Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Raenir Salazar posted:

My logic is more avoiding being greedy and holding off until a Servant comes up in the gacha that better arguably fills a hole that I've still yet to fill;

Well, Rin's anus is defenseless, so if you ever wanted to fill a hole in your roster,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ytlaya posted:

Wow, changing that Vlad!Zerker skill to 30% attack/defense for three turns is kinda a big deal. That seems like a big buff for 3 turns.

Vlad was one of the berserkers on the lower end of things, so having a buff that solid is going to help him a lot in being a solid fixture on a team or a decent 5* to pull for newbies, I guess. He's still only gonna find his way onto Arts Teams but this way he's not close to dead rear end last MHXA in utility.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Captain Baal posted:

Vlad was one of the berserkers on the lower end of things, so having a buff that solid is going to help him a lot in being a solid fixture on a team or a decent 5* to pull for newbies, I guess. He's still only gonna find his way onto Arts Teams but this way he's not close to dead rear end last MHXA in utility.

Man, I don't know what they were thinking with MHXA. Even pre-interlude Vlad was still pretty good on Arts teams, but MHXA is just unusually bad, especially considering she's a more recently designed servant.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Grand Order: You want more CEs?

Me: Not particularly. Kind of want some cool new Servants to play around with.

Grand Order: Sorry, couldn't hear you over all those awesome CE duplicates I'm giving you.

I don't even get it. The odds of pulling 5* CEs isn't that much better than 5* Servants, but with me, I have EX rank luck in pulling those stupid things, and E------------ luck in 5* Servants. The only difference is CEs are BORING. I also like how the first Medusa I pulled got her to NP level 5. Got another one, just to rub it in a little more.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
Yeah I have a tonne of 5* CE's for some reason.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
:same:

I have a full upgraded Demon Bodhisattva, among others.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Sylphid posted:

I don't even get it. The odds of pulling 5* CEs isn't that much better than 5* Servants, but with me, I have EX rank luck in pulling those stupid things, and E------------ luck in 5* Servants. The only difference is CEs are BORING. I also like how the first Medusa I pulled got her to NP level 5. Got another one, just to rub it in a little more.

The rate for 5* CEs is quite a bit higher than 5* servants. 5x higher I believe, so in theory you would get five 5* CEs for every one 5* servant (and you have to take into account that any event 5* CEs in your inventory wouldn't count towards that ratio).

I just checked in my game, and my ratio of 5* CEs to 5* servants comes out to roughly 4:1 though I may have under-counted CEs.

edit: Oh wait, I forgot about the two 5* servants from the paid New Years gacha. After adjusting for that, the ratio is more like 4.5:1, so yeah it looks like it does average out to 5:1.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 19:05 on May 25, 2017

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

The rate for 5* CEs is quite a bit higher than 5* servants. 5x higher I believe, so in theory you would get five 5* CEs for every one 5* servant (and you have to take into account that any event 5* CEs in your inventory wouldn't count towards that ratio).

I just checked in my game, and my ratio of 5* CEs to 5* servants comes out to roughly 4:1 though I may have under-counted CEs.

edit: Oh wait, I forgot about the two 5* servants from the paid New Years gacha. After adjusting for that, the ratio is more like 4.5:1, so yeah it looks like it does average out to 5:1.

Hm, going by the wiki, the summoning rate is 1% for 5* Servants, 4% for 5* CEs. I guess in terms of strict mathematics, that follows, but 3% doesn't seem like a huge difference. Odd the way things work out.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Don't forget the ratio in your box is skewed by all the free event 5* CEs. 4 to 1 seems about right for actual rolls.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I've been thinking. Won't doing single roll ten times be better if you only want five stars? Since the ten roll come with a guarantee four stars, which dooms a roll to 4*

Sure the trade off is me not getting anything, but there isn't a lot of CE or servant that is good at four stars.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Nyaa posted:

I've been thinking. Won't doing single roll ten times be better if you only want five stars? Since the ten roll come with a guarantee four stars, which dooms a roll to 4*

It's guaranteed >=4*, which means it could roll a 5* for that

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Well, not counting event CEs, I've drawn 9 5* CEs. I'm dragging everyone's average down. My apologies.

Sylphid fucked around with this message at 19:38 on May 25, 2017

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Sylphid posted:

Hm, going by the wiki, the summoning rate is 1% for 5* Servants, 4% for 5* CEs. I guess in terms of strict mathematics, that follows, but 3% doesn't seem like a huge difference. Odd the way things work out.

Oh, that actually works out even better with the numbers I ended up getting after comparing my 5* servants and CEs.

I think you're thinking of it wrong. It's not a difference of 3% so much as there's a 4x higher chance of getting a 5* CE than a 5* servant (and I think psychologically we tend to skew the number of 5* CEs upward due to the event CEs).

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 19:45 on May 25, 2017

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Sylphid posted:

Think about it this way. 1% is 1 out of 100. 4% is 1 out of 25. It's actually quite a lot bigger difference at that low a percentage than say 80% to 83%.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Got Angra Mainyu to NP 4 with the 90 000 Friend Points.

:smug:

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

I've got 8 5* servants and uh, 25? non-event 5* CEs. If you count the dupes I've fed I think it's 9 servants and ~30 CEs, so close to the expected ratio.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

To get a better idea of the chance of getting a 5*, you would have to do seven 10-rolls* in order to have a 50% cumulative probability of getting a 5*.

