Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

KungFu Grip posted:

taped stuff that must have been dark match. He killed Ho Ho Lun after they lost to a new tag team Angelo Dawkins and Montez Ford

Montez is rolly-shoulders guy, right? That's a gimmick with legs.

Or shoulders. Whichever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Ember's promos/acting make it really hard to get behind her character.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
When she was being hyped and first showed up I was expecting her to be a silent badass type and I kinda wish that's the way they had gone.

ChineseConnection
Jun 23, 2005
The local jobber is a pretty popular indie wrestler in the Chicago region called Robert "Ego" Anthony. A year ago, Mustafa Ali, Robert Anthony and Ruby Riot (Sally Stitches) all seemed like the top 3 perfect local talent to move on to NXT. I think Anthony ended needing to do family stuff?

Names to remember 12 months from now would be G.P.A, Stevie Fierce and Isaiah Valazquez. Space Monkey has been getting popular out here, but I think he's based out of Toronto.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Robert Anthony had a developmental deal back in the FCW days so I doubt he's due for another. He's been around a long time, was really a CZW guy mostly I think. Was AAW's first and second-ever champion before Tyler Black, Kevin Steen, Silas Young, etc.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Meltz snowflakes

Roddy/EY ***1/4
Bate/Dunne ****3/4 (so close, right ranking but so many people gonna be mad)
Asuka/Ruby/Nikki ***1/2
Roode/Itami ****1/4
AOP/DIY ****1/4

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

*turns to face you with a smirk while microwaving a bowl of beefaroni* I'm mad that the match wasn't accurately rated.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Ahahahahahah, HHH just can't get that last half-to-a-quarter snowflake from Dave, no matter how hard he tries.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

VJeff posted:

Ahahahahahah, HHH just can't get that last half-to-a-quarter snowflake from Dave, no matter how hard he tries.
Don't worry, Meltz's waifus Hojo and Shirai will be there soon

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/867666971030155265

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
zzany sean and... and the other blake and murphy

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

shiksa posted:

zzany sean and... and the other blake and murphy

Bonkers Bill and the Shootman.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I think you mean Bonnkerzz

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave mentioned Ciampa aggravated his injury by working Takeover

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Will NXT be considered major league if Gunner is there?

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

i looked up Gunner because i thought he was charlotte's ex that abused her, but actually he's a former marine with a finisher called PTSD

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I thought it was "Gunner Scott" the failed Benoit protege character(whom they supposedly ended up souring on because he became too much like Benoit) making a comeback!

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

the disrespect for "MR. INTENSITY" Gunner of Gunner and Murphy fame

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Please do not insult Gunner, he is a future NXT champion. :)

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
All I ask is they tease Gunner and Murphy at least once

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Chris James 2 posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the outcome Ciampa insisted upon. He did a lot of spots inadvisable for a healthy worker

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

Don't worry, Meltz's waifus Hojo and Shirai will be there soon

Dave is a big fan of women's wrestling, but I have seen no evidence that he has watched any significant amount of current joshi for many years. Notice when he talks about it he will usually throw in an "I hear", or "is said to be".

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm sure he watched enough to properly evaluate that Shirai and Meiko are the best females in the world and probably both top 15 active wrestlers right now

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

doubt it

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

He's said he watches a lot of Stardom, but just doesn't get the chance to talk about it on his shows.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

He's also got a canadian girlfriend, just nobody knows her is all

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Well I just read spoilers about Ciampa's promo.

I feel like a very bad person now!

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Benne posted:

Meltz snowflakes

Roddy/EY ***1/4
Bate/Dunne ****3/4 (so close, right ranking but so many people gonna be mad)
Asuka/Ruby/Nikki ***1/2
Roode/Itami ****1/4
AOP/DIY ****1/4

It's great that the two matches that dorks will whine the most about that quarter star both included a total header on a dive.

Untelatedly, Aleister Black busted out a No Mercy classic further cementing his status as my current favorite wrestler.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/MithGifs/status/867890686644731904

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
Judging by the NXT taping spoilers it sounds like Gunner and Crazzy Steve had killer debuts tonight!

Somebody fucked around with this message at 07:43 on May 26, 2017

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
NXT Full Sail tapings were tonight

Mod Edit: Potential spoiler image removed (I have no idea if it's something that actually happened or not v:shobon:v)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 07:43 on May 26, 2017

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Roque11 and Wreddit took that tweet as NEWS.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Guys please keep stuff from the tapings to the spoiler thread or at least put it behind spoiler tags when posting in this thread, thanks.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I have a spoiler!

I read them and it looks really good I think I'm gonna start watching again.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I've been banging the "NXT is good again" drum since Mania, y'all don't get to infringe on my gimmick :colbert:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Baseless speculation but Taylor Wilde was TNA tag champs with current NXT trainer Sarah Stock: https://twitter.com/TaylorWilde/status/868235537194385408

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Nixon, Evie and others finally report to NXT this week:

https://twitter.com/NixonNewell/status/869095169265737728

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

PWInsider says torn ACL. Surgery this week

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

PWInsider says torn ACL. Surgery this week

No there's another one too as well. Which may turn out to be his shoulders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

So is his career over or is he shooting for a return at the 2019 RR takeover?

• Locked thread