Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Jerusalem posted:

I agree, but I figure there's only so much of those old shows they can handle in a limited time frame, especially now they're trying to take into account all the extra content that is being pumped out by WWE alone, let alone all the other wrestling promotions.

The only non-WWE show B&V review with any regularity these days is Nitro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
They don't do Impact anymore, you can probably count the number of times they've reviewed ROH TV this year on one hand, and LU is basically dead.

The most non WWE wrestling that Vinny reviews today is a random NJPW match once in a while.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I think the reason ROH has been reviewed so rarely was due to a cable fight in Bryan's area iirc. LU reviews are probably coming back soon with the new season I am guessing too.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Good Listener posted:

I think the reason ROH has been reviewed so rarely was due to a cable fight in Bryan's area iirc. LU reviews are probably coming back soon with the new season I am guessing too.

Bryan's DVR stopped recording it for months before the carriage dispute.

LU doesn't have a new season. They have the last half of Season 3 in the can, but there's no guarantee that Season 4 is coming at all.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Bard Maddox posted:

was Adam Cole the one bullied out of ROH

He deserved it for trying to poison Nick and being gullible enough to ever trust the Bucks of Betrayal.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

it was Keith Lee, Delirious bullied him by deleting his oldest Pokemon save

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Bard Maddox posted:

Yes, everyone was always calling him a baybay. Really mean.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Bard Maddox posted:

It was CM Punk

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Don't make me probate people for rehashing this dumb derail again, thank you.

this is the observer thread, and the de facto newsletters thread. talking about dave's practices or inability to stop using poor sources isn't a derail. it's also not 2009 anymore, it's okay for threads to branch out from time to time (which this one hasn't been doing, since everything is neatly on topic) if you're going to use pissy threats please at least wait until they make sense.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

yea ok posted:

this is the observer thread, and the de facto newsletters thread. talking about dave's practices or inability to stop using poor sources isn't a derail. it's also not 2009 anymore, it's okay for threads to branch out from time to time (which this one hasn't been doing, since everything is neatly on topic) if you're going to use pissy threats please at least wait until they make sense.

I'm talking about people bitching at Rovert every single time he makes a post, which causes him to get passive aggressive back at them, which draws the thread into a death spiral of people complaining about Rovert and people complaining about people complaining about Rovert.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

god bless

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

exploded mummy posted:

Bryan's DVR stopped recording it for months before the carriage dispute.

LU doesn't have a new season. They have the last half of Season 3 in the can, but there's no guarantee that Season 4 is coming at all.

Ah that's right. I forgot LU splits its seasons so I thought the one coming up was the new one. My bad!

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Jerusalem posted:

I'm talking about people bitching at Rovert every single time he makes a post, which causes him to get passive aggressive back at them, which draws the thread into a death spiral of people complaining about Rovert and people complaining about people complaining about Rovert.

Thanks Dixie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsbtIOD0mYM&t=136s

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
With less than a month and a half until the July Marathon, National Treasure Karl Stern's longform history of wrestling is up to 16 episodes. We are currently in... 1921. For those of you not following along it was Karl's goal to finish the series by July. Technically he did say it wouldn't come to the present day...

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It's been pretty interesting listening but I was amazed at how much content he had for the earliest days, even if most of it is just basic match results that were printed in the paper.

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

Just caught up with Shane O Mac on the Austin podcast. I gave up listening to the Austin podcast because of too much non wrestling content / repeat guests just reviewing shows. But this was a good listen.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

It's been pretty interesting listening but I was amazed at how much content he had for the earliest days, even if most of it is just basic match results that were printed in the paper.

It's more funny for me because he did a pioneers of wrestling special a few years ago that ended at 1930, so he's going to end up at the exact same point with slightly more detail. Which is cool, I enjoy the refresher.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Howling @ jeru. Ffs

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/866524360089239552

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Listening to Bryan and Vinny tear apart Backlash has been more fun than the PPV

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Bryan's opinions on the Usos/Breezango match are very troubling to me

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!
Dave's chair shot defense is loving retarded.

