Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Mayor Glowku posted:

Not saying you are wrong, just a bit curious into some specific reasons. Like which posts.

I mean, he only had a couple posts before he checked out but they were all short low-impact statements that were technically reads but didn't really contribute anything or advance the discussion.

Somberbrero posted:

i believe that if krell hasn't scumclaimed maybe they are town here.

Somberbrero posted:

i don't know what to make of inf but a flavor case isn't necessarily my jam. i'd rather not vote them today.

Somberbrero posted:

Epsilon is pinging me hard.

Its D1 so its excusable but together I found them scummy. Since he just subbed out though I'll ##unvote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

##vote DB

Very low content, but this post stands out:

Dick Bastardly posted:

I don't think I buy it either.

Chimes in with some agreement about YPM but doesn't vote him and doesn't follow up.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Slamburger posted:

I mean, he only had a couple posts before he checked out but they were all short low-impact statements that were technically reads but didn't really contribute anything or advance the discussion.

Its D1 so its excusable but together I found them scummy. Since he just subbed out though I'll ##unvote

can't speak about somber but I will post a lot and still not contribute.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

E+ do you have any reads yet? You haven't posted of substance other than that you don't like Krell.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

Kashuno posted:

##vote Glowku placeholder until I read

##vote kashbaby as a principle. Also wtf is with the dead thread. Or we playing mafia or waiting in line at a mortuary

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Slamburger posted:

THAT'S fair I can understand where you are coming from, just not sure it's the right vote yet.

We need somewhere to go, deadline is tonight.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mayor Glowku posted:

##vote kashbaby as a principle. Also wtf is with the dead thread. Or we playing mafia or waiting in line at a mortuary

I at least tried for a bit, look how that went :v: people are prolly scared, knowing they got nothing good at all and any post they make will be hyper scrutinised and surely found scummy for being such a bad case or sounding forced or something

Prolly shouldn't complain though when the place is so dead I hardly got any votes either

That little case on DB sounds ok, would go him or SSV

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

I at least tried for a bit, look how that went :v: people are prolly scared, knowing they got nothing good at all and any post they make will be hyper scrutinised and surely found scummy for being such a bad case or sounding forced or something

Prolly shouldn't complain though when the place is so dead I hardly got any votes either

That little case on DB sounds ok, would go him or SSV

Just :justpost: loving :justpost: post

What's your case for ssv, right now all I've got is he seems dumb atm

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

I agree that SSV's posting is weird too, SSV can you elaborate on including YPM in your compound read? You hadn't mentioned him earlier and it wasn't apparent in context why he would be associated with those two. Your only previous YPM comment was defending him against Inf's (dumb) postcount argument.

Ref:

SirSamVimes posted:

I don't really buy the idea that YPM is scum just because he's the most active poster.

SirSamVimes posted:

Starting to feel like a Bif/York/YPM scumteam here.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:orb:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Inf, who is the least scum most town player in your opinion?

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Dick Bastardly posted:

Why are you asking for town reads instead of scum reads?

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

More important, why do you care what Inf thinks?

Seriously, I can hardly think of a more blatant way to inject bad content into a game than asking Inf for reads, let alone town reads which are generally unhelpful at this point in the game.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Inf is my friend you jerk!!!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
So let's run through the cases:

Inf on YPM: YPM posted the most in a low posting game. Since scum want to seem engaged but don't know the state of the game prior to day 1, someone who posts a lot during day 1 might be scum.

YT on YPM: YPM came under suspicion by both Hal and had a slapfight with Krell over some poo poo I don't really understand. They both die the next night.

Glowku on Kash: Not real

Kash on Glowku: Not real

Slamburger on DB: DB hasn't really posted stuff advancing the game and has been relatively quiet.

SSV on YT: YT assumed that YPM was more likely to be town after coming out as TM's partner. This seems suspicious as the instructions suggest you should be suspicious of your mason partner as they're unconfirmed.

Bif on SSV: SSV's vote on YT and subsequent thoughts about a scum team aren't consistent. SSV says he doesn't buy the YPM posting argument, but then turns on the idea that YPM is scum when YT defends YPM.

Honestly, the YPM case still has the most meat to it. Even if you don't buy Inf's posting argument, there's still my own idea that Hal and Krell died after fighting with him.

I also really don't like SSV, but I think I'm not reading it correctly because he voted for me.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Hey kash!

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Slamburger posted:

Why are you asking for town reads instead of scum reads?

Slamburger posted:

More important, why do you care what Inf thinks?

Seriously, I can hardly think of a more blatant way to inject bad content into a game than asking Inf for reads, let alone town reads which are generally unhelpful at this point in the game.

There's a method to the madness, just hold your dern horses.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dick Bastardly posted:

Why are you asking a player who has clearly been disinterested in the thread up until this point?

Why are you asking me, specifically, at this juncture?

Why are am I awake at 6:30am in the morning?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Infinitum posted:

Why are you asking a player who has clearly been disinterested in the thread up until this point?

Why are you asking me, specifically, at this juncture?

Why are am I awake at 6:30am in the morning?

