Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McPhearson
Aug 4, 2007

Hot Damn!

its all nice on rice posted:

I've come across several cold stones around Portland. They also don't sing anymore!

The ones out here in San Diego still sing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

monster on a stick posted:

they must have a lot less overhead since you put everything together yourself.

I doubt it's much different. If you're going to have someone there to run the cash, they can spend a minute chopping some ice cream.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
One of the few marine fish shops in Phoenix is closing its doors. Not surprising, Aquatouch used to be insanely great with freshwater, and salt, and awesome planted tanks. Then the main freshwater guy quit, almost all their rare plants died before a new guy came on, and quit, then another, and another, and it's been a rotating door. The owners give the reason they are retiring, but the word is more that they're closing up due to poo poo sales, which is because of the poo poo customer service and the lack of good stock.

I've seen a few Walmarts with Subways in them. Only one with a Burger King.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.
I eat a mcrib once in a long while when I crave bad decisions

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Cowslips Warren posted:

One of the few marine fish shops in Phoenix is closing its doors.

Cowslips Warren posted:

marine fish shops in Phoenix

I think I found the problem.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Burt Sexual posted:

People here are REALLY into their fast food. I've learned something today.

Don't food-shame me. :ohdear:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Kinda wanna see this salty pepperoni bolognese sauce.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

mcrib is basically a large pork mcnugget both in look and how it's made

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Ground pork shaped into a rib-like form with overly sweet sauce on a flaccid bun is not a nightmare, just mediocre. At least it comes with pickles and raw onions for some taste and texture contrast, something most McDonald's food is missing.

Ah Christ, did I really wrote that? No wonder I broke 200 lbs again.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Remulak posted:

Ground pork shaped into a rib-like form with overly sweet sauce on a flaccid bun is not a nightmare, just mediocre. At least it comes with pickles and raw onions for some taste and texture contrast, something most McDonald's food is missing.

Ah Christ, did I really wrote that? No wonder I broke 200 lbs again.

McDonalds review: 4/5

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

my mom said they got mcdonalds for dinner on friday (I'm assuming filet o fish cos they have fish on fridays...) and she 'didn't recover from it' until yesterday.

???????? she always complains about fast food and how sick it makes her or something but lol just lol sorry mom

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice

Cowslips Warren posted:

One of the few marine fish shops in Phoenix is closing its doors. Not surprising, Aquatouch used to be insanely great with freshwater, and salt, and awesome planted tanks. Then the main freshwater guy quit, almost all their rare plants died before a new guy came on, and quit, then another, and another, and it's been a rotating door. The owners give the reason they are retiring, but the word is more that they're closing up due to poo poo sales, which is because of the poo poo customer service and the lack of good stock.

I don't know any people with the cash to maintain a tropical fish setup. Especially saltwater. I'm amazed there's a market for it at all. This place is near me https://g.co/kgs/sI6Tqg . They've got an amazing selection of equipment and sea creatures that I can't imagine anyone having the money to maintain. Not even considering the initial investment in the tank and filters, some of the fish are just ridiculously expensive. I realize most people that own them can afford the cost of having someone clean and maintain them. I still can't imagine the costs involved though.

If I were a wealthy man, bet your rear end I'd have a bad rear end saltwater rig. I'll make due with my two goldfish for now.

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
Remember the movie jungle 2 jungle where the one uptight dude had a tropical fish tank and the main character caught all the fish and cooked and ate them and it's supposed to be funny that uptight dude is sad about this fish? I bet we wouldn't be laughing if he cooked the dudes cat instead would we!

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

A Pinball Wizard posted:

Remember the movie jungle 2 jungle where the one uptight dude had a tropical fish tank and the main character caught all the fish and cooked and ate them and it's supposed to be funny that uptight dude is sad about this fish? I bet we wouldn't be laughing if he cooked the dudes cat instead would we!

