Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

I don't know why we're not pushing RF atm

Town dumb doesn't understand mafia math

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Like really guys it is a FREE lynch which gives us information. It is inherently anti-town to be opposed to that lynch after getting a scum flip ##vote RF pls do it

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Make a case on RF. Why is he scum?

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

SirSamVimes posted:

My PM says that if any part of the masonry dies, the power is deactivated. I mean I suppose the mod could have been lying to me, but I doubt that. Maybe it just works differently for this because vigging is a power that can backfire on town, but tracking is completely pro-town?

Also I had wanted to respond to this: At this stage of the game, I'm OK taking you at your word that our roles are just different. Especially since you volunteered the information that you were vanilla without prompting which makes it more likely to be a town sharing info than a scum making a mistake.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Slamburger posted:

Make a case on RF. Why is he scum?

My case is I don't care what his alignment is, it's just basic game math

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

##vote RF

I'll vote with my Masonbro

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

how exactly does the lynch give us any information if the only reason to lynch him is "lol free lynch"

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The same could be said of Flamander, and he flipped scum.. soooooo

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Kashuno posted:

Fine but you've made that argument and everybody except Inf disagrees with that logic. There are plenty of content-based cases to be made on lots of players at this point and its extremely lazy to go with a "game math" argument that nobody is buying. You're just letting the day slip away while you beat a dead horse and at this point it feels like cover.

I think stickup is the best vote today because of the Flam thing so I want to stay focused on that outcome, but I'm happy to put together some cases on other people today. I don't like when people just sit back and rely on action-based evidence and ignore content, which seems like its been happening a lot by Day 3 or 4 in a lot of games I'm in recently.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Infinitum posted:

The same could be said of Flamander, and he flipped scum.. soooooo

Flamander was also completely not contributing at all, ever. Even after he was up on the chopping block.

Slamburger posted:

Fine but you've made that argument and everybody except Inf disagrees with that logic.

:iceburn:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

this is a stickup (4): Slamburger, Bifauxnen, Mayor Glowku, drowned in pussy juice, Kashuno, Infinitum, Kashuno, Infinitum
Retro Futurist (2): Kashuno, Bifauxnen, Infinitum, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Infinitum, Infinitum, Bifauxnen, Kashuno, Infinitum, Kashuno, Infinitum
Infinitum (2): tpink, SirSamVimes
tpink (1): Your Personal Muse, Infinitum, Infinitum, Your Personal Muse, Your Personal Muse
SirSamVimes (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen

Not Voting (4): Epsilon Plus, Retro Futurist, this is a stickup, Yorkshire Tea

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 26th, 2017 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 14 hours, 31 minutes.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm sorry first grade math is beyond this town

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kash why'd you swap from RF to Stickup in the first place? :nyoron:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

Kash why'd you swap from RF to Stickup in the first place? :nyoron:

I was mad no one was going with it, but then I decided "Nah I am going to stick to my guns"

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

voice friend bad (at math)

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:
Why are we back on the RF kick?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mayor Glowku posted:

Why are we back on the RF kick?

Because inf and i are smart and everyone else dumb!!!

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Here's some game math for you Kash:

Ptown-win(roster) < Ptown-win(roster - Kash - Inf)

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Slamburger posted:

Here's some game math for you Kash:

Ptown-win(roster) < Ptown-win(roster - Kash - Inf)

I'm not getting lynched so

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Kashuno posted:

I'm not getting lynched so

Or are you? The equation very clearly states that with you and infi dead we have a better chance at winning. Unless I'm an idiot too :negative:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm not getting lynched either

I'm also not going to be in the thread much tomorrow as I'm travelling down the coast to visit my Nan who has been very sick for a bit.

Shhhhhhhoooouuuullddd be about for deadline (Unless I'm the one driving at the time)

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Infinitum posted:

I'm not getting lynched either

I'm also not going to be in the thread much tomorrow as I'm travelling down the coast to visit my Nan who has been very sick for a bit.

