Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I have found a bad indie in Kentucky that unsurprisingly has ties with Beau James. Their latest recap show (~24 minutes long) features at least three hilariously bad cheap finishes for their heel champ. Southern rasslin'!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kus_ceHBt1o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I hope the 5 people there appreciated this death

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Chris James 2 posted:

I hope the 5 people there appreciated this death

took a career shortening bump and made $20. The indie idiot's story.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

That looks like Kerry Awful giving the move but there's not near enough tattoos so I can't tell for sure.

Kentucky is home to lots of dirt feds, but at least they all put up flyers!

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
At first I thought they were trying to do a Brainbustaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah and just missed, then I realized they were just loving idiots.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I'm the broken bottom rope.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

this is so much better than my mil mascaras prediction

https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/865357401213595648

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
When did Juvi start wearing a mask again

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

oatgan posted:

this is so much better than my mil mascaras prediction

https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/865357401213595648

I like Sami's gimmick of Sami Callihan, Lucha Killer

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Nova Pro Wrestling's at the Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia tomorrow night

https://twitter.com/VAWrestling/status/864635764549840896

Cutie and the Beast vs. The Carnies - Street Fight
Jimmy Rave vs. Sonjay Dutt
Fred Yehi vs. Jonathan Gresham
Jordynne Grace vs. Angelus Layne
Chip Day vs. Tim Donst
Sis vs. Veda Scott vs. Brittany Blake vs. Faye Jackson
The Sandwich Squad vs. Dominic Garrini and John Kermon

That's definitely one of their strongest cards.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
So what's the deal with Adam Cole? Is he supposed to be going to wwe or what?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

The_Rob posted:

So what's the deal with Adam Cole? Is he supposed to be going to wwe or what?

He is going to WWE. Notice he isn't taking bookings past June 10th.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

rovert posted:

Yeah I figured as much I'm just surprised there isn't more about it, but him getting kicked out of bullet club and saying bye to ROH, not to mention that tonight's PWG show is named after him and people are saying it's going to be his final PWG show and all that. Well good for him. He is a great talent and I think he can do really well in WWE.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Boco_T posted:

Nova Pro Wrestling's at the Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia tomorrow night

https://twitter.com/VAWrestling/status/864635764549840896

Cutie and the Beast vs. The Carnies - Street Fight
Jimmy Rave vs. Sonjay Dutt
Fred Yehi vs. Jonathan Gresham
Jordynne Grace vs. Angelus Layne
Chip Day vs. Tim Donst
Sis vs. Veda Scott vs. Brittany Blake vs. Faye Jackson
The Sandwich Squad vs. Dominic Garrini and John Kermon

That's definitely one of their strongest cards.

Show was good. Yehi vs. Gresham was excellent as expected. Grace/Layne was also very good.

The Street Fight was the main event and went almost 30 minutes. It was pretty good, but the finish was Beau Crockett turning on Innocent Isaiah and joining the Carnies, which nobody liked. Cutie and the Beast merch is one of the biggest movers at these shows and they just introduced a new shirt like 1-2 shows ago that plenty of people were wearing.

Something happened in the Rave/Dutt match, seemed like Dutt was not happy with Rave. He did his big splash at like 8 minutes and Jimmy kicked out, but then Dutt yelled "count it" and re-pinned him and the ref counted a super quick 3. Sonjay ran around the ring doing a few angry hand slaps then went to the back. Rave did not seem visibly injured and hadn't really gotten any high spots in, they were just doing early match stuff to that point.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

rovert posted:

Is that why Lio is only accepting promotional appearances and speaking engagements

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Any results/reports from last night's PWG? Didn't make it out to it last night.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sigmachiev posted:

Any results/reports from last night's PWG? Didn't make it out to it last night.

Keith Lee over Trevor Lee
Chosen Bros over reDRagon
Elgin over Shane Strickland
Sami Callihan over Adam Cole (great storytelling with the ending In CZW, Cole beat Callihan in Sami's last match there via small package. In Callihan's first stint in PWG, Cole won in Sami's last match there via small package. Here in Cole's last PWG match, Sami won via small package.)
Lio Rush over Mark Haskins
Lucha Bros retain over Young Bucks
ZSJ submits Trent?

Was also a bunch of trolling Orton going on, including an IEDDT

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
I heard Fenix got hurt?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Ishin posted:

I heard Fenix got hurt?