No one remembers the movie Jungle 2 Jungle, Tim.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

A Pinball Wizard posted:

Didn't that have Tim Allen? A dude who belongs in this thread due to his show getting axed.

Mostly funny because conservatives are pissed.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Tim has a show?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Tim has a show?

I don't think so, Tim

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
He got a show where he was a Christian libertarian anti-millennial blogger. It was well rated but it got cancelled. Some conservatives claim it was because he was Christian. I suspect he was being a dick to the wrong people. And I don't mean demographics.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I don't think so, Tim

Hi-di-ho good neighbor.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Tim has a show?

not anymore

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

RandomPauI posted:

He got a show where he was a Christian libertarian anti-millennial blogger. It was well rated but it got cancelled. Some conservatives claim it was because he was Christian. I suspect he was being a dick to the wrong people. And I don't mean demographics.

Being conservative in Hollywood is just like being Anne Frank let him tell you

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

RandomPauI posted:

It was pretty decent but ABC has way better sitcoms in way better timeslots. The cast took turns dunking on the main character.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I don't think so, Tim

*sad grunt*

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

RandomPauI posted:

It was more that it was just OK ratings wise, Tim Allen is a dick, he demands a higher salary, and no one wants to advertise on super political shows.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Being conservative in Hollywood is just like being Anne Frank let him tell you

"She's in the attic!"

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Cowslips Warren posted:

One WalMart near me has a McDonad's right next to the nail salon. You can't tell that some dust from grinding down toe nails isn't drifting into the fryers.

Well OK, maybe not but you get the idea.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Bonzo posted:

One WalMart near me has a McDonad's right next to the nail salon. You can't tell that some dust from grinding down toe nails isn't drifting into the fryers.

Well OK, maybe not but you get the idea.

McToenaild's

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

sweeperbravo posted:

McToenaild's

Lmfao

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Solice Kirsk posted:

Kinda wanna see this salty pepperoni bolognese sauce.

Pepperami =/= pepperoni

A pepperami is more like a Slim Jim I think (i'm not American)

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Radio Shack is just tweeting pictures of its empty stores now

Mercury Ballistic
Nov 14, 2005

not gun related
This guy thinks Uber should be here.
https://www.businessinsider.com.au/...SrxZ6eErLPkL.99

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Dang kinda want to get one of those radio shack parts bins

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Bargain bin prices on all bargain bins!

EDIT: Act now, our shelves are flying off the shelves!

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

blugu64 posted:

Dang kinda want to get one of those radio shack parts bins

Dude if I had like 8' of that slat-wall system, my entire life would be more organized.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Radio Shack had to go bankrupt in order to find their​ one true saviour product line :aaa:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Against all odds, there's still a Radio Shack right near a subway station that my parents live near. I'll have to check and see if they've got any clearance deals.

Also, crosspost from GBS: they're making executives sell random crap lying around their offices.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I'm the Reynoldsburg, OH store.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

bongwizzard posted:

Dude if I had like 8' of that slat-wall system, my entire life would be more organized.

Find a dying mall by you and loot one of the closed shops. Stores will just leave that stuff there for the next owners to clean out since it's usually never in good enough condition to dismantle and reuse at a retail level, but would work and look fine if you painted it.

edit:
Or email RadioSHack and see if they'll let you buy some of it for like $20.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

RandomPauI posted:

It was cancelled for financial reasons. The actors were going to get a pay bump and it wouldn't of been profitable with the current ratings so they booted it. Conservative idiots don't understand economics and think it was because he is pro trump. Roseanne is getting rebooted on the same channel and is also pro trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

snergle posted:

It was cancelled for financial reasons. The actors were going to get a pay bump and it wouldn't of been profitable with the current ratings so they booted it. Conservative idiots don't understand economics and think it was because he is pro trump. Roseanne is getting rebooted on the same channel and is also pro trump.
Wasn't it also because ABC wasn't making enough money off of syndication to offset the costs?