Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Raenir Salazar posted:

Presumably I'll wait until a rate up with a Servant I want. Probably everyone's #1 favorite queen edgelord, Jeanne Alter.

j/k I'm not getting the english version

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Is there a reason why Jeanne Alter is so popular on the Chinese server, I've yet to actually know why.

Lol at Jack being higher than Mordred

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Jeanne Alter is one of the best poo poo-kickers around, massive attack stat and deals with annoying Rulers without being weak to everything like Berserkers are. Full buster chain with her NP and two critted up buster cards does like 300k damage in a single turn. Brave chain w/o crits or attack buffs and leading with buster does 30k damage.

Also she's extremely cute.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Compendium posted:

Is there a reason why Jeanne Alter is so popular on the Chinese server, I've yet to actually know why.

Lol at Jack being higher than Mordred

she's one of the best servants in the game, the evil version of one of the big fate waifus, is tsundere, and voiced by maaya sakamoto

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Some of those points apparently don't count for much.

Poor normal Jeanne.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Maybe if normal Jeanne could hit harder than a wet noodle.

Also she also has a husbando who is on the lower end of the Fates popularity spectrum.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
All Jeannes are good Jeannes.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Sylphid posted:

All Jeannes are good Jeannes.

This. Also all Seig's are bad Seigs.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Tribladeofchaos posted:

This. Also all Seig's are bad Seigs.

I like this one (he technically sort-of counts)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5uAX0pyD_I

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
9million downloads event brings goodies and another chance at Ishtar.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Reroll is much easier now with a free 10 roll at the start. Hopefully none of the long registration junk. :ghost:

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Schubalts posted:

9million downloads event brings goodies and another chance at Ishtar.

Gah, I was gonna save up for an Artoria rate-up, but I really want Gorgon. I just hope I don't end up with a million Medusas / Jaguarmen / Euryales / Medusa Lilys.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Sylphid posted:

Gah, I was gonna save up for an Artoria rate-up, but I really want Gorgon. I just hope I don't end up with a million Medusas / Jaguarmen / Euryales / Medusa Lilys.

:twisted:

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Actually, it'll be all Shinji Dolls, all the time. Which may, in the grand scheme of the cosmos, increase my karma. Hard to say what I'd prefer.

Sure, Shinji would be the start of 1,000 years of gacha darkness, but when I'm past that, I'll be pulling 5-stars with every roll, count on it.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Ishtar, Medusa Lily, and Gorgon are all highly tempting. Still, I've waited this long, I can wait a little longer to see if Semiramis comes along.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Captain Baal posted:

she's one of the best servants in the game, the evil version of one of the big fate waifus, is tsundere, and voiced by maaya sakamoto

I guess I personally don't get the most use out of her although character wise I can relate to her wanting her own harem

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

From my experience rushing through Camelot and Babylon, JAlter's pretty much an all-around good heavy hitter. Sure, there's barely anyone that's weak to her but the reverse is true too. She's a safer bet than a lot of berserkers.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Well I got BB, but doesn't look like I'm likely to get all her NP level ups. She'd probably just end up as a box cheerleader anyways, like most of my cards.

Beat Kiara with a front line team of Nightingale, Shielder, and support Waver, which lasted all the way until I broke her second gauge and she immediately hit me with a powered up NP that wiped everyone through like 4 defense buffs. Popped a command seal to immediately use Jeanne Alter's NP for a full chain that took out about 220k of her remaining 300k HP and then quickly burned her down the rest of the way.

Tarezax fucked around with this message at 04:48 on May 24, 2017

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
I think you might want to look at her NP again.

Unless you mean that you can't fully ascend her.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Compendium posted:

I guess I personally don't get the most use out of her although character wise I can relate to her wanting her own harem

Burning people alive and cursing an unseen god is basically foreplay for Jalter.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

InfinityComplex posted:

I think you might want to look at her NP again.

Unless you mean that you can't fully ascend her.

I can't beat BB/GO for the final copy of BB, is the issue. Unless I spend some money on quartz.

EDIT: Actually, I can clear some random early mission for quartz... time to hurry.

EDIT2: I definitely won't be able to get the ascension mats, though.

Tarezax fucked around with this message at 07:49 on May 24, 2017

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Sylphid posted:

Burning people alive and cursing an unseen god is basically foreplay for Jalter.

She was cute in her gown during Shinjuku and I'm glad she got the last dance

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
New Jeanne strengthening removes the self-stun from her NP and has a cleanse as well, she is no longer complete rear end, but she still needs some fixing of her skills. As it stands though she's gonna be p good if you wanna stick her with Merlin and make it even more impossible for you to die.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 10:32 on May 24, 2017

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Trihugger posted:

Between this time and the last Ishtar limited gacha I'm up to 825 gems and 48 tickets spent. Still no Rin. Gotta start saving up for the next time she shows up. Also gently caress gacha games.

