Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

As much as I like to poo poo on Twitch streamers, the youtube live ones might be even worse. Twitch is blocked at work so I watched a youtube live girl who constantly screamed, gave away her location over her mic to Jason every chance she had, and had a graphic she used to cover the screen during a death scene so you couldn't see the gore.

decent rack

there was an almost painfully stereotypical hot chick style streamer i was watching on twitch yesterday because the top 10 morons were all loving around trying to figure out how to kill jason. tank top, tattoos, dyed hair, glasses, the works. she gave the fakest sounding horror screams ever when jason's music played and i quickly felt really uncomfortable because i wasn't sure if i was watching her record for a hentai game or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I've got about a day to play this before leaving, so I bought it on Steam. Are they allowing pre-loading?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Keep in mind Kane only played Jason for 4 films, the other times it was a bunch of different people (and directors so you had a crap ton of variations). Kane has his own "views on the Jason character" in terms of what he should do, running was a big no no for him, along with killing animals. So I'm not shocked that the running looks odd, since he never did it in the roll to the best of my knowledge.

One weird side effect of Kane doing mocap for all the Jason's in this game is Jason is a lot more bigger and bulkier than he ever was in most of the earlier movies. It's kind of a shame that they all seem to have the same bulk to them.

Oh I know that, though Kane Hodder is also smart enough to know that Jason did run in 2 and 3.

I actually kind of love how the other Jasons all look, because it looks like Kane Hodder wearing their makeup. I would love to see what a Freddy VS Jason version would look like

EDIT: I at least got to preload it, so I would assume you could

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

That isn't midnight.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Snatch Duster posted:

That isn't midnight.

I just noticed this as well, what the gently caress?

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

s.i.r.e. posted:

I just noticed this as well, what the gently caress?

Its like 8 am PST.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Whats the consensus on control scheme? Is this something I'll be at a disadvantage using a controller vs a mouse/kb? I'm hoping to play this on my pc from the couch and haven't gotten things setup to use kb/m from there yet.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

Coolguye posted:

DbD is terrible and it's entirely possible F13 could also be bad despite or in a reversal from what we've seen. but it's dumb to come in here and hold DbD on a pedestal, even in terms of commercial effect it's already less important to its publisher than Payday 2 despite PD2 being far older and further into its production cycle.
I wasn't at all attempting to attack your point of view with that, I'm just legitimately awed and wanted to know. 10-20 hours is one thing but hundreds is another completely. Surely you must have enjoyed yourself to some extent, but that's neither here nor there. People still play DbD quite a bit and it's a comparison point. I also do not believe it is perfect, but in asymmetrical survival horror multiplayer games it's the game to beat right now.

s.i.r.e. posted:

What's he supposed to do?

Burkion posted:

Run in a way Jason has never, ever moved apparently.

I just never saw anything wrong with the way he runs. That's how he ran in Part 3.

s.i.r.e. posted:

Exactly, Jason isn't Pumpkinhead or the limping mutants from The Hills have Eyes, he's just ugly dude that slowly became zombified in later films but he never moved or acted beastly.
I think in Part 3 he came off much more lumbering and threatening than our resident goofball :shrug:
Again, I said it was minor, it's just... so weirdly chipper.

Horror movies are all about not showing the villain unless absolutely necessary so you don't catch the weird humdrum like going for a lengthy jog and unfortunately video games don't have that convenience, so it seems appropriate to exaggerate it a bit to the side of horror.

I'm a little surprised how much pushback I'm seeing for something so trivial.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Inside Out Mom posted:

Whats the consensus on control scheme? Is this something I'll be at a disadvantage using a controller vs a mouse/kb? I'm hoping to play this on my pc from the couch and haven't gotten things setup to use kb/m from there yet.

No clue fam. Probably be fine.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

s.i.r.e. posted:

So... that link...?

I can't even really vouch for the rack, but she hits that "cute enough to be attractive but not so cute to be out of your goon league and also likes video games and also seems nice and maybe has a nice rack" spot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3JQgEehuzI

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Snatch Duster posted:

Its like 8 am PST.