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
Wow even Meltzer came around in the last minutes of today's audio and said these people thought to be WWE bound are making more money than ever and they are not locks for WWE. Obviously referring to all these recent ROH names linked to WWE.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Roque11 posted:

Wow even Meltzer came around in the last minutes of today's audio and said these people thought to be WWE bound are making more money than ever and they are not locks for WWE. Obviously referring to all these recent ROH names linked to WWE.

What are you doing outside of the ROH thread?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Tr33 posted:

yeah holy poo poo :psyduck:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

sleepwalkers posted:

What are you doing outside of the ROH thread?

keeping it real

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

Tr33 posted:

St Evan Echoes posted:

yeah holy poo poo :psyduck:

I wasn't even certain on the spot Dave meant - is it the one where a guy swings a chair like a bat at another guy doing a tope? If so, how could anyone possibly argue Dave's side of it? Randy did a pretty sloppy backdrop there, no doubt, but come on.

Speaking of Randy and Dave - I have a theory that they used to talk, but had a falling out. There was a time when Dave consistently over-rated his matches, now Dave goes out of his way to be critical.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Listening to this and it's a hard listen as covers some stuff I didn't know and I'm super angry at Vince cause of this.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Listening to this and it's a hard listen as covers some stuff I didn't know and I'm super angry at Vince cause of this.

Read Martha Hart's book if you want to get really angry. There's some wrong information in the book regarding the wrestling business but the details about Owen's death and the resulting lawsuit is spot on.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

vince is an evil monster lol

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

mkay0 posted:

I wasn't even certain on the spot Dave meant - is it the one where a guy swings a chair like a bat at another guy doing a tope? If so, how could anyone possibly argue Dave's side of it? Randy did a pretty sloppy backdrop there, no doubt, but come on.

Speaking of Randy and Dave - I have a theory that they used to talk, but had a falling out. There was a time when Dave consistently over-rated his matches, now Dave goes out of his way to be critical.

Dave puts Randy over when he tries like in the Backlash match. Orton is just well known for not giving a gently caress a lot of the time and rarely goes out of his way to have a great match so there's never any excitement around his matches not are they ever anything special.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Roque11 posted:

lmao

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
From Meltzer that the reason they're all in on India is because of facebook followers from India being so high but that wasn't translating into money.

If you know anything about high facebook followers from India - they're fuuuuuuuuucked.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Lid posted:

From Meltzer that the reason they're all in on India is because of facebook followers from India being so high but that wasn't translating into money.

If you know anything about high facebook followers from India - they're fuuuuuuuuucked.

Please tell me they blew up their booking to try to get money out of fake followers.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Has using social media ever translated to money for them? No other company thinks like that.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

CascadeBeta posted:

Has using social media ever translated to money for them? No other company thinks like that.

Let me tell you about a company called Impact Wrestling...

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Muddy Burphy posted:

Please tell me they blew up their booking to try to get money out of fake followers.

That was the implication.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

CascadeBeta posted:

There is no real money in social media and someday everyone will figure this out and the venture capitalists keeping it afloat will waste their money on something else

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

oatgan posted:

There is no real money in social media and someday everyone will figure this out and the venture capitalists keeping it afloat will waste their money on something else

It's hypothetically marketing gold (especially facebook), but at some point advertising products forever cannot pay for everything ever.

WWE doesn't want to run ads, they don't want people to watch their ads, they don't want them to watch on youtube or facebook, they want them to buy the network. If they can get tens or hundreds of thousands of new subs due to Jinder (they should probably put 1 or 2 of their Indian guys in the NXT system on the NXT show as well), then he'd probably be a success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

oatgan posted:

Social media metrics gave us Jinder Mahal instead of Baron Corbin, so I guess that's a minor net gain

• Locked thread