945 gems and 89 tickets now. I used some gems during Valentines and the CCC event. I actually didn't think Ishtar would show up again until New Years so this was a good way of using all my gems so I wouldn't be tempted to pull on a different banner. Time to grind for another 6 months. And still gently caress gacha games.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

For the other interludes:

Zerker!Vlad:

Shapeshifting (24% defense for 3 turns) changed to Legend of Dracula. 30% attack/defense increase for 3 turns.

Brynhildr:

Increased damage fron Brynhildr's beloved trait on NP.

Helena:

Damage increase on NP.

Vlad and Jeanne are definitely the big winners here.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also, someone datamined the f/go website or something and apparently these are the strengthening quests:

Billy
Sanson
Siegfried
Astolfo
Serenity
Boudica
Medb

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah that stun removal + debuff clear easily shoots Jeanne up hugely utilitywise. Debuff clear is something Merlin -can't- provide.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I sure hope they release EN soonish, Dokkan Battle can't satisfy my gacha itch

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
I finally decided to use the quartz I've been saving up. It only took me 390 quartz and a couple of summoning tickets to get Ishtar.

:smithicide:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Oh boy will Siegfried and Astoflo no longer be bad?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
My jalter is finally effectively 20000 atk with the maxed muscle CE. :black101:

Edit: 22122.32 effective atk!

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 13:28 on May 24, 2017

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Wasn't expecting Helena to get an interlude, apparently that NP improvement allows her to ignore defense. I would prefer buff removal but eh.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Captain Baal posted:

New Jeanne strengthening removes the self-stun from her NP and has a cleanse as well, she is no longer complete rear end, but she still needs some fixing of her skills. As it stands though she's gonna be p good if you wanna stick her with Merlin and make it even more impossible for you to die.

Nice! Merlin and Jeanne are two of my three 5-stars!

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
Well, I decided to do a random 10-roll looking for Gorgon and ended up getting Ishtar instead. I... sure, okay, I shouldn't have been spending my already limited quartz anyways but I'll take that. :v:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Do I roll for Rin?
++Rin face/voice.
-AoE Archer when I already have EMIYA and Atalanta.
+Might get Medusa Lily.
-Already have Lancer Kiyohime, Lancer Tama, and Scathach.
+Might get Avenger Gorgon (Useful?)
-Aren't many situations I would use her...
-Might get Mayan Sun Goddess Rider and I don't need more 5* riders.
-Might not have Quartz for Semiramis.

I have enough quartz and summoning tickets that I feel like getting Ishtar is certainly plausible but ergh...

e: My conundrum in the moment is that I have about 300 quartz and 42 (perhaps a sign?) summon tickets; so I am extremely reluctant to spend quartz I so carefully husbanded together as though it were some sort of dragon's hoard of gold and riches. I think I'm going to hold off and see what the rumoured Apocrypha event brings.

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 16:18 on May 24, 2017

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Ishtar provides a better charisma buff (atk+crit damage), self np charge + invincibility, and a single turn attack steroid that ramps up her damage output. If you want a damage dealing aoe archer, Rin is the way to go in this gacha.

edit: Looking on the wiki, she also increases her buster damageon NP activation, adding even more to her damage. So again, if you want a damage dealing archer she's up for grabs.

InfinityComplex fucked around with this message at 16:29 on May 24, 2017

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

InfinityComplex posted:

Ishtar provides a better charisma buff (atk+crit damage), self np charge + invincibility, and a single turn attack steroid that ramps up her damage output. If you want a damage dealing aoe archer, Rin is the way to go in this gacha.

edit: Looking on the wiki, she also increases her buster damageon NP activation, adding even more to her damage. So again, if you want a damage dealing archer she's up for grabs.

My logic is more avoiding being greedy and holding off until a Servant comes up in the gacha that better arguably fills a hole that I've still yet to fill; versus filling a role better than what I already have that does so in a so-so manner.

But Rinshtar being genuinely a good Servant does make this tempting.

e: Both my main assassins are FTP 4*'s, Assassin Scathach and Assassin Shiki. While I do have Assassin Emiya and Carmilla, they arrived for me after the former two were already leveled. And I had Stheno since basically the beginning. Shiki seems generally good but the Assassin class is basically the class other than Archer I'm missing a 5* in; but for whatever reason Kuro feels like a 5* so the need doesn't feel as pressing whereas my Assassins feel like they struggle with level 80-95 boss content.

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 16:40 on May 24, 2017

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Rin Ishtar's crits are unreal sometimes.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

After bringing Angra to lvl 90 and Robin to lvl 85, I have 7 Grails left. Obviously, I'm going to bring Robin to 90, but that still leaves me with 6. I could bring three 4-stars to level 90, or on 3-Star and one 4-Star, or...

Lots of choices there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Wow, changing that Vlad!Zerker skill to 30% attack/defense for three turns is kinda a big deal. That seems like a big buff for 3 turns.