If that's the case that's gonna suck because my group and I were hoping for tonight.

Poulpe posted:

I think in Part 3 he came off much more lumbering and threatening than our resident goofball :shrug:
Again, I said it was minor, it's just... so weirdly chipper.

He just looks like a dude chasing after people, like someone playing tag with friends. It's a jog in the game and it works, it fits Jason's character.

sigher fucked around with this message at 22:39 on May 25, 2017

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Snatch Duster posted:

No clue fam. Probably be fine.

Word. Just gotta figure out the mic situation and that's gonna be a hell of a time

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Snatch Duster posted:

Its like 8 am PST.

Their faq online says midnight. I'd be really disappointed if I had to wait til tomorrow morning.

ed: reddit and other places seem to think it's still midnight

weekly font fucked around with this message at 22:53 on May 25, 2017

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

weekly font posted:

Their faq online says midnight. I'd be really disappointed if I had to wait til tomorrow morning.

I'm hoping that estimated is a bad estimate and it actually is 12 AM EST.

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

Maybe it's me entering my 'old man yells at cloud' phase, but I just do not get streamers or twitch.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

yeah i don't think that steam's estimate there is actually connected to anything.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

BeigeJacket posted:

Maybe it's me entering my 'old man yells at cloud' phase, but I just do not get streamers or twitch.

Watching someone who plays a game at a high level or is entertaining is interesting. Someone who is bad at the game and continually jabbers nonsensically over it is not, yet some of them do quite well. Its beyond me.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

LuiCypher posted:

Trying to do the Jason kill is a prisoner's dilemma type problem, if you ask me.

It's an extremely high-risk move that is 100% guaranteed to draw Jason's attention to you, and you need to be coordinated with the counselor who becomes Tommy. In a pub game, that's going to be really, really difficult because if Jason's already killed a few counselors, you're not sure if the talkative one you need to pull it off is going to respawn as Tommy. Plus any competent Jason at that point is just going to double-down on murdering Tommy ASAP because if he bites it, the attempt is over no matter what.

Meanwhile, if you play to just survive you can take advantage of Jason's primary weakness - he can't be everywhere at once. If you're going for any other escape option at the same time as other counselors, Jason will have a harder time pinning you all down before at least one of you (hopefully you) succeeds.

To put it simply - you have a much better chance of surviving by playing to survive instead of trying to kill Jason.

Play as if you're not going to kill Jason and them get him in a pincer maneuver once you get all the elements in place. Of course that'll be pretty damned hard considering Mrs Vorhees is a blabbermouth.

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON

1stGear posted:

Watching someone who plays a game at a high level or is entertaining is interesting. Someone who is bad at the game and continually jabbers nonsensically over it is not, yet some of them do quite well. Its beyond me.

I've had the same thoughts about this and my conclusion was that they are like adults acting in a kids movie. Whether they intend to or not, they are probably catering to a young like 8 to 14 yr old crowd that enjoys that sort of rambling gibberish.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

King Vidiot posted:

Play as if you're not going to kill Jason and them get him in a pincer maneuver once you get all the elements in place. Of course that'll be pretty damned hard considering Mrs Vorhees is a blabbermouth.

Pamela being quite chatty is the main issue I see with everything. Now that the secret's out, people going into Jason's cabin are going to be doing a lot more than sightseeing. If I were playing as Jason on release, I would bet that anyone going into the cabin is trying to go for the kill and deal with them accordingly.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

from the looks of things even just getting to the sweater-wearer early and getting them to blow their stun early will effectively defeat the kill attempt. it doesn't look like the survivors can do that more than once.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

Coolguye posted:

from the looks of things even just getting to the sweater-wearer early and getting them to blow their stun early will effectively defeat the kill attempt. it doesn't look like the survivors can do that more than once.

