Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flynt
Dec 30, 2006
Triggerhappy and gunshy

angerbeet posted:

Yeah what the helllllllllllllll I guess that's what hard living gets you

Ru looked really good this episode, that dress was gorgeous, which makes sense as Zaldy is her main dressmaker. What the gently caress Nina using the Crayola Model Magic? Terrible.

This was probably the best episode of the season so far, although having Kesha who is no longer Ke$ha I guess? as a guest judge and not using a song? Choices.

I don't think she owns her songs and with all the legal stuff going on it's not surprising they can't play her songs. And from what I understand she gained weight when she got help for her eating disorder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Oh man Untucked is just kind of sad.

twistedbutterfly
Jan 20, 2007
Nina is even more exhausting in Untucked.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
nina really bummed me out I'm glad she's gone

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Sarge killed it. I hope Sarge can pickup some of those lucrative four figure bookings.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

angerbeet posted:

This was probably the best episode of the season so far, although having Kesha who is no longer Ke$ha I guess? as a guest judge and not using a song? Choices.

I got super jazzed when I saw she was a judge because I was hoping they'd use one of her songs...nope...oh well. It was a good song choice in the end I mean.

Winter Green, all dragged up, felt really familar to me. Like I've seen that drag queen somewhere before. Maybe just because she looked like a really classic queen.

loved that the makeover'd crew got to stand on the main stage for judging. I'm pretty sure they've never done that for a makeover before? Obviously it's because they're already part of the crew and used to being around the show...I loved it. I loved all the judges losing their poo poo at Winter Green.

Nina: I almost want to do a...Charlie number :v: I mean you might as well have. Nina's elimination was inevitable now, but I do wish she'd have done a different silhouette. Oh well, bye bitch! Hope you get those bookings tho.

I really loved Ru's suit this episode. I wish I could pull something like that off, drat. What a Look.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

angerbeet posted:

Yeah what the helllllllllllllll I guess that's what hard living gets you

or you know an emotionally abusive producer out to ruin your career

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'm sad Nina is gone and I'd go see her in a heartbeat if she comes over here but that was probably the most cathartic way she could have gone out for me

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Also ya Kesha has been hosed over a lot and she looks pretty good in general let alone for someone recovering from an eating disorder and a history of abuse

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
I want to marry Rizzo and/or Sarge

Holy gently caress that runway was busted, glad to see Nina FINALLY go.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I haven't fallen in love with a straight dude doing drag this hard since that jerk off cop apologised to chad micheals in season 4

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Sarge is one of the strongest queens this season

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

drowned in pussy juice posted:

I'm sad Nina is gone and I'd go see her in a heartbeat if she comes over here but that was probably the most cathartic way she could have gone out for me

Oh yeah, totally agreed. I mean, there's very few queens that I wouldn't go see, so.

vvv So does Kesha :shrug:

big dyke energy fucked around with this message at 05:15 on May 27, 2017

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

drowned in pussy juice posted:

Also ya Kesha has been hosed over a lot and she looks pretty good in general let alone for someone recovering from an eating disorder and a history of abuse

Eh Brit Brit still looks good

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
Kesha looked really good wtf are you on about

I'll fight you

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Troposphere posted:

Kesha looked really good wtf are you on about

I'll fight you

Agreed I thought she was great

Honestly Nina was doomed no matter what, especially against Shea, but she was really really meant to go home last week.
At least we got to see that she hasn't learned anything at all, and is the first queen to leave Drag Race with her inner saboteur entirely intact.
Alexis is not long for this world and I have a feeling Peppermint is 4th.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
E:Weird random butt post YouTube link

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Magikarpal Tunnel posted:

loved that the makeover'd crew got to stand on the main stage for judging. I'm pretty sure they've never done that for a makeover before?

Skimming through the makeover episodes, it looks like the drag sisters are always on stage for the judges' feedback.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Honestly I just don't care much who wins past this point. They're all competent, but none really knocks me out. I'm just glad it's not Nina Bonina Bring Back Valentina And Take Some Celexa Brown.

Trig Discipline fucked around with this message at 13:13 on May 27, 2017

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Trig Discipline posted:

Honestly I just don't care much who wins past this point. They're all competent, but none really knocks me out. I'm just glad it's not Nina Bonina Bring Back Valentina And Take Some Celexa Brown.

...except for serena alexis

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah but I figure that's such a foregone conclusion that it's hardly worth mentioning.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I kinda wished Nina stayed because I want to see her kill someone

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Tired Moritz posted:

I kinda wished Nina stayed because I want to see her kill someone
It would just be herself and rather than twitch or let out a death rattle she'd have her eyes fixed on Shea and her last words would be "I just want to say, umm, that some people here umm, they umm, have it out for me and have always hated me."

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

trinitys star continues to rise!! love her, a standout in an otherwise relatively "safe" season

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

shadow puppet of a posted:

It would just be herself and rather than twitch or let out a death rattle she'd have her eyes fixed on Shea and her last words would be "I just want to say, umm, that some people here umm, they umm, have it out for me and have always hated me."

lol

Other girls would be like "girl nobody is choking you but yourself" and Nina would say "I know and I try not to but..."

