Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

TheAnomaly posted:

any idea if this is still coming out on Consoles on friday as well?

Ki Ki Ki ma ma ma

Gun Media posted:

Gun Media and IllFonic are happy to announce that Friday the 13th: The Game will launch on May 26th, 2017! The game will launch on Xbox One, PS4 and Steam as a digital download for $40USD.

ki ki ki
ya ya ya

Ahh poo poo, page 14. A good first run everyone. See you again on page 26.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Carebearz posted:

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGRv-9Rm_JQ

also, is there going to be a discord for us to use or are we gonna be purists and stick with the in-game proximity chat (i'm good with either honestly)

KI KI KI MA MA MA

Check out the steam group and discord links on the bottom of the OP / page 12.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

ki ki ki
ya ya ya

Ahh poo poo, page 14. A good first run everyone. See you again on page 26.

And page 113. And 130. Or are we doing solely multiples.

Also can't wait for Payday so I can buy this new game.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

widespread posted:

And page 113. And 130. Or are we doing solely multiples.

Also can't wait for Payday so I can buy this new game.

I think multiples and anything with a hard "13" in it.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Not going to lie, I'm likely going to be maining Part 7 Jason pretty hard.

He has, by far, my favorite design and I liked the shorter cool downs on movement abilities. Running as Jason just doesn't feel right, even if it is the earlier ones.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I didn't know this was coming out so soon. If only I wasn't taking a vacation a few days after it releases!

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

chitoryu12 posted:

I didn't know this was coming out so soon. If only I wasn't taking a vacation a few days after it releases!

Chitoryu's wife: "Honey, something wrong with your drink?"
Chitoryu: "..No. ..sorry... it's fine..."

Chitoryu's wife: "Honey, look, the beautiful coral! ......Honey?"

Chitoryu's wife: "Honey, you just won $3,400!"

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Chitoryu's wife: "Honey, something wrong with your drink?"
Chitoryu: "..No. ..sorry... it's fine..."

Chitoryu's wife: "Honey, look, the beautiful coral! ......Honey?"

Chitoryu's wife: "Honey, you just won $3,400!"

I need to show her this now.

It's great that you used the pics of the guy who took a vacation alone, though. I'm going with my mother and tried to bring my fiancee, but she wasn't able to take off of work because she's still training a new guy and he isn't able to replace her when she's gone yet.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Friday-the-13th-The-Game/achievements?secrets=1
Achievements are out.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

chitoryu12 posted:

I'm going with my mother

:chloe:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Console ver poised for friday for the guy that asked.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

widespread posted:

The beta was fun-ish, yeah. Good Jasons always camp the phone, which is what everyone defaulted to in the beta anyway.

I'd ask about a potential "Jason X" Jason but the devs seem to be traditional horror fans. Which is confusing since Jason IX is in. Maybe not all the Jasons were noteworthy enough to get in?

I was so disappointed to get to the end of that list of Jasons only to find no Jason X.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Most of them are uninteresting "Do common thing X amount of times" but there are secret achievements that might hint at how to kill Jason. Put on Pamela's sweater?

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Bikeman and his group were working on killing him and looked like they made progress but every time they would do "the thing" it would crash the game.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

1stGear posted:

Most of them are uninteresting "Do common thing X amount of times" but there are secret achievements that might hint at how to kill Jason. Put on Pamela's sweater?
Do that thing in movie 3.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Interesting, perks are random, you roll for them and they fall into categories, they also have negative traits which is nice.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
I probably won't be able to afford this game until next month sometime, so I plan on living vicariously through your screeenshots and stories.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Skoll posted:

I probably won't be able to afford this game until next month sometime, so I plan on living vicariously through your screeenshots and stories.

Our first private match we gave Tinfoil Jason because he promised to give us a good game so we could learn. We were all dead in 4 minutes.

-A story 48 hours from now.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

1stGear posted:

Most of them are uninteresting "Do common thing X amount of times"

Kinda bummed about this because achievements can be really fun to go after if they aren't dumb grindy poo poo like this, oh well.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Our first private match we gave Tinfoil Jason because he promised to give us a good game so we could learn. We were all dead in 4 minutes.

-A story 48 hours from now.

I actually never got to play as Jason during the beta. :smith:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm going to lay this down right now

I'm going to be the friendliest Jason you ever did see.

I may walk up to you but chances are if you don't start poo poo you don't get hit.

Now what constitutes as starting poo poo, well we'll just have to see how that works out.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
My stupid goddamn wife invited my loving in laws over the weekend. I loving hate everything.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Snatch Duster posted:

My stupid goddamn wife invited my loving in laws over the weekend. I loving hate everything.