He did a dive to the outside and after the match he was still laying on the floor and they were talking to his m. He eventually got up and walked backstage. It looked like he might have gotten the wind knocked out of him or something.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Not gonna lie, I thought Pondo was dead.

I guess I'm happy he isn't (?)

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

his ex-fiance left him for the squat rack, NXT, and a much better wrestler

she's in a really good place now

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I thought Pondo and CZW had beef?

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I know nobody watched EVOLVE tonight but it was real good! watch it to see the big hard cam FloSlam sign fall down on a row of people

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

yehi/lee was excellent

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The Progress show in NYC is a double header with EVOLVE

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

oatgan posted:

yehi/lee was excellent

Are you going to BOLA this year? If things go as planned...

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Jubs posted:

Are you going to BOLA this year? If things go as planned...

all my friends decided to do destination weddings this summer so my travel budget is nonexistent this year

2018 i'm either doing BOLA or Summerslam weekend in NYC

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I'm up for BOLA if I can work with folks to get Tix. It's impossible for one person to get all 3 nights with their system so you need 2 (ideally 3) people getting Tix for different nights

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Jenkem Delivery posted:

It's impossible for one person to get all 3 nights with their system

amateur

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

will bola give me keith lee vs kushida

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

War Machine vs. the Unbreakable F'n Machines for PWG's Man on a Silver Mountain?

:getin:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i must conclude that oi4k was booked as a tag before dave got injured, but they were also just announced to face the bucks at roh

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

sportsgenius86 posted:

The Progress show in NYC is a double header with EVOLVE

It's run in a rec center gymnasium way the gently caress out in Queens so I guess they let Gabe pick the venue

this venue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Tn-zWjxNrs

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Jenkem Delivery posted:

War Machine vs. the Unbreakable F'n Machines for PWG's Man on a Silver Mountain?

:getin:

I really feel they are honestly trying to break their new ring at this point. The thing is already pretty janky as it is.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
War Machine/Unbreakable Fuckin' Machines was a match that absolutely needed to get booked, so good on Dragon for making the obvious choice. reDRagon/LDRS should be great as well, I'm never going to complain about O'Reilly and Sabre being in the ring together because imo Kyle really brings out the best in Zack (like he does with a lot of people).

Here's my maybe-controversial opinion: Lio Rush should win BOLA and then the belt this year. He's coming off two wins now after beating Haskins, and the crowd likes him. If he wins the match with Lee (who's still in the new guy jobbing phase) and then again in July, I think he'll have enough credibility to make a dark horse run through the tournament. He doesn't have any Japanese commitments that would get booking priority yet, he's already out of ROH so there's no danger of that relationship going sour again, and he's young (and small) enough that WWE probably won't come sniffing around him any time soon. Give him the Speedball run that those motherfuckers in immigration denied us.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Grozz Nuy posted:

War Machine/Unbreakable Fuckin' Machines was a match that absolutely needed to get booked, so good on Dragon for making the obvious choice. reDRagon/LDRS should be great as well, I'm never going to complain about O'Reilly and Sabre being in the ring together because imo Kyle really brings out the best in Zack (like he does with a lot of people).

Here's my maybe-controversial opinion: Lio Rush should win BOLA and then the belt this year. He's coming off two wins now after beating Haskins, and the crowd likes him. If he wins the match with Lee (who's still in the new guy jobbing phase) and then again in July, I think he'll have enough credibility to make a dark horse run through the tournament. He doesn't have any Japanese commitments that would get booking priority yet, he's already out of ROH so there's no danger of that relationship going sour again, and he's young (and small) enough that WWE probably won't come sniffing around him any time soon. Give him the Speedball run that those motherfuckers in immigration denied us.

I like this idea a lot. Also Haskins does nothing for me. The match was fine but Haskins made no impact on me at all.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I wasn't there last week, I was busy getting ready to move. I liked Haskins' matches at BOLA quite a bit though, he got the best singles match out of Marty in ages imo.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Grozz Nuy posted:

I wasn't there last week, I was busy getting ready to move. I liked Haskins' matches at BOLA quite a bit though, he got the best singles match out of Marty in ages imo.

Yeah again he wasn't bad, he had a few good spots but Lio is just someone to watch and is so good right now, and Haskins just didn't click with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Super No Vacancy posted:

i must conclude that oi4k was booked as a tag before dave got injured, but they were also just announced to face the bucks at roh
Irish Airborne are one of the weirdest success stories for me because I would always see them in no name indies in WV all the time. It'd be like if Facade or Jason Kincaid became king of the indies.