Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Also you are being kind of a dick which seems out of character for you and a break from how you've been playing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Bifauxnen posted:

DB was one of the few people being cased yesterday and a potential mislynch candidate. DB would've also been freely executable today. This makes it a doubly mind-boggling choice for scum to nightkill.

UNLESS someone sold out his dangerous status as a tracker.

##vote SSV

Uh, I knew he was a tracker from the game's beginning. We had to mutually agree on track targets. If I was deliberately taking out the tracker, it could have been done N1

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Also, why would I (were I scum) want to kill off a tracker when I always know who he's going to track? All I'd have to do is report to the scumteam who we're tracking and someone else can do the NK

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

tpink posted:

Not out himself to whom? I feel like I'm not totally getting these posts.

Sorry, to recap.

Bifaux has a fun case on SSV which is this:

SSV and DB were on the same mason doc. (By SSV's admission today) Since DB was up for free lynch, scum killing him doesn't make sense. So logically then scum might have been scared of his power.

A plausible way for scum to know that DB was a tracker is if SSV is a scum player who told the scum team about DB's power, leading to the murder last night. Since SSV says he is "Now" a vanilla town player, it means that he did know about DB's power before last night.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Your Personal Muse posted:

Also you are being kind of a dick which seems out of character for you and a break from how you've been playing

I get annoyed when somebody makes up a case for me for no reason. That happened one of the most recent games I played, I ended up getting lynched as town, and the player pushing me was scum, go figure. So that might be coloring my experience here.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

SirSamVimes posted:

Also, why would I (were I scum) want to kill off a tracker when I always know who he's going to track? All I'd have to do is report to the scumteam who we're tracking and someone else can do the NK

This is only plausible if you're not lying here:

SirSamVimes posted:

Uh, I knew he was a tracker from the game's beginning. We had to mutually agree on track targets. If I was deliberately taking out the tracker, it could have been done N1

since logically DB could disclose that he was a tracker, but not disclose track targets if this isn't true.

In which case I'd ask who you tracked N1 and what did they do?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SirSamVimes posted:

I did wonder that too. But he wasn't killed N1, was he? Also scum could be doing other suspicious things besides nightkills. Maybe he wanted to track someone inconvenient, and it was time to pull the plug rather than have you tip your hand in arguing against it.

Also the longer he lives and the smaller the player pool gets, the harder it might be to kill him off without being blocked or doc'ed or watched or what have you.

The main thing that gets me though, is that if scum wanted him dead for whatever reason, even if they didn't know he was the tracker, they'd have had a real easy time of it during the day instead. He'd barely posted, he was already listed as freely executable, and there were people already saying they wanted to vote him. Why was it so important to jump the gun and NK him instead?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Yorkshire Tea posted:

This is only plausible if you're not lying here:

since logically DB could disclose that he was a tracker, but not disclose track targets if this isn't true.

In which case I'd ask who you tracked N1 and what did they do?

drowned in pussy juice went nowhere night 1

you visited bif night 2

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

given that DB died in the night, he had no way to disclose to me that information therefore it had to have been given to both of us

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SirSamVimes posted:

drowned in pussy juice went nowhere night 1

you visited bif night 2

Interesting!

Is this true, YT? Prolly don't say what you did, though

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

Interesting!

Is this true, YT? Prolly don't say what you did, though

Yes. I can prove it and my role if need be. (But I don't want to).

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yorkshire Tea posted:

yeah no worries, just wanted to make sure SSV's info was legit

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Nah, don't out yourself.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

well whatever he did didn't kill me obviously, so that blows the "abort abort kill the tracker NOW NOW NOW" theory out of the water.

...unless he was roleblocking me or something and they didn't want that to get outed either

still though

##unvote

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

well whatever he did didn't kill me obviously, so that blows the "abort abort kill the tracker NOW NOW NOW" theory out of the water.

...unless he was roleblocking me or something and they didn't want that to get outed either

still though

##unvote

Def wasn't roleblocking you.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:
Good morning friends. Some hot takes so far, not sure which side to be on so I've gotta think about it. SSVS argument does make sense at least.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

I'd like to see flam post anything at all, or we should just take the free lynch. 4 posts in two game days, that's pretty much almost a mod kill

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

yeah let's do it

##vote Flamander

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I'm for any of the free lynches although I don't know if we should do all of them today

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I'm for any of the free lynches although I don't know if we should do all of them today

we don't get those flips till end of day, do we? So yeah, we could ration em out like 1 per day just to see how things go.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Mayor Glowku posted:

I'd like to see flam post anything at all, or we should just take the free lynch. 4 posts in two game days, that's pretty much almost a mod kill

*rings the shame bell*
##vote Flamander

Shame! Shame!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I still want to kill bif but yeah sure let's do this first ##vote flam

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

works for me ##vote flam

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
pink is being really rude but ##vote flam hello everyone

also I am deeply flattered you guys chose to track me N1 just fyi but I'm pretty boring this game (but essential for a balanced diet!)

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

drowned in pussy juice posted:

pink is being really rude but ##vote flam hello everyone

also I am deeply flattered you guys chose to track me N1 just fyi but I'm pretty boring this game (but essential for a balanced diet!)

Am I usually like super duper nice in games? I don't think I am being a dick here, really, and I don't mean to be - I just get annoyed with what feel like bad/made-up cases. :confuoot:

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
its ok i'm not mad at you I just might want to kill you later is all I'm saying

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

tpink posted:

Am I usually like super duper nice in games? I don't think I am being a dick here, really, and I don't mean to be - I just get annoyed with what feel like bad/made-up cases. :confuoot:

It's not a bad case. ##vote Flam

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

drowned in pussy juice posted:

its ok i'm not mad at you I just might want to kill you later is all I'm saying

Well this is no way to play a friendly mafia game :ohdear:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Also, this line of thinking doesn't really make sense to me - my being more of a dick is suspicious to you because you think it indicates scum? If I were scum, why would I be antagonizing people, especially if my normal play is chill and relaxed? That seems exactly backwards.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

tpink posted:

Well this is no way to play a friendly mafia game :ohdear:

its cool, i'm cool, how are you

where is everyone

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Like Flam still hasn't posted anything to defend himself.

##vote Flamander

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

##vote Flam

:redhammer:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Come on and Slam

and go and hammer Flam

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Noooooooooo, goodbye Flamander!

Votecount for Day 3

Flamander (8): Bifauxnen, tpink, Retro Futurist, SirSamVimes, drowned in pussy juice, Your Personal Muse, Yorkshire Tea, Slamburger
tpink (0): Your Personal Muse, Your Personal Muse
SirSamVimes (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen

Not Voting (6): Epsilon Plus, Flamander, Infinitum, Kashuno, Mayor Glowku, this is a stickup

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 26th, 2017 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 14 hours.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
vote to kill all the free executes.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
##vote RF die bich

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Flamander, Apple, Scum Vigilante Mason, was deemed too bland Day 3.

Day 3 continues.

Soaring Kestrel fucked around with this message at 02:59 on May 27, 2017

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
NICE

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

whoah wait we get flips NOW? Sweeeet

##vote RF