Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Kirkland khakis are pretty nice and durable; flat-front pants too, so you don't get that big pleated grandpa look

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Gonna go to the 'Tco to get big rear end seasoning jars that my colonial :newzealand: wife can't ignore.

We are a Costco household now can't be having bland tacos.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

TBeats posted:

Costco doesn't take MasterCard and that is stupid so basically Costco is really stupid

:wrong:

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

"With AmEx, Costco was paying about 0.6% per transaction, Bloomberg reported. Now, it’s paying less than 0.4%, according to the article. That’s much lower than the 2% to 3% fees many stores pay." - some dumb website

Costco pays basically nothing by going with Visa, and those savings are passed down to me. Praise be to Costco.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Peachfart posted:

"With AmEx, Costco was paying about 0.6% per transaction, Bloomberg reported. Now, it’s paying less than 0.4%, according to the article. That’s much lower than the 2% to 3% fees many stores pay." - some dumb website

Costco pays basically nothing by going with Visa, and those savings are passed down to me. Praise be to Costco.

I am not hip to Costco and went with someone else who is a member and I had to go back home and get my Visa :mad: because who tf doesn't take MasterCard are you serious

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

TBeats posted:

I am not hip to Costco

Mods? Mods??

Mods ?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

TBeats posted:

I am not hip to Costco and went with someone else who is a member and I had to go back home and get my Visa :mad: because who tf doesn't take MasterCard are you serious

NOT from the same well

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

TBeats posted:

Credit fees are a huge cost for a business. Making an extra 2% on each transaction means that 1.50 1/4 lb all beef hot dogs can continue to be cheap and wonderful.
And who leaves credit cards at home? Don't you own a wallet?

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
Lmao @ stupid retard Amex for giving up their Costco deal due to nothing but their own greed.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

AmEx deserves to stay in the 20th Century with Diner's Club and whoever still uses Discover.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Discover is pretty a ok friend

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Dr. Capco posted:

Lmao @ stupid retard Amex for giving up their Costco deal due to nothing but their own greed.

now now it wasn't just because of their greed.

it's also because they think they're a highly prestigious brand that shouldn't be hobnobbing with lowly proles

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

ElGroucho posted:

Kirkland khakis are pretty nice and durable; flat-front pants too, so you don't get that big pleated grandpa look

I can't say anything about the khakis but the clothes at costco are generally pretty nice and durable and comfy and cheap. I have a lot of sweaters and hoodies and poo poo from there, also the kirkland boxer briefs really are nice

Centrist Dad
Nov 13, 2007

When I see your posting
College Slice
Thinking about upping my Costco game and buying a leather sectional for the living room from the 'stco. $2100 for a set, that's like...the price of 1400 hot dogs. Should I take the plunge?

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

i LOVE LOVE LOVE that Costco stocks local beers here in Dallas.

Sam's only carried national brands.

Do they carry local beers in every city? Costco is rad for parties (I am an attractive and popular guy with loads of friends)

Oyak posted:

Thinking about upping my Costco game and buying a leather sectional for the living room from the 'stco. $2100 for a set, that's like...the price of 1400 hot dogs. Should I take the plunge?

Yes, Costco deserves all of your money and more.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Who the gently caress doesn't have a Visa card on them first hand and then some other dumb card for other things?

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Yeah my costco has lots of Portland beers and Oregon wines. Also a lot of other west coast beers, and they have a case of this new zealand one that I like, too

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Teikanmi posted:

Who the gently caress doesn't have a Visa card on them first hand and then some other dumb card for other things?

Also is it a recent thing because back in eahhhh 2013 our Costco didn't take visa, and only took MC or Amex. Crazy if it's flipped between the two major processors

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.
I had 17-or-so (not pairs) random short socks. Decided to toss them and got 60 pairs of identical socks from Costco. Now if I lose one it doesn't matter as they all match, and I don't need to think about socks for the better part of a decade. Got a 1/4 pound PLUS polish with 20 oz drink with free refill on the way out, didn't bring my cart in the food line, got sauerkraut from the lady, added poo poo loads of onion, deli mustard and relish. Also told a guy about the sauerkraut and he went back to the counter to get some to add to his dog. Am I doing this right?

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

smoobles posted:

i LOVE LOVE LOVE that Costco stocks local beers here in Dallas.

Sam's only carried national brands.

Do they carry local beers in every city? Costco is rad for parties (I am an attractive and popular guy with loads of friends)

Yes, Costco deserves all of your money and more.

Yup, they're the only cold beers in the place. Pretty neat seeing the little microbrewery a relative helped found being sold at Costco.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

The North Tower posted:

I had 17-or-so (not pairs) random short socks. Decided to toss them and got 60 pairs of identical socks from Costco. Now if I lose one it doesn't matter as they all match, and I don't need to think about socks for the better part of a decade. Got a 1/4 pound PLUS polish with 20 oz drink with free refill on the way out, didn't bring my cart in the food line, got sauerkraut from the lady, added poo poo loads of onion, deli mustard and relish. Also told a guy about the sauerkraut and he went back to the counter to get some to add to his dog. Am I doing this right?

pepper flakes? otherwise that looks pretty right

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Anyone gonna brave the crowds this beautiful Memorial Day Weekend for some sicknasty deals and a dog/slice?

I probably will.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Memorial Day weekend is probably their busiest time outside of Black Friday, so be prepared for some seriously long lines.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
It will give me more time to choose between a delicious dog or a big greasy slize of za. :yum:

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Why not both?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Teikanmi posted:

Why not both?

obesity leads to a shorter life, and therefor less total trips to Costco

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
the pizza in the food court is so good

how do they do it?!

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Rutibex posted:

The AMA should use that in their PSAs and consumer literature.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Oyak posted:

Depends. How long do you think you'll have the couch and is it longer than long will it take you to eat 1400 hot dogs?

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

the mean lunch lady posted:

how do they do it?!

like dis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk4sJU2jlyc

Rutibex posted:

This is America you can't tell me what to do motherFUCKER

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

TBeats posted:

Why didn't you just use your Mastercard in the ATM that is by the door in most Costcos. Pretty sure cash would've worked at the register. Or, like, take the more accepted card with you.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Meydey posted:

Why didn't you just use your Mastercard in the ATM that is by the door in most Costcos. Pretty sure cash would've worked at the register. Or, like, take the more accepted card with you.

Because it was a credit card and I don't remember what my pin for my credit card is and I didn't know they didn't accept MasterCard when I left, Mr. IDIOT

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

how do they do it?!

they dont skimp on the cheese, which is real good

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Chinatown posted:

they dont skimp on the cheese, which is real good

I like my women like I like my pizza...

Hot and from Costco.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

how do they do it?!

I love watching their pizza robots

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

June is up for real this time

https://www.costco.com/warehouse-coupon-offers.html

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Real talk the kirkland frozen pizza is one of my favorite pizza of all time. and I prefer it by far to the food court.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
that ultrawide monitor deal is pretty good :ohdear:

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
I have been eating costco dogs for weeks. It's a commitment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Chinatown posted:

Anyone gonna brave the crowds this beautiful Memorial Day Weekend for some sicknasty deals and a dog/slice?

I probably will.

Hell no. I don't go on weekends because I don't want to have to fight like 500 people and especially not on a holiday weekend. I love the 'co and you can't get 1/4lb PLUS dogs and 20oz drinks with free refills for $1.50 in jail.

I will go once the new deals start, if only because I'm almost out of tp and that Cottonelle deal is looking real smoooooooth, to go with my discounted cookies and protein bars and the aforementioned dog/drink.