Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

They already released her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I would really like to ask why

But I know why

EDIT: Looked it up because I was bleakly curious and oh. It's just, a Renamon and Rika statue thing. Like, in no way sexualized.

Okay that's not what I was expecting at all. In my defense, I thought it was going to be a situation like that recent Android 18 statue, or any of the Ultra Monster Girl statues that exist to piss me off.

Apparently the Digimon statues save that only for the designs with actual boobs. That's almost restrained of them

Burkion fucked around with this message at 17:45 on May 25, 2017

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

They were releasing Tamers characters with their partners and she and Ruki are two of the most popular characters from that show?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

TFRazorsaw posted:

They were releasing Tamers characters with their partners and she and Ruki are two of the most popular characters from that show?

I edited my post after seeing what it actually looked like

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
There's also a Sakuyamon statue.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
There was an Angewomon/LadyDevimon cat fight in S1, I can't pretend to be even remotely surprised.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
It's still a sexy "Look at me!" pose, but it's nowhere near as bad as that Angewomon/Hikari partner set that came out a year or two ago. We get it, they've got boobs and butts, they don't need to do a Frank Cho / Milo Manara pose.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnNVB4_r4DE

Is still too expensive but drat if ain't pretty. It also does credence to the idea that WarGreymon was designed with the toy in mind and not viceversa. Same with Metal Garurumon.

Is going to be interesting to see how they work the rest of the Chosen Digimon.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The diecast parts are probably what's driving the price up, along with the construction and stability improvements they mentioned.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnNVB4_r4DE

Is still too expensive but drat if ain't pretty. It also does credence to the idea that WarGreymon was designed with the toy in mind and not viceversa. Same with Metal Garurumon.

Is going to be interesting to see how they work the rest of the Chosen Digimon.
Transformation still looks finicky as hell. So many tiny thin breakpoints...

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Eh, the quality of the plastic itself is usually more important than the size of the joints themselves, on figures like these.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

MetalGarurumon/Gabumon, with the original version on the right.

Now this, this is a marked improvement on the original. Easily sold, here.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

okay

that's not where I expected this line to go

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
diaboromon loving rocks, and metalgarurumon too

sick nasty yo

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Metal Garurumon does look a thousand times better.

What the actual gently caress do THOSE two digivolve into though? I mean, I'm glad we're getting a villain that's not just Black War Greymon, but

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Look closely at Alphamon. He's clearly wearing parts of DORUmon as a cape.

I have no idea for Diablomon. There's no parts of Keramon, Chrysalimon, OR Infermon visible at all.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Man I forgot he came from that little guy.

Also Diaboramon just, Jesus Christ. Talk about a super unfriendly toy design. loving love it though.

It also looks like it in no way shape or form will be able to stand up without a stand. Which is fine given his noodle limbs

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

It looks like he's designed to stand in combination with his weight and laying his hands flat.

But hell, what does he evolve from???

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
His arms can prob be used to help support him, which I think pretty much all media shows him doing at some point anyway.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Translation of Japanese sources says he evolves from Keramon.

???

?????????????????

HOW?!

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The only thing I can think of is that he might work like the MagnaAngemon/Seraphimon figure, where you have to turn him around to transform him. Maybe in conjunction with his shoulder pads doing some kind of magic stuff. Knees and arms could bend both ways possibly.

Still not sure though because I don't know what the crap other shape he could go into that would fit his other forms.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Keramon has a whole other set of massively huge arms and his lower body is also tentacles.

This thing is either going to have a terrible Keramon mode, or transform using witchcraft.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Maybe they're gonna redesign Keramon in some way to work with this? I CAN see what appears to be Keramon parts of some type under the hands, so presumably the hands will flip up, and...

Ok, I'm honestly not sure.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Okay this sheds a bit of light. He has Keramon's hands folded underneath his main ones, and the other side of them is colored his purple.

Still not sure this is gonna look super great though.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Ah I was right

They ARE Seraphimoning him

That's unfortunate.

He's going to look really good straight on though!

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

At least this one isn't trying to barely hide a second said of arms immediately behind the main one, like the Seraphimon toy did.

Man, the American original toys from back in the day were not super great.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The worst part of it was you couldn't even give him like, FOUR ARM MODE or something cool like that.

Not without it looking really sad and weird and not in a good way. Like the worst conjoined twins ever.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Nothing will ever be as bad as the DNA Digivolving Silphymon though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpFYBdtjIFk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvS2bqW8D8E

Look at it

LOOK AT IT AND DESPAIR

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Any time you are both a shell former and a parts former, you did something wrong in your life.

You did something WRONG.

and of course these were the toys that I saw first. loving Hell no wonder I didn't like season 2.

The Greymon to Metal Greymon figure was actually pretty nice all things considered. Hollow as gently caress, but as a kid I always loved the fact that you put a helmet on a dinosaur that was already wearing a helmet.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Sometimes partsforming is neccessary, I dunno. And the Patamon > Angemon evolver pretty much had to be a Shellformer.

Re: partsforming, say what you will about Frontier, but I always thought the way they were able to get four distinct designs from the rearrangement and relocation of several parts from two different base toys (Agnimon and Vritramon) to pull off Human Hybrid, Beast Hybrid, Advance Hybrid, and Ancient warrior to be really clever. They really only did that for the spirits of Fire, Light, and Darkness, though.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
See it works when it works. That's the key to any 'cheating' transformation. Like, Classics Voyager Optimus Prime. No one cares that his stomach grill is a fake and the real one is on his back. It looks good and it's not intrusive.

Patamon to Angemon is, as you said, only ever going to be a shell former. That's just never not going to be a thing. And it could look pretty good too if they worked on it just right.

That Silphymon shows what the worst side of parts forming AND shell forming looks like. Not only is it kind of lazy, it also doesn't help a goddamn thing.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Yeah you're right.

https://actar.wordpress.com/2011/03/24/actars-reviews-196-spirit-digivolving-susanoomon/

God, Susanoomon was a GREAT toy though. Yeah, a good portion of KaiserGreymon and MagnaGarurumon get left aside to turn into a giant gun, but you can't go wrong with a giant gun.

Shame it had such limited distribution. Designed for Japan, but got cancelled, and only came out in limited numbers in Asia despite being solicited for the US.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

TFRazorsaw posted:

MetalGarurumon/Gabumon, with the original version on the right.

Now this, this is a marked improvement on the original. Easily sold, here.
:swoon:

Also, you know what's always bugged me? When people get upset about the dub name Diaboromon. It is a literal translation of the Japanese name that also manages to dodge the censors. It's elegant and avoids all the usual complaints with dub name changes... and people still bitched about it.

What I'm saying here is that the Digimon fandom is awful and unpleaseable.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Daemon was the best of the censor dodgers.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I don't really much care for dub names that mangle foreign words. It's not a good look.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Should have called him Carlomon.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

TFRazorsaw posted:

I don't really much care for dub names that mangle foreign words. It's not a good look.
What do you think 'Diablo' means? :confused:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

PMush Perfect posted:

What do you think 'Diablo' means? :confused:

I know what Diablo means. I'm saying mangling it for the sake of getting stuff past the censors doesn't reflect on them well, and it's also pretty pointless when you already have Angemon and Devimon running around.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Literally no one important cares about "how it makes them look" whatever the gently caress that means.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

TFRazorsaw posted:

I know what Diablo means. I'm saying mangling it for the sake of getting stuff past the censors doesn't reflect on them well, and it's also pretty pointless when you already have Angemon and Devimon running around.
Personally, I think "Diaboromon" flows better when spoken aloud.