it did they'll make you spend money to get chips to play.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Liver Disaster posted:

You know Geralt's not a real person right?

Oh, poo poo, what is he? Hopefully not some type of kin-folk...

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

veni veni veni posted:

I guess Far Cry 5 is some Jim Jones cult, which is slowly becoming the new zombies or something.

Good, let it become the new fad in horror. Cults are way more scary than zombies just because it's more real that something like that would happen. I keep watching these new teasers, especially the church one. Even if they weren't for FC5 they are still awesome teasers. Just the calm beauty of Montana scenery being disrupted by terror is great.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Oh, poo poo, what is he? Hopefully not some type of kin-folk...

He's a servile and programmed golem

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
After HZD and Zelda, Far Cry is gonna have to REALLY bring it to even register.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Feenix posted:

After HZD and Zelda, Far Cry is gonna have to REALLY bring it to even register.
Yup, I'm ignoring FC5 unless Ubisoft does something wildly interesting with it (aside from the setting, which might be cool). HZD beat them at their own game, and Zelda blew the genre completely apart. I wonder how yet another Ubisoft-by-numbers game would sell in this market. The marketing has to stop working and the bottom has to fall out eventually, right?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

acksplode posted:

Yup, I'm ignoring FC5 unless Ubisoft does something wildly interesting with it (aside from the setting, which might be cool). HZD beat them at their own game, and Zelda blew the genre completely apart. I wonder how yet another Ubisoft-by-numbers game would sell in this market. The marketing has to stop working and the bottom has to fall out eventually, right?

Ghost Recon: Wildlands is the top selling game of 2017 so far. Followed by For Honor. Ubisoft doesn't stray from the formula because the formula sells a million bazillion copies.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Isn't Wildlands a MGSV-style coop tactical shooter? Not really the style of open world game I'm talking about. And For Honor definitely isn't that either. I wouldn't call either of those games formulaic.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The point I'm making is that Ubisoft is not the development studio to expect really avant garde stuff from. They don't take a risk on a project unless they know it's going to be a huge hit and always strive to make their games reach the widest audience possible.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

The point I'm making is that Ubisoft is not the development studio to expect really avant garde stuff from. They don't take a risk on a project unless they know it's going to be a huge hit and always strive to make their games reach the widest audience possible.

Ok

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I think if RDR2 wasn't announced and these were teasers for a Rockstar game, I'd be way more excited.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Policenaut posted:

I kind of liked the prehistoric GTAO style of RDR's online, with the DLC adding gambling and all that. Now with GTAO taking off the way it did they'll make you spend money to get chips to play.

I actually thought GTAO was really fun before they added the yachts. They aren't necessary, but last time I played, they costed the equivalent of like $100 in real money.

But I really do like the premise and just messing around online in it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Policenaut posted:

rdr's mp was pretty fun to dick around in with friends. I just don't see it as a selling point and its inclusion or quality wouldn't affect my purchase

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Manatee Cannon posted:

rdr's mp was pretty fun to dick around in with friends. I just don't see it as a selling point and its inclusion or quality wouldn't affect my purchase

there are millions of people that haven't played a non-ea sports game on console since rdr zombies i'd bet

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

blackguy32 posted:

I actually thought GTAO was really fun before they added the yachts. They aren't necessary, but last time I played, they costed the equivalent of like $100 in real money.

But I really do like the premise and just messing around online in it.

Yeah, yachts were roughly around the time I gave up on GTAO. It was around that time that Rockstar started cracking down hard on all the cash exploits and jacking up the prices on all the new content, so you'd get 25k pieces of clothing and cars frequently dipping into the heavy side of 6 to 7 figures a pop. Even though heists paid out quite a bit and they equalized the cash payouts on missions, it became too much of a job to make money so I could dick around with ammo and insurance costs in free roam so the only people having fun were the old guard from early GTAO who got glitched billions of dollars. It actually makes me kind of sad because I really miss playing it sometimes, tank sniping during the age of assholes with tanks everywhere was a kind of griefing bliss I haven't had in a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I have a lot of problems with GTA Online (mostly the bad networking) but I never felt too poor to buy stuff I actually wanted.

What I'd like to see in Red Dead Online is a focus on open world stuff instead of matchmaking and instances.