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
You don't need to use spoiler tags for an episode that has aired. Anybody who ventures into this thread while an episode is airing, or has already aired, without watching it, should know better.

Also, Rizzo is hot AF.

Bye, Nina. You won't be missed. Those cancerous growths on her cheeks and that wet construction paper for ears and hair, that was lazy lazy lazy.

And she is just so insufferable in Untucked this week. Laying down on the couch and not saying a word, until she gets up to complain about how insecure she is. Ugh. AND THEN, she lays back down AGAIN.

Also I'm bummed that the Hamburger Mary's closed here in DC before I even moved here.

Nihonniboku fucked around with this message at 15:04 on May 27, 2017

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Not that I'm not glad she is gone but Nina is kind of great because she managed to defeat Ru's well worn, Trinity K Bonet-perfected "honey, its you" playbook that she has been lazily running on one queen every season.

Nina came in a miserable lump, stayed that way through the show and left a miserable lump. That is an achievement in itself.

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."

loved that the makeover'd crew got to stand on the main stage for judging. I'm pretty sure they've never done that for a makeover before?

How can you forget S6's wedding makeover challenge with the super-uncomfortable basketball player who had to leave the stage during critiques so he could throw up into a bucket?

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

angerbeet posted:

Oh man Untucked is just kind of sad.

No kidding. Alexis immediately hijacking the conversation to do her defensive excuses thing and then Nina wanting to die in the same frame.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
the camera men are very cute in this show

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Tacopocalypse posted:

How can you forget S6's wedding makeover challenge with the super-uncomfortable basketball player who had to leave the stage during critiques so he could throw up into a bucket?

I have a bad memory, ok?

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Winter Green for Miss Congeniality.

Also Kesha is still real cute and Nina sucks holy poo poo I'm glad she's gone. I don't think there's ever been a contestant with an attitude that garbage on the show.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Yodzilla posted:

Also Kesha is still real cute and Nina sucks holy poo poo I'm glad she's gone. I don't think there's ever been a contestant with an attitude that garbage on the show.

Yeah, it's funny because I really liked her at the beginning of the season, but I got really tired of her rear end very quickly. When she actually brings her A game she's pretty amazing on stage, but god drat I never want to see her off stage ever again. I imagine she's going to be the first RPDR queen to sell tickets to her show that are actually cheaper with the meet and greet.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

loved that the makeover'd crew got to stand on the main stage for judging. I'm pretty sure they've never done that for a makeover before? Obviously it's because they're already part of the crew and used to being around the show...I loved it. I loved all the judges losing their poo poo at Winter Green.

The partners always stand on the runway during deliberations in the makeover episodes. Then they always watch the results from the Untucked lounge/Untucked backstage area. Every season.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

esperterra posted:

The partners always stand on the runway during deliberations in the makeover episodes. Then they always watch the results from the Untucked lounge/Untucked backstage area. Every season.

Obviously I forget everything in every previous season as soon as I start watching a new one. I'm sorry for my dumb post!

Untucked was pretty predictable, huh? Alexis bitching that she didn't get praise from the judges, Nina totally tuning out... And Peppermint just loving DONE, not that I blame her. I don't dislike Nina, but she isn't fun to watch as a television personality. At all.

It wasn't really apparent on the runway, but Bae's makeup did look really nice. If Shae had just done a better job with the details she could have placed pretty high this week (tho I don't think she could have won over Trinity's makeover), and it would have been Alexis v. Nina in the lipsync.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

That was such an appropriate end for Nina. She lost the LSFYL to her own brain.

Oh well, she was right about one thing: At least now Untucked isn't the Nina Negativity Hour.

Now, hopefully next week we can see it no longer be the Alexis Michelle Lecture Series on Alexis.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

flynt posted:

I don't think she owns her songs and with all the legal stuff going on it's not surprising they can't play her songs. And from what I understand she gained weight when she got help for her eating disorder.

Basically, I don't think I've ever liked a Kesha song but for her to completely gently caress her career by confronting the industry (see also: Dr Luke), I can't help but admire the poo poo out of her. If I were in her position, I wouldn't be strong enough to take to court; I'd probably be a pussy about it, honestly. We need 100 more of her. And I think she looked loving great on the episode + I loved how Wintergreen cracked her up.

I'll miss Nina Bonina Andre Charles, but it was her time to go.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
how can you not like tik tok

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
Or cannibal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Inadequate Areolas posted:

Basically, I don't think I've ever liked a Kesha song but for her to completely gently caress her career by confronting the industry (see also: Dr Luke), I can't help but admire the poo poo out of her.

yeah this x1000000 except the part where I like a few Kesha songs

how has Alexis not been set home? but also, lmao at being top 6 and not knowing how to sew in 2017.

• Locked thread