I was gonna vote whoever you think is the towniest player as a joke. But that's actually bad and I don't want to do that anymore.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

That would have been a good joke but the time for jokes are over. Its deadline day and you haven't made a read/case or even a single vote. Who do you think are scum?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I like this post but weren't there some cases on me too, I mean they were crap but we should look at who was writing crap :v:

Oh except for Slamburger he seems cool now

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Slamburger posted:

I agree that SSV's posting is weird too, SSV can you elaborate on including YPM in your compound read? You hadn't mentioned him earlier and it wasn't apparent in context why he would be associated with those two. Your only previous YPM comment was defending him against Inf's (dumb) postcount argument.

Ref:

I thought the postcount case was dumb but the way York and Bif interacted with him came off as scum defending scum.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

##vote ypm

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

What's the reasoning for moving from bif to ypm? They're both scummy in your eyes, right?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

I like this post but weren't there some cases on me too, I mean they were crap but we should look at who was writing crap :v:

Oh except for Slamburger he seems cool now

I was just doing a quick assessment, I don't think you've got a current vote? So I didn't include the case since it's not currently standing.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Slamburger posted:

That would have been a good joke but the time for jokes are over. Its deadline day and you haven't made a read/case or even a single vote. Who do you think are scum?

Im getting a bad feeling about YPM, but I think maybe that is what I am supposed to be feeling because someone might be trying to frame YPM. Both N1 deados Krell and Hal had a tiff with YPM, which scum my have used to their advantage to try and make YPM look worse than he already does. So... Yorkshire might be pulling strings? I don't know. My case is bad and WIFOMY as gently caress I think so... I'm sorry.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

drowned in pussy juice posted:

What's the reasoning for moving from bif to ypm? They're both scummy in your eyes, right?

I believe he's moving off me, not bif.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

drowned in pussy juice posted:

A) He's much more likely to be lynched because there's more pressure on him.

B) The entire lynchpin of my suspicion is that YPM is scum being protected. The best way to test this theory is to flip him.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Having a theory whose litmus test is flipping a player doesn't seem pro town to me.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

SirSamVimes posted:

A) He's much more likely to be lynched because there's more pressure on him.

B) The entire lynchpin of my suspicion is that YPM is scum being protected. The best way to test this theory is to flip him.

I know we're only 8 hours to deadline. It I have some serious reservations about A) but I'm satisfied with B)

##vote bif

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Bif on SSV: SSV's vote on YT and subsequent thoughts about a scum team aren't consistent. SSV says he doesn't buy the YPM posting argument, but then turns on the idea that YPM is scum when YT defends YPM

I'd like to clarify this summary a bit: it wasn't SSV changing his mind that got my vote, it was this post:

SirSamVimes posted:

I really don't like the assumption that a town's mason partner is also town. That seems real off.

##vote York

If SSV thought you were scum for assuming a town mason's partner is also town, he must think you're trying to play oblivious townie too hard? Or maybe a scum trying to make a town partner think you're town?

But instead the way he worded the post sounded more like he was just trying to drum up a case on anyone the moment they sounded "weird" even if it's just a misunderstanding that's quickly corrected

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Harold Krell is such a cuck I'm glad scum killed him

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
##vote flamander

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

This is horseshit. You originally don't think YPM is scum but then you do a fairly sudden revert on that position. You advocate lunching YPM to ~test your theory~ and advocate YPM over Bifauxnen or Yorkshire Tea because YPM has the most ~pressure~ on him, but YPM hasn't managed to get more than two votes at once today. You're not going any harder on this because you're afraid of drawing attention to yourself. Your game so far has been incredibly limp-dicked and your flavor is that of the most rancid bootleg olive oil. ##vote SirSamVimes

I'd like to see Vimes die today but I could also be swayed towards Bifauxnen:

Bifauxnen posted:

Seems like a coincidence, since no one else died w Tired.

Not as rare of a coincidence as it might seem if you assume that anyone with a town vig would want to shoot Krell anyway :v:

My partner foolishly told me his flavor without me prompting and it leads me to believe that town players do have matching flavors. It's possible that the mod has provided fake flavor claims, but the wording on this post brushes aside me questioning player flavor and simply assumes one of the two was NKed and the other was vigged - which I think is definitely plausible but the way in which my line of questioning was dismissed leads me to think that Bifauxnen didn't want me looking further into the subject. before

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

My idiot hands fumbled on my beautiful laptop and I hit submit with my trackpad.

Before anyone asks, I do think it's possible that we could all be lovers without having been told - the OP specifically claims this is an experimental setup, and I could see a game in which scum pick one player to NK and get a second, potentially random player along for the ride. I think that would be kind of a crappy setup, but it could be interesting - you could have a two-player scum team and have the game almost have the duration of a 9-13 player game with 18 players.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Not voting ssv or dipj today

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Kashuno posted:

Not voting ssv or dipj today

it is nice to see you behaving rationally and considering all avenues; it's a shame that I'm a big dumb idiot because I'm sure your vote on flamander has some kind of basis, but alas I am just a drooling dunce. if only there were maybe some... words? in a post? justifying your vote on flamander?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Man come on I just joined

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

you could at least say "well flamander has three fuckin' posts might as well axe that doofus right quick"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

But we're not all lovers, only one death last night

• Locked thread