Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
I was going to say. Regina doesn't look like they've been super confident throughout the playoffs. I think Seattle has this.

-e- That being said, the shots were 39 - 37 Seattle however Regina got 22 of there shots in the 3rd. But it also looks like the 3rd is when they fell apart.

Stretch Marx fucked around with this message at 11:39 on May 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Stretch Marx posted:

Zboril is real good. He plays mostly with Chabot so his play might be inflated because of it, but from what I've seen he's another prototypical puck-moving defenceman. He's a cannon who can actually hit the net as well. Defensively, again, he might be being floated a bit by Chabot but the two of them are really good at taking the man without taking penalties. That was something I really noticed from the games I watched; both of them can tie up two or three forwards with just stick work. They poke check everyone and very quickly get to a forward. I don't think he's a number one defenceman but he's definitely in the top two pairings guaranteed.

Thank you for responding

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Thank you for responding

No problem. Happy to help.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Hockles posted:

The AHL realigned (again), but no major changes from what I can tell.

Also, they switched around the formatting of the regular season. From what I can see from the Monsters' format, they aren't playing teams 12 times anymore, and get to face the California teams now. However, they are going old-school MLB style and not playing any games outside of their conference.

The Checkers are finally not screwed for travel since they moved from the West to the East now. Makes sense too, I think they had the worst travel schedule of any team in the league.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

:siren: HELL YEAH EVAN RANKIN :siren:

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

I just realised Rockfrod is now the only team in the North that wasn't part of the IHL. gently caress it, move them to Indianapolis, rename them the Indianapolis Ice, and let's get the loving band back together!

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Stretch Marx posted:

Bourque isn't on Chabot/Zboril's level but he's still another good puck mover. He likes to pinch and is one of the better defencemen at doing so. Defensively he's average. Kind of reminds me of Gardiner in that he can skate around people and wire a shot but might make a mental mistake every so often. But that's mostly because he's so aggressive on the fore check. Bourque likes to run over other defencemen.

I hope he pans out considering this is his last year in junior. Markov is old, Emelin is bad, Beaulieu was probably ruined by Therrien et al and maaaaybe getting traded this offseason...

The Habs' D is starting to look dire in the next 3 years because I have no confidence in Bergevin developing Sergachev and Juulsen well. :smithicide:

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Seattle beat Regina in OT to win the WHL championship. So the Memorial Cup teams are Seattle, Erie, Saint John and Windsor.

Hoekie
Apr 22, 2010
Congrats Seattle on 1st WHL title.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Holy.
loving.
poo poo.
Seattle.
Tbirds.

down 1-3 with, what, 6½ minutes left to play? Score two, go into OT, Alexander True gets the winner and they be champs :woop::toot: at least hockey isn't ALL bad this year! Gonna miss this team but hooray on the first WHL title! :siren::toot::moreemojis:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

grats duke :cheers:

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Now the real fun begins...

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

As a Portlander it's tough seeing Seattle finally win something but I was guessing they looked pretty strong at the beginning of the year.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

As was rumoured for a while, Vegas has signed an afilliation agreement with the Chicago Wolves. The Blues will still send their players to Chicago, but won't have any input on development.

Good job, St. Louis. :bravo:

Infidel Castro fucked around with this message at 16:42 on May 17, 2017

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Infidel Castro posted:

As was rumoured for a while, Vegas has signed an afilliation agreement with the Chicago Wolves.

Seeing how there will only be 30 AHL teams next year, I wonder what the plan is for St. Louis since I'm pretty sure their agreement with Chicago expired.

Sounds like they're getting an expansion team

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

DJExile posted:

Sounds like they're getting an expansion team

It won't be until 2018-19 at the earliest.

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

Albany no longer has a team..... and I recently moved there.....

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
The Memorial Cup begins. Sea Dogs vs. Spitfires for the opening. Go SJ! :toot:

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Wow boys. Way to make me look like an idiot. =/

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

as is tradition, toledo loses in the conference finals again

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

DJExile posted:

as is tradition, toledo loses in the conference finals again

:rip:

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Spits and Otters win the first two games of the Memmer, proving once again that the O is the superior league.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I am so sorry Stretch. :smith:

Erie has the Memorial Cup record with 12 goals and Strome has the points record at 7.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Windsor crushed Seattle 7-0, and then Erie followed it up by blowing out Saint John 12-5. Yikes.

Have to imagine it'll be a Windsor/Erie final unless whoever wins the Seattle/Saint John game tomorrow pulls off an upset.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

ThinkTank posted:

I am so sorry Stretch. :smith:

Erie has the Memorial Cup record with 12 goals and Strome has the points record at 7.

Yeah I had to turn it off after it went 4 - 2 and started watching the Preds game because I didn't want to get mad at hockey again. Just don't know what to say about that.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Whooooooooooooo boy Seattle just pretty much poo poo themselves in the mem cup and this last game especially. :smith: They're done done done.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Seattle Thunderbirds
0 wins, 3 losses
3 goals for, 18 goals against

:rip:

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Duke Chin posted:

Whooooooooooooo boy Seattle just pretty much poo poo themselves in the mem cup and this last game especially. :smith: They're done done done.

:smith: I'm really sorry, Duke.

But this is what I'm use to seeing. I think they can beat Windsor but I'm not sure about Erie.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Jeremiah Addison got a hatty and Mikhail Sergachev got a goal too for Windsor tonight! :toot:

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
So, uh, I don't think SJ is beating Erie tomorrow.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Stretch Marx posted:

:smith: I'm really sorry, Duke.

But this is what I'm use to seeing. I think they can beat Windsor but I'm not sure about Erie.

I was more stoked about/on the whl championship anyway. That would just been icing on the cake but their 17 year old goalie picked a bad time to go cold and the tbirds weren't really set to play against the rest of the chl. Womp womp :shrug:

I'll still 100% take the outcome of this season :dance:

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Oh Jesus. Please try guys.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Joe Veleno is the hero we deserve.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
p-bruins ain't doing so hot. I only care/don't care cause there's no other hockey on for me. :sigh:

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Stretch Marx posted:

So, uh, I don't think SJ is beating Erie tomorrow.

At least it was a lot closer than the 12-5 beat down.

Erie/Windsor final. 3rd year in a row an OHL team will win the Memorial Cup. Go McDavid's old team. :toot:

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Kilza posted:

At least it was a lot closer than the 12-5 beat down.

Erie/Windsor final. 3rd year in a row an OHL team will win the Memorial Cup. Go McDavid's old team. :toot:

Yeah. I can sort of understand how Caps fans must feel except the part where we succeeded a bunch.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Yo that was totally a kick

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Windsor defeats Erie 4-3 to win the Memorial Cup. Oh well.

e: Holy poo poo, Erie's back-up starting goalie threw his stick at the camera as it was going by. That's pretty hilarious.

Kilza fucked around with this message at 02:59 on May 29, 2017

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Ah yes, the beautiful sight of a team eliminated in the first round of the playoffs winning the Memorial Cup. Truly they are the best team in the CHL this year.

What a silly tournament.

Also the Canucks' prospect narrative has begun and apparently recent CHL UFA signing Jalen Chatfield who played a shutdown role with Windsor this year just might be good enough to make the NHL next year. Wow! He's the next Cole Cassels after a performance like that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Kilza posted:

Windsor defeats Erie 4-3 to win the Memorial Cup. Oh well.

e: Holy poo poo, Erie's back-up starting goalie threw his stick at the camera as it was going by. That's pretty hilarious.
throw is at 1:03

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpG6qsxarb0

• Locked thread