Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

no1car

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Why is he so mad about this?

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

DicktheCat posted:

he's really upset that flying cars don't exist and he's trying to convince himself

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DontMockMySmock posted:

Why do people always talk about the future having flying cars? I'm sick of this poo poo. Are you an idiot? Flying cars have been around for 100 years. They're called "airplanes". And "helicopters". Maybe you've heard of them??

But those look different to cars, you say? Well maybe it's loving natural that machines which push against the ground and machines which push against the air would have different designs to solve such different problems. If you were to invent a "flying car" (and it's been done before) you'd just be making an airplane/helicopter that artificially and inefficiently resembles a car for no good reason.

But not everyone can own a plane, like people own cars? Well that's because cars will always, ALWAYS be more efficient than aircraft for short distances. There's no reason to spend so much energy not touching the ground. No matter how cheap "flying cars" could get in your weird imagined future, cars will be cheaper for the average person. So there is no realistic future where the Jetsons becomes reality.

sir this is a mcdonald's drive thru

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

DicktheCat posted:

I dunno it just bothers me. And I'm bored at work so what else should I do besides rant about inane poo poo on a dying, old comedy forum?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

DontMockMySmock posted:

I dunno it just bothers me. And I'm bored at work so what else should I do besides rant about inane poo poo on a dying, old comedy forum?

That's totally normal and not weird dude hahaha *reaches under desk and slams silent alarm*

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The Robinson 22 helicopter was supposed to cost 22 thousand bucks and be the every man's flying car.

But then they realized that there's no competition for sub million dollar helicopters so they set the price at $400k instead and got rich.

They use gasoline so they can be considered cars.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

DontMockMySmock posted:

maybe you should get a job at the flying car factory

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

RagnarokAngel posted:

That's totally normal and not weird dude hahaha *reaches under desk and slams silent alarm*

Hmm, that's two alarms in one day. Willie, remove all the colored chalk from the classrooms.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

DontMockMySmock posted:

Why do people always talk about the future having flying cars? I'm sick of this poo poo. Are you an idiot? Flying cars have been around for 100 years. They're called "airplanes". And "helicopters". Maybe you've heard of them??

But those look different to cars, you say? Well maybe it's loving natural that machines which push against the ground and machines which push against the air would have different designs to solve such different problems. If you were to invent a "flying car" (and it's been done before) you'd just be making an airplane/helicopter that artificially and inefficiently resembles a car for no good reason.

But not everyone can own a plane, like people own cars? Well that's because cars will always, ALWAYS be more efficient than aircraft for short distances. There's no reason to spend so much energy not touching the ground. No matter how cheap "flying cars" could get in your weird imagined future, cars will be cheaper for the average person. So there is no realistic future where the Jetsons becomes reality.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

i actually saw part of that movie last night

i had no idea what the movie was but i was rackin' my brain trying to figure out why i didn't, when obviously as familiar as the protagonist looked i must have seen it.

turns out the answer is memes

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
We're getting there though!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soxxPyaAT1k

All you need is a violent disdain for legs

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Trebuchet King posted:

i actually saw part of that movie last night

i had no idea what the movie was but i was rackin' my brain trying to figure out why i didn't, when obviously as familiar as the protagonist looked i must have seen it.

turns out the answer is memes

Jeremiah Johnson is a good movie

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

oldpainless posted:

Jeremiah Johnson is a good movie

Even if he wasn't a bullfrog

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Azhais posted:

Even if he wasn't a bullfrog

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

These were the cold ones...

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

How am I supposed to feed a family without a home, you stupid toaster

OK Some Butt Stuff
Jun 9, 2002

whiteyfats posted:

sir this is a mcdonald's drive thru

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That's my favorite board meme for some reason.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

whiteyfats posted:

That's my favorite board meme for some reason.

its a brutal own on someone getting really worked up over something retarded

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

its a brutal own on someone getting really worked up over something retarded

It's not even that, I just find it amusing. (Note: I am easily amused)

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

But are flying cars a kind of sandwich?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Please don't doxx Jerry Cotton.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
I've never really thought about this before but it's sort of remarkable that the horseless carriage and the flying machine were basically invented at the same time

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Trabant posted:

Please don't doxx Jerry Cotton.

I'm not at the gate yet?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
Here come dat fad

Oh poo poo, pick it up

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

I've never really thought about this before but it's sort of remarkable that the horseless carriage and the flying machine were basically invented at the same time

1769 and 1903? :thunk:

Caufman
May 7, 2007

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

The internal combustion engine was quite the thing.

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Okay, I believe you.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
((( )))

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

DontMockMySmock posted:

Nice meltdown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

gently caress!
It got me.