Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

hakimashou posted:

I'm gonna lol so much if corbyn actually wins.

same hahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Nonsense posted:

lol this is the bbc political editor who is on tv extensively

https://twitter.com/bbcnickrobinson/status/867856779899809794

I can't find the lie

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Nonsense posted:

lol this is the bbc political editor who is on tv extensively

https://twitter.com/bbcnickrobinson/status/867856779899809794

100% true

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017
imagine prime minister corbyn

imagine him meeting trump lmao

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
the tears from may losing the election she called herself would be so delicious

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I have one close British friend and he is a huge, huge, huge tory. At university he kept a framed charcoal sketch of Margaret Thatcher on his desk that his grandfather (another huge, huge, huge tory) had drawn.

Two years ago I would taunt him that the republicans thought of obama the same way that the tories thought of corbyn, and look how that turned out for them.

If corbyn somehow wins I will have such a high horse to bash him from!

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
There's still nearly two weeks until the election though, and it seems like the tories have refrained so far from going hard on Corbyn&Co's compromised associations and sympathy with terrorists, so things could still get ugly.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

and i must meme posted:

imagine prime minister corbyn

imagine him meeting trump lmao
I can, and I love it.

Trump trying to mad dog him while Corbo p much winks to the camera like "gently caress this guy lol"

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
corbyn would probably be the best chance yet at a world leader that refuses to shake hands with trump, so i'm all for it

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

hakimashou posted:

I have one close British friend and he is a huge, huge, huge tory. At university he kept a framed charcoal sketch of Margaret Thatcher on his desk that his grandfather (another huge, huge, huge tory) had drawn.

Two years ago I would taunt him that the republicans thought of obama the same way that the tories thought of corbyn, and look how that turned out for them.

If corbyn somehow wins I will have such a high horse to bash him from!

You have no right to talk poo poo about Corbyn for any reason, especially not if he wins.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 245 days!

hakimashou posted:

There's still nearly two weeks until the election though, and it seems like the tories have refrained so far from going hard on Corbyn&Co's compromised associations and sympathy with terrorists, so things could still get ugly.

politics is an ugly game

i'm so glad we can bond now over tory tears

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

You have no right to talk poo poo about Corbyn for any reason, especially not if he wins.

this is the talk poo poo about politicians forum tho

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
and ya im looking forward to tories going low

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I had some faith in corbyn back in the day, maybe I should have trusted my early instincts. We'll see in a couple weeks!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Nick Robinson thinks he is making Corbyn look bad because he is an arch tory tit rifle

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

hakimashou posted:

I had some faith in corbyn back in the day, maybe I should have trusted my early instincts. We'll see in a couple weeks!

Corbyn shall make you humble

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Imagine Corbyn calling out Tony Blair to chants of "LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP!"... all this + more could be ours

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

imagine the mindset of the miserable poo poo voting libedem

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Remember all those news anchors who lost their jobs for being critical of the Iraq War?

this bullshit from Syria https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4n3SI81m9w

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Libdumbs

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

anime was right posted:

JEREMY CORBYN OWNS

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsBreak/status/867847876386357249

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

bold move, corby

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

he might wanna re-word the first part, it seems really really easy for assholes to take out of context and smear him even if it's totally true

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
I dunno man. That is a big fuckin door to open about what would work instead.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

to be clear i definitely want him to say that and then win the election in a huge landslide and slice the US/UK imperial alliance directly in half. it would loving rule

also saying that in the UK media environment is incredibly ballsy corbyn is good

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Fullhouse posted:

to be clear i definitely want him to say that and then win the election in a huge landslide and slice the US/UK imperial alliance directly in half. it would loving rule

also saying that in the UK media environment is incredibly ballsy corbyn is good

yeah i mean i agree w/ him but im not sure if its politically savvy

then again being politically savvy has seemingly lost several elections in the past year so...

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the british press is going to have an absolute field day with that

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

People have been calling him a traitorous terrorist lover since he became leader while much of the public response to the bombing had at least acknowledged that our actions abroad haven't met with success and have caused serious problems so this will hopefully go better than you might expect.

It certainly helps that Corbyn has consistently opposed the invasions and war on terror and Labour pledged an extra 10000 police a few weeks ago while May is on video saying that the police themselves are scaremongering about the impact of the cuts on them.

The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015

get that OUT of my face posted:

the british press is going to have an absolute field day with that

because they haven't been calling him an IRA supporting Al Qaeda member neo-stalinist

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, there's no reason not to quadruple down on Corbynism at this point. Go big or go home.

British polls are lousy and the last few polls may be outliers anyway, but if they are then Labour is hosed anyway, so whatever, go hog wild.

Tacky-Ass Rococco has issued a correction as of 08:46 on May 26, 2017

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I know it's the polls tricking me. But I want Corbyn to crush May under his jam-smeared heel so hard. It would be beautiful.

The speech is pretty reasonable too. The press will tear him apart, but what's different about that...

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

this sort of thing is stuff that everyone who knows anything about foreign policy or international relations has been saying for years, economics isn't the only place where central media/political discourse takes place in fantasy land

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I have lots of English friends and none of them are Tories. I unironically do not understand how you can have friends that are tories not being a Tory yourself.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

oliwan posted:

I have lots of English friends

*facebook profile pic of me standing next to stereotypically english person complete with bad teeth and harry potter wand*

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
i know like four tories who are in their early twenties and one ukip voter

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

i know like four tories who are in their early twenties and one ukip voter

k calm down adolf dont want any trouble here *slowly backs out*

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

look its only natural corbyn wants to stop fighting isis, he also didnt want to fight the ira when they bombed manchester. dude just really hates manchester

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Fallen Hamprince posted:

look its only natural corbyn wants to stop fighting isis, he also didnt want to fight the ira when they bombed manchester. dude just really hates manchester

the IRA was right and just