Even after doing fifteen 10-rolls, you're still only sitting at about a 78% cumulative probability of getting a 5* servant (in other words it isn't that unheard of to go that many 10-rolls without getting one).

*I'm ignoring the relatively negligible effect of the "at least 1 4* or greater" condition, since you're almost certain to get a 4* even if you do 10 single-rolls

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
All I know is that, from now on, I'm probably going to do the vast majority of my summoning via tickets, because after the last of Camelot, Babylonia, and whenever I get around to it, Shinjuku, are done, that's it. At that point it's just the glacial drip-drip of SQ in the form of dailies / Master Missions. That's a 10 pull like every month.

Well, at least I'll have plenty of time to get every single Servant I have now up to 10 / 10 / 10 and fourth ascension. And then I'll pull another Ryuudou Temple.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
27 summoning tickets later and Yessssssssssssssssssssssss!!!

Also Avenger Gorgon.

I'm feeling a very very very strong gambler's fallacy urge to spend the remaining 16 summoning tickets to try to also get Medusa Lily but I think this is fine enough, Semiramis awaits!

What makes me happy is that I didn't use any of my quartz, so my hoard is preserved until the next new release.

e: Was playing Rin's summoning theme from the UBW OST as a catalyst, it works!!!

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 02:04 on May 26, 2017

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

Ignore gold characters, you're the real lucksack.
I have probably rolled at least 2 million friend points and haven't seen Angra yet

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I have actual good avengers, who needs him? :colbert:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

MonsieurChoc posted:

i hate you

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Truly, the gacha is All the World's Evil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKyFOQwEOkw

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Cute FGO Line stickers. Looks like they're all illustrated by Takeuchi. Boudica looks way cuter here than whoever did her original art.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Compendium posted:

Cute FGO Line stickers. Looks like they're all illustrated by Takeuchi. Boudica looks way cuter here than whoever did her original art.

some of the game's most popular servants, like mephistopheles, romulus, and leonidas

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Incredibly popular Servant Dr. Roman.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Compendium posted:

Asterios / Euryale is the best one.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Romulus and Leonidas are cool Lancers, Mephistopheles is down there with Caster and Saber Gilles for being p. useless.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
I sometimes miss the first month or two when Romulus was my best servant and everything was Roma, and I, too, was Roma.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Ibaraki rerun. Get your grind ready.

http://news.fate-go.jp/2017/rashomon/

https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/6e6g6a/rashoumon_rerun/

Also hey, you can now double tweak servants. Boosted stats go to 2000 now.

InfinityComplex fucked around with this message at 12:32 on May 30, 2017

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hopefully they up fou drop rates or something, it's already kind of hard to get people up to 990/990.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Apparently stats inbetween 1000-2000 require 4* fou cards. 3* fou cards cannot be used for boosting once you're at 1000 and any cards that are used to boost past that are disregarded and any extra points gained are lost.

edits: Started Shinjuku proper, these fights are hella rude. You gonna slap me with an attack debuff every turn? gently caress that, Imma gonn have 12 attack buffs up forever.

InfinityComplex fucked around with this message at 13:58 on May 30, 2017

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

InfinityComplex posted:

Apparently stats inbetween 1000-2000 require 4* fou cards. 3* fou cards cannot be used for boosting once you're at 1000 and any cards that are used to boost past that are disregarded and any extra points gained are lost.

Are 4* Fou cards new? Don't think I've ever gotten one. I wonder if they will ever release 5* EXP cards for that matter.

I actually have a whole bunch of 3* cards, about enough to max out 2 servants.

edit: One nice thing is that increased bonus stats make lower rarity servants even more viable, since they proportionally gain more from them.

edit2: I'm kinda happy the rate-up is on a servant I'm not that interested in. I already have Ibaraki Douji (at 2NP even) and he's the only one I'm interested in since he's apparently one of the best 4* Berserkers.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 14:46 on May 30, 2017

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

You shall all bare witness of the greatness that is Jalter in this event.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

Are 4* Fou cards new? Don't think I've ever gotten one. I wonder if they will ever release 5* EXP cards for that matter.

I actually have a whole bunch of 3* cards, about enough to max out 2 servants.

4* Fou cards will be coming with the upcoming rerun. From the event and reddit link, they will only boost 20 points per card once you're past the original 1000.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Compendium posted:

They're ripped, too.
Mediafire zip: http://www.mediafire.com/file/0baq7i...e+Stickers.zip
Imgur: http://imgur.com/a/JLJde

Source: https://store.line.me/stickershop/product/8691/ja

Courtesy of ItsumoKnight who I believe is also typesetting the translations of the CCC event and does something I don't recall with the Fox Tail manga.

Ohey he also ripped the UBW anime ones.

Mediafire zip: http://www.mediafire.com/file/x27drz...e+Stickers.zip
Imgur: http://imgur.com/a/cq9tt

Source: https://store.line.me/stickershop/product/4333/en

Kyte fucked around with this message at 17:36 on May 30, 2017

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

InfinityComplex posted:

4* Fou cards will be coming with the upcoming rerun. From the event and reddit link, they will only boost 20 points per card once you're past the original 1000.

Omg, gently caress off with that amount

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Captain Baal posted:

Omg, gently caress off with that amount

ya got smoked

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

It better give 50 each event

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Grind gring grind.