You also have to unmask Jason before the stun even works from the looks of things. Managing that appears to be a chore in and of itself.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Coolguye posted:

Goon: "Ok gas is in the car, battery is hooked up, anyone have the keys?"
Pubbie 14 year old: "Yeeeah I got em, but I wanna kill Jason! let's get the sweater guyyyys, I'm already close to his shack!"
Goon: "No no, look: we just need to get out while we have a chance, he's over by the phone camping."
Pubbie 14 year old: "Oh C'MOOOON, I wanna kill Jaaaason!"
Goon: "NO! That's so dumb, we can just leave now!"
Pubbie 14 year old: "I got the sweater! Go get Jaaaaarvis guys! Oh crap, Jaaaason!" *Mic cuts out*
Goon: :suicide:

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

BeigeJacket posted:

The times are a changin.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Pubbie 14 year old: "Yeeeah I got em, but I wanna kill Jason! let's get the sweater guyyyys, I'm already close to his shack!"
Goon: "No no, look: we just need to get out while we have a chance, he's over by the phone camping."
Pubbie 14 year old: "I got the sweater! Go get Jaaaaarvis guys! Oh crap, Jaaaason!" *Mic cuts out*

this scenario actually makes me wonder about the edge case of the cat with keys getting drowned by jason. is that car just boned for the entire match or do those keys respawn?

probably the former, it's not like the game is unwinnable if one car is impossible.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Coolguye posted:

this scenario actually makes me wonder about the edge case of the cat with keys getting drowned by jason. is that car just boned for the entire match or do those keys respawn?

probably the former, it's not like the game is unwinnable if one car is impossible.

That's why it's a good idea to announce you have the keys, so they can loot them off your mutilated corpse when they need them in 4 minutes.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

Snatch Duster posted:

Its like 8 am PST.

According to the facebook page update posted 3 hours ago, the release is 12 AM EST for Steam and Xbone, 8 AM EST for PS4.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Game has just appeared on UK PSN for £30.99, I'm not at home so can't get at it just yet

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

You forgot the part where Pubbie 14 year old dies in the middle of the lake making the impossible task of finding the keys by his corpse even more impossible.

I'm ready to go for Midnight Massacre Marathon.

Givin fucked around with this message at 01:22 on May 26, 2017

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Does anyone kind of find it funny that one of the victory conditions is the cops arriving? Cause that always worked well in the movies.

It's not really a compliant as I understand the need for more victory conditions for replayability, just wondering if anyone else noticed it.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Givin posted:

You forgot the part where Pubbie 14 year old dies in the middle of the lake making the impossible task of finding the keys by his corpse even more impossible.

Should have specified: this shack was in the middle of the lake.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Does anyone kind of find it funny that one of the victory conditions is the cops arriving? Cause that always worked well in the movies.

It's not really a compliant as I understand the need for more victory conditions for replayability, just wondering if anyone else noticed it.

These cops know what's up, they just form a shotgun barrage firing line and don't even attempt to go in the camp.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

So kind of like how they dealt with him in Jason Goes to Hell.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DeathChicken posted:

In fairness that was a massive Federal task force and Jason had killed a ton of cops before then.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I don't view the cop method as a means of dealing with Jason.

I view it as a "I don't need to run faster then the bear. I just need to run faster then YOU." method. Those cops are hosed. But they'll be hosed and I'll be driving away to the police station far far away from Jason.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

DeathChicken posted:

I am the female federal agent who gets naked in a remote cabin to lure him out. AMA.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I am the female federal agent who gets naked in a remote cabin to lure him out. AMA.

I hope some of the kills from Jason Goes to Hell makes in it, they're some of the most hosed up but I want to melt other players into the floor.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
If they don't have some interesting Mother's Day level, they've hosed up.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
NES Crystal Lake DLC.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Game is up for Aus and UK on PSN. Just checked it on steam using a VPN but no dice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
One hour to see if the servers crash and burn. Steam seems to be hiding the game from its storefront for some reason.

• Locked thread