Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

That match isn't good though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
pretty much any well regarded 80s or 90s joshi match

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

St Evan Echoes posted:

Kenny Omega v Haruka when they were an average age of about 17 :v:

You fucker

exploded mummy posted:

Omega/Haruka is a combined age of like 37

Twisted Eye
Jan 6, 2011

Cocksmith posted:

what beast is brock lesnar an incarnation of

Pretty sure it's a Revelations reference. The Beast that 666 is the number of. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beast_(Revelation)

Apparently there's a second beast that exists only to play false prophet for the first one, so even Heyman fits in here

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

A beast is already a thing of flesh. Shoddy work from Heyman.

Equally baffling is when Cage said: "They call me Cage, I'm not a man... I'm a machine". Cages aren't machines.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

So the Fabulous Ones definitely knew what their gimmick and music videos looked like, right?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Neodoomium posted:

So the Fabulous Ones definitely knew what their gimmick and music videos looked like, right?

Yes, which is why they drew throngs of adoring female fans. Unfortunately male fans today are such misogynists they can't for a second take into account what women like and assume other subtexts about totally normal heterosexual things.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

poo poo got some great heat

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
There apparently was a plan to turn them heel all along, play into the vanity a little, but they were too hot as faces.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Maxwell Lord posted:

There apparently was a plan to turn them heel all along, play into the vanity a little, but they were too hot as faces.

They finally did that run in 1991 with Cornette as their manager. It's pretty fun. They wear chaps.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

MassRafTer posted:

Yes, which is why they drew throngs of adoring female fans. Unfortunately male fans today are such misogynists they can't for a second take into account what women like and assume other subtexts about totally normal heterosexual things.

Too be fair, heterosexual men have better success with women than gay ones.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

MassRafTer posted:

They finally did that run in 1991 with Cornette as their manager. It's pretty fun. They wear chaps.

So what, did they get back together after Lane's Midnight Express run?
The time frame of the Fabs/ME is sort of blurry to me.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ChrisBTY posted:

So what, did they get back together after Lane's Midnight Express run?
The time frame of the Fabs/ME is sort of blurry to me.

Yeah, in between the Midnight Express and the Heavenly Bodies.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

And to make things just a bit more confusing, Bobby Eaton and Steve Keirn were briefly a tag team in WCW called "Bad Attitude" during that period. They were originally going to be called "The Fabulous Express", but I think that was a little too on the nose.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

interesting. i cant remember anything that has happened to me or anyone else, before.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Has there ever been an Indian (from India, not Native American) champion who could actually work? Only good Indian wrestler I can even think of is Sonjay Dutt.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I'm sure some of the Indian champions like Dara Singh and the Great Gama were good workers for their day, but it's not like their style would look good by modern standards, if you can even find enough footage to make a judgment.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Bigass Moth posted:

Has there ever been an Indian (from India, not Native American) champion who could actually work? Only good Indian wrestler I can even think of is Sonjay Dutt.

Sonjay Dutt is American.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Gama Singh is very much a wrestler's wrestler, lot of guys in the biz seem to really like him. I've only seen clips.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Halloween Jack posted:

I'm sure some of the Indian champions like Dara Singh and the Great Gama were good workers for their day, but it's not like their style would look good by modern standards, if you can even find enough footage to make a judgment.

Is there even any footage of Great Gama?

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

Spuckuk posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYhKb8jIT0I

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Davros1 posted:

And to make things just a bit more confusing, Bobby Eaton and Steve Keirn were briefly a tag team in WCW called "Bad Attitude" during that period. They were originally going to be called "The Fabulous Express", but I think that was a little too on the nose.

They should have brought Lane in, actually called it "The Fabulous Express" and then just Freebirded.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Too be fair, heterosexual men have better success with women than gay ones.
optimistic

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

In sheer volume!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

ChrisBTY posted:

They should have brought Lane in, actually called it "The Fabulous Express" and then just Freebirded.

I may be wrong, but I think he was in the WWF at the time as a commentator.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Spuckuk posted:

An artist did this recreation from VERY DETAILED historical records.

https://youtu.be/oyOQDvkkZo4

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Defiance Industries posted:

I'm so glad this was exactly what I was hoping it would be when I clicked the link.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Well played.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Why does Ticketmaster/WWE insist on selling tickets to Smackdown in multiples of two? I'm considering going to the one in Dayton in June and that's all I can do right now.

It might not be terrible to buy the second seat to not get some 500 pound dude next to me, but still.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

Why does Ticketmaster/WWE insist on selling tickets to Smackdown in multiples of two? I'm considering going to the one in Dayton in June and that's all I can do right now.

It might not be terrible to buy the second seat to not get some 500 pound dude next to me, but still.

:confused:

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

CBJSprague24 posted:

:( please make a friend

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Weird, the least I was getting earlier was 2 and it went up to 4, 6, etc. from there. I'll try it again.

dromal phrenia posted:

:( please make a friend

I've got friends, but none of them like the wrestling. :(

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

CBJSprague24 posted:

I've got friends, but none of them like the wrestling. :(

Many people who don't take themselves too seriously would be open to watching a big dumb spectacle. Ask them.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Many people who don't take themselves too seriously would be open to watching a big dumb spectacle. Ask them.

"We can get real drunk beforehand, how does that sound?" usually works for getting people to go to big dumb spectacles, in my experience.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

even girls

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Has there ever been a wrestler with a fire poi spinner gimmick? I feel like that would get over by the visuals alone.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

sticklefifer posted:

Has there ever been a wrestler with a fire poi spinner gimmick? I feel like that would get over by the visuals alone.

the name escapes me, but there's a dude in CMLL who comes out with flaming balls

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

"We can get real drunk beforehand, how does that sound?" usually works for getting people to go to big dumb spectacles, in my experience.

Also don't act like you post on a wrestling forum and you'll be good

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

exploded mummy posted:

the name escapes me, but there's a dude in CMLL who comes out with flaming balls

WWE needs to sign him up before this summer's hottest PPV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
With the three former members of the Shield all face and on Raw, how long do you think it will take before a reunion in an attempt to get Roman over?