Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

verbal enema posted:

WS/48 what that mean and does anyone have a link to the post that had the highest leaders of that thing

It's winshares per 48 minutes. Winshares estimates how many wins you contribute to your team and per 48 adjusts it for playing time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Noctone posted:

Magic is waaaaaaaaaay way loving far out ahead in assists I'm pretty sure

e: like 500 ahead of stockton who's about 400 ahead of lebron

Magic would own so many records if he hadn't retired when he did

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
JAMES JONES OH MY GAWD

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
crazy that spoelstra got the heat working again so quickly after james jones left

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Guys I think the Cavs are good at ball

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Brolander posted:

JAMES JONES OH MY GAWD

EvanTH posted:

crazy that spoelstra got the heat working again so quickly after james jones left

The Champ

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Honest to goodness I'm struggling to think of a worse playoff series. 2007 Cavs/Spurs?

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
god drat do i want those sager kicks

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

milk milk lemonade posted:

Honest to goodness I'm struggling to think of a worse playoff series. 2007 Cavs/Spurs?
there ave been opening round series sweeps that were even bigger rear end kickings.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

2017 Warriors/Spurs

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

nice of lebron to seek out the other head coach immediatly

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
here we go again!! B)

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
wow IT getting some intense hugs

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

did the celtics get the look @ buddy when buddy get up guy to make IT feel taller

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

Spring Break My Heart posted:

there ave been opening round series sweeps that were even bigger rear end kickings.

Yah but this is the conference finals and one team just rolled over and died. They got beaten by 44, 32, 13 and 13 points. What the gently caress

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Yah but this is the conference finals and one team just rolled over and died. They got beaten by 44, 32, 13 and 13 points. What the gently caress

last years ECF was a huge mov aswell, despite the raptors getting 2 games

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Ghost Dog posted:

last years ECF was a huge mov aswell, despite the raptors getting 2 games

Well Raptors won both of those games convincingly and on their home court. Celtics got blasted on their own court and barely took a game on the flukiest of fluke games.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
does anybody know how the andersons got tickets to the game

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Super Jay Mann posted:

Well Raptors won both of those games convincingly and on their home court. Celtics got blasted on their own court and barely took a game on the flukiest of fluke games.

it was still the largest point differential in the playoffs that year

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

2017 Warriors/Spurs

I'd personally never seen a team freak out about the prospect of getting embarrassed and swept out of the playoffs that they send out their goon to injure the opposing team's star. There's at least the novelty factor there.

Dog Jones
Nov 4, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Dont worry the entertainment product offered by the NBA always delivers... the play offs may have been reprehensibly bad this year, but that just means the finals will be TWICE as epic,

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Bashez posted:

I'd personally never seen a team freak out about the prospect of getting embarrassed and swept out of the playoffs that they send out their goon to injure the opposing team's star. There's at least the novelty factor there.

it was like something out of a sports movie about the minor leagues back in the 70s

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I'm expecting Zaza to try and tangle up Lebron's arms on a layup or something and dislocate his shoulder, only two minutes later Lebron gets up, pops his arm back in while sparks are flying, and then proceeds to score 50.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

2017 Warriors/Spurs

yeah at least cavs/celtics had the comedy factor, warriors/spurs was shaping up to be an amazing series until it was wrecked by a dirty play

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I stopped watching with like three minutes left last night and when I got up someone put on FB

"Game 7 of the ECF > any regular season game" and I was like WHAT THE gently caress???? Then realized she was talking about hockey.

Thanks that's my story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

EvanTH posted:

At the end of his career he suddenly started shooting 3s respectably, still had it when he came back for a year too. His already good free throw shooting suddenly became elite too. He was in his prime and arguably getting better at 31 years old.

• Locked thread