It's time for you to have a highly contagious disease to scare them off.

Tomorrow you will suddenly contract zika.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Skoll posted:

Tomorrow you will suddenly contract zika.

zi zi zi

ka ka ka

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Scalding Coffee posted:

It does look like Jason can be defeated after all.
ke ke ke
hameha

Was this in a twitch stream?

e: nevermind

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 06:32 on May 25, 2017

Homeroom Fingering
Apr 25, 2009

The secret history (((they))) don't want you to know

Snatch Duster posted:

Another one that can sit angrily over the weekend thinking "gently caress! I could be getting impaled on a spike right now, but nooooooo"

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Snatch Duster posted:

:sever:

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Game launches Friday at 12:00 AM EST on STEAM. (aka Midnight tonight)

I have to work Friday afternoon, but other than that I have 5 days off. I'm gonna need some hot pockets.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Check out the steam group and discord links on the bottom of the OP / page 12.

poo poo, I knew I forgot to do something when i got on to play PUBG last night.

also, i'm all for using the Steam Group and/or discord to get groups, but we should use the in-game voice chat because it looks awesome. Also as Jason i'll probably just play this over my voice chat, just like I did on DbD:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59LQw9bKeJ8

or this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ5LpwO-An4

Carebearz fucked around with this message at 13:56 on May 25, 2017

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I want to dive into this tomorrow butt naked so much but after being burned extremely badly by Evolve I'm a little hesitant. Are there any streams that were saved on YouTube or something recently that I can watch that are good?

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

DLC Inc posted:

I want to dive into this tomorrow butt naked so much but after being burned extremely badly by Evolve I'm a little hesitant. Are there any streams that were saved on YouTube or something recently that I can watch that are good?

there are literally a shitload of people streaming it on Twitch and they're all good to watch

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Carebearz posted:

but we should use the in-game voice chat

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
If anyone is playing on Xbox my id is lennylasher but I don't have a mic and I'm usually drunk... Which would suit the game if I'm a counselor.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Drunken Baker posted:

If anyone is playing on Xbox my id is lennylasher but I don't have a mic and I'm usually drunk... Which would suit the game if I'm a counselor.

You should score the cheapo xbone mic, using the in game voice chat will make things better imho. Imagine being that one counselor with lovely luck that never finds a walkie-talkie and Jason Isolates you

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
:reddit: is pretty upset that streamers got access a whole 36 hours before they did. They point to one guys lukewarm review as evidence that it was the wrong decision, they were betrayed, and Gun Media should be "ashamed" of themselves. So strange of them to be that emotional.

https://www.reddit.com/r/F13thegame/comments/6d5jul/this_has_been_an_absolute_disrespect_to_your/

:allears:

All the streams I saw, they were having a blast even though they had to play with other streamers who also split their attention between their ego and their chat log.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

:reddit: is pretty upset that streamers got access a whole 36 hours before they did. They point to one guys lukewarm review as evidence that it was the wrong decision, they were betrayed, and Gun Media should be "ashamed" of themselves. So strange of them to be that emotional.

https://www.reddit.com/r/F13thegame/comments/6d5jul/this_has_been_an_absolute_disrespect_to_your/

:allears:

All the streams I saw, they were having a blast even though they had to play with other streamers who also split their attention between their ego and their chat log.

This further supports my belief that reddit is full of babbies

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
One of the better ones I keep an eye on is Ohm, mostly because his Friday videos usually end up with him teaming with H20 Delirious, and it's kind of fun to go over to his channel and track down the same session from a different perspective.

Ohm spends one game running around avoiding Jason and dealing with other players bullshit while trying to fix the phone, while Delirious, in that same session, is totally alone and just finding poo poo and fixing a boat. All the while the bullshit on the other side of the map is happening.

It also makes certain things that happen even funnier to see it from another angle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jirAaZVRnB0&t=1216s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JLq8Yy8Sl0&t=1180s

(Not going to lie, not a huge fan of Bryce's videos and I don't really check out the others. Not big on the streamer face cam mugging from the camera over playing the game stuff.)

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I bought this game to kill kids as Jason and run screaming from said Jason. As long as there are campers to kill and I get 10 hours out of it I'll have considered it money well spent.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Carebearz posted:

You should score the cheapo xbone mic, using the in game voice chat will make things better imho. Imagine being that one counselor with lovely luck that never finds a walkie-talkie and Jason Isolates you

There's one here for 20 quid. yeah, might pony up for that tomorrow.

edit: God, that reddit thread!

I was browsing the Dev teams twitter too and people are so loving awful. How do you live your life being that miserable and bitter and vitriolic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

are all the streams just PC or is any footage from console?

• Locked thread