Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

That is indeed what I call someone whose response to continually losing battles because they only use a head on charge strategy is to use more head on charge strategies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Begemot posted:

We're like a hundred chapters behind, and presumably because they have other projects and a regular schedule keeps people visiting their site or donating or whatever.

Hopefully some inane person will come along and catch us up some day, like what happened with Kingdom or HELCK.

As someone who has worked on a series 70+ chapters behind, that is a hell of a slog. You basically have to be unemployed or a student on break to do that.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Kingdom is at like 535+ chapters, with no signs of slowing down, so I guess it depends on when you stopped? I would say he's improved somewhat, but Shin's personal shortcomings as a tactician fall to the wayside as the scope of the battles expands. The current arc is pure clashes of wits between Ousen and Riboku. Shin's unit is there as a viewpoint but it isn't the focus.

edit: upon review, I also see that this is not, in fact, the miscellaneous shonen thread so instead let's discuss whether the full lineup of Kengan fighters could beat Shin's unit in a fight. I say 'yes.'

Rangpur fucked around with this message at 03:58 on May 13, 2017

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Oh whoops, I mean "some insane person," not inane.

And I will say that I appreciate how the weekly chapters are very well done. Nice cleaning and text and good scans, good grammar, just a nice job overall. It's frustrating being so behind but I prefer it to a rush job overall.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
more chapters at a faster pace would be nice, but a steady release schedule isn't bad at all. so many good manga end up incomplete due to translator group woes, you know?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Danberu updated, and it's got a cameo from the best Kengan fighter!!!!

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Danberu-nan-kiro-moteru/Ch-020?id=366396

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Kengan-Ashua/Vol-008-Ch-064?id=366511

fight

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Hell yes

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
PUNCH

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
...Wait, that timer at the end of the chapter. Did the whole thing take place over a second and a half?

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Just a simple, fast slugfest between probably two of the physically strongest fighters in the tournament. I really like this fight, you really get a sense of the incredible amount of superhuman force being delivered with each blow.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
why would you read that as seconds? it is very, very clearly 1 minute 52 seconds.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

why would you read that as seconds? it is very, very clearly 1 minute 52 seconds.

Because the last time I saw that format it was used to show six seconds.

Also almost two minutes seems pretty long given how little actually seemed to happen in the fight.

Cirina fucked around with this message at 16:16 on May 18, 2017

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i like how nonplussed he looks on this page

http://bato.to/reader#d3bfee2134e51934_8

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

tweet my meat posted:

Just a simple, fast slugfest between probably two of the physically strongest fighters in the tournament. I really like this fight, you really get a sense of the incredible amount of superhuman force being delivered with each blow.

Pfft, I think the decathlon guy is out of his league. Wakatsuki wasn't bothered much at all by his blows (I'm assuming this is the fight that just got translated?).

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I mean he was definitely weaker, but I think Wakatsuki is probably one of the top contenders in the tournament overall, and even he immediately acknowledged his insane power and went all out from the start. Decathlon Man also took a couple of those trademark concrete shattering blows and came right back at him so he certainly was no slouch.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Ytlaya posted:

Pfft, I think the decathlon guy is out of his league. Wakatsuki wasn't bothered much at all by his blows (I'm assuming this is the fight that just got translated?).

Wakatsuki literally said he was impressed by how strong decathlon guy was at the end of the chapter. And last time said he had to go all-out from the start to stand a chance.

Dude was real strong.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Dude wasnt even down for a second after that last hit he was still smiling letting him know this fight is over but there will be more ori assume

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Begemot posted:

Wakatsuki literally said he was impressed by how strong decathlon guy was at the end of the chapter. And last time said he had to go all-out from the start to stand a chance.

Dude was real strong.

He only used his right arm through the entire fight, and didn't bother dodging any attacks.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Yeah, Wakatsuki is a really humble guy, it's basically the first trait of his we saw upon introduction. Just because he says the dude put up a close fight doesn't mean poo poo.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
based on wakatsuki's personality, he takes every opponent seriously. he's not like ohma, who goes easy until he is sufficiently entertained.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
Chapter 65: Monster

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Is Reinhold the new "Unchained" Biscuit Oliva..?!

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Ah yes, my favorite manga martial arts of all time: He Big

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Didn't work for Haruo though.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

But Haruo gimped himself by drowning in decadent Japanese hedonism. Julius lives a sensible & efficient German lifestyle, starting each day with a sliced grapefruit, two pieces of whole wheat toast and half a BMW.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Plutonis posted:

Is Reinhold the new "Unchained" Biscuit Oliva..?!

I think that Julius Reinhold could maybe unflex his muscles without causing an atomic bomb-level disaster.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
Latest raw contains a :3 flashback with lil Adam Duds and daddy Duds.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Reinhold revealed his power first, he gonna die

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

ZeroCount posted:

Reinhold revealed his power first, he gonna die

I'm not sure being jacked as gently caress counts as a power.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Jacked enough to chump a racecar probably counts as a power.

Piriwi
Feb 20, 2006
Yeah I can see Julius losing so his boss will be forced to rely on some glorious nippon fighter.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Of all the non-Japanese nationalities, i have a feeling that a German has maybe the best (read: a very faint one) chance to beat a Japanese fighter. At least in the first fight. I dunno, they seem fond of Germans in fiction for some reason.

OTOH, Reinhold has what might be the most boring design yet, so i'm not exactly rooting for him.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i hope the eccentric gay dude wins

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
I cant think of a single anime where the huge muscle man won in the end

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Not in the end but Toguro the Younger got to the finals dude

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
I'm just rooting for the cool bearded mountain man looking dude who gets to face Rihito round 1.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

You know on a second read, I'm curious what Hayami's goons would even need to ask Miss Murder Music CEO. If her fighter loses (he will), then it wouldn't make a difference who she supports for chairman. That's the whole point of putting his fighters in a bunch of different slots in the first place.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rangpur posted:

You know on a second read, I'm curious what Hayami's goons would even need to ask Miss Murder Music CEO. If her fighter loses (he will), then it wouldn't make a difference who she supports for chairman. That's the whole point of putting his fighters in a bunch of different slots in the first place.

Maybe "ask" her to throw the white towel for her fighter and force him to surrender, so Julius can get to the next round unscathed? As we've seen in the previous fights, even the winning fighters take significant damage from their opponents and it'd be an advantage if you can move to the next round without a scratch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

HenryEx posted:

Of all the non-Japanese nationalities, i have a feeling that a German has maybe the best (read: a very faint one) chance to beat a Japanese fighter. At least in the first fight. I dunno, they seem fond of Germans in fiction for some reason.

OTOH, Reinhold has what might be the most boring design yet, so i'm not exactly rooting for him.

IIRC Meiji Japan explicitly based its modernized military and governmental structure on Prussia's (and I think brought on a lot of Prussian advisors). Japanese admiration of Germany basically gets its roots from that, I think.