Shhhhhhhoooouuuullddd be about for deadline (Unless I'm the one driving at the time)

Tell them you have super important business and you have to shitpost

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
just an fyi I am still alive, just had kind of a horseshit couple of days, will be catching up on the 200+ posts later and forming some Real Good Opinions thx thx

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Same as above, some poo poo went down at my work so I haven't been able to catch up yet.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Kashuno posted:

Like really guys it is a FREE lynch which gives us information. It is inherently anti-town to be opposed to that lynch after getting a scum flip ##vote RF pls do it

What info do you think you'll get?

Like let's see this math:
If RF = Scum then ?
If RF= town then ?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
If scum, tpink 100% scum.
If town, tpink 75% scum

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Kashuno posted:

If town, tpink 75% scum

Your math is bad and you should feel bad.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

And this is entirely based on the fact that tpink doesn't think it's a good idea to kill me for no reason, yeah?

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Kashuno posted:

If town, tpink 75% scum

This is math I can get behind

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Retro Futurist posted:

And this is entirely based on the fact that tpink doesn't think it's a good idea to kill me for no reason, yeah?

More or less, but specifically because he went SO HARD on defending you

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

tpink posted:

Do you have any reason to think RF is scum? If so, ok; otherwise it's just a blind vote because it's a free kill, and the odds of randomly hitting scum are now even lower because we have already successfully lynched one scum. I don't understand this "basic game math."

tpink posted:

Ok duder. Let's just kill off people WHO ARE ACTUALLY POSTING NOW. Why?

tpink posted:

I'm in favor of not killing RF now that he is here and is going to hopefully post more.

drat, that is one hard defense. I mean jeez why don't you just marry me, tpink?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

tpink posted:

I'm in favor of not killing RF now that he is here and is going to hopefully post more.

tpink posted:

Also sort of weird that Infi has been MIA (which is unusual for him) but popped back up now and is pushing for chain lynches.

tpink posted:

I don't know what Infi is doing but I don't like it one bit. Also still hasn't unvoted RF despite him showing up.

##vote Infi

tpink posted:

Ok duder. Let's just kill off people WHO ARE ACTUALLY POSTING NOW. Why?

tpink posted:

Do you have any reason to think RF is scum? If so, ok; otherwise it's just a blind vote because it's a free kill, and the odds of randomly hitting scum are now even lower because we have already successfully lynched one scum. I don't understand this "basic game math."

tpink posted:

With you and other people apparently already thinking I am scum for reasons??, I would have to be really loving dumb to defend RF if he were a scumbro.

tpink posted:

I was pointing out that you and Infi were pushing for RF to get lynched because he's a free kill due to low posting, but: (1) he has now come back to post again; and (2) given what SSV said, there's risk in lynching someone at random (which is basically what you are suggesting) beyond just lynching a town player, as we are potentially also loving up a power role.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
RF is tpink scum or no?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Kashuno posted:

RF is tpink scum or no?

I have no idea but I've already said I'm a bit suspicious of them. Not as suspicious as I am of Bif though, who everyone seems to have forgotten about

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Stick hasn't posted in thread in 5 days and he's been out of the mason doc even longer, I'm also fine switching my vote to him.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Retro Futurist posted:

Y tho

Also I could get behind tpink. His position on me reads like I literally just showed up now and wasn't active yesterday

Retro Futurist posted:

I have no idea but I've already said I'm a bit suspicious of them. Not as suspicious as I am of Bif though, who everyone seems to have forgotten about

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yes?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Kashuno posted:

More or less, but specifically because he went SO HARD on defending you

Pretty much my defense boils down to disagreeing with you that it makes sense to lynch someone at random just because they are freely lynchable, given the potential not just for a mislynch but also for destroying a power role of another surviving mason. You just seemed to not be getting this point so I made several posts about it. :shrug:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Retro Futurist posted:

especially Kash seems to have forgotten about me, he's just all sold on tpink being this "hard defense" even though I've supported tpink's argument and agreed fully.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Kashuno posted:

You literally have no reason to vote for RF except for him being freely lynchable. Given the way that at least some power roles seem to be structured in this game, I think that doesn't make sense.

• Locked thread