Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Dammit I read the comments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

xzzy posted:

Dammit I read the comments.

Why did you read the comments?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

PT6A posted:

The sex must have been amazing, I can't imagine putting up with
This is the start of my internal monologue in so many different instances.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
Not that they'd see it, but it actually says "Police" on the side of the SUV...

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Saw this about an hour ago. That trailer is made out of a wheelchair. (Quality one, not a hospital chair)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
That photo reminded me of something I saw at 12 Hours of Seabring last year. Some idiot managed to get his F-250 stuck in a ditch outside the track, and when he couldn't reverse out his buddy grabbed a couple bungee cords (I poo poo you not) and tried to tow him out with his Corvette. It would have been funny as hell if not for the fact that they could have seriously injured​ someone.

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

Cop Explorers can have the 3.5L twin turbo V6 from the Taurus SHO. They're no slouches.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Theris posted:

Cop Explorers can have the 3.5L twin turbo V6 from the Taurus SHO. They're no slouches.

Also the same engine in the Ford GT! :eng101:

Well, same displacement and turbos. Sure as hell not the same tune.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

iospace posted:

Also the same engine in the Ford GT! :eng101:

Well, same displacement and turbos. Sure as hell not the same tune.

60% of the same parts as the engine in the Ford GT! :goonsay:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Powershift posted:

60% of the same parts as the engine in the Ford GT! :goonsay:

Yup :eng99:

I know someone, somewhere, is going to get a SHO up to the same HP as the GT.

And it will be glorious.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

iospace posted:

And it will be glorious.

It's even better that that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIMsgZgeb4M

600WHP flex!

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
http://i.imgur.com/QwBPMLC.mp4

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Everything about this is perfect.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

If only that was a MAGA hat.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

iospace posted:

And it will be glorious.

My 85 year old grandfather came to me a few weeks ago and said it was time for him to get a new car. He was driving a regular 2011 Taurus at the time. We discussed the available cars at the time and he had some criteria. He said it had to be AWD, had to be American or German, had to be easy to get in and out of, and had to have tons of trunk space, and had to be a sedan. After talking about a bunch of cars we came to the conclusion he should just get a new Taurus. A couple weeks later the grandparents have us over for dinner and he takes me out to the garage and said "so I got a new car". I check it out and he's got a fully loaded 2017 SHO. He didn't even know what he'd bought. This guy drives the speed limit or below. He's 85. When I saw what it was I got excited and I was impressed, but I really think he was tricked into buying a $40k SHO when a regular taurus would do the job for him. If I'm not mistaken the SHO has a harsher ride from the low profile tires and the suspension. Not exactly what your typical set of grandparents in their 80s are looking for. He's not a car guy and not they type to buy for performance.

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 14:06 on May 26, 2017

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

BigPaddy posted:

If only that was a MAGA hat.

It would be extra great, since the clip is from Australia

Grater
Jul 11, 2001
Might seem like a nice guy, but cross me once...

Theris posted:

Not all of them have the 3.5 Ecoboost. Early ones were the NA V6 and it's still the standard option, Ecoboost being available: http://www.ford.com/fordpoliceinterceptor/models/#/utility/

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

shortspecialbus posted:

It would be extra great, since the clip is from Australia

Then it would only be MAG

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Or more likely FOWF

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

mobby_6kl posted:

Or more likely FOWF

One of my favorite australian experences is talking to this woman who explained how they just couldn't take any more immigrants because they were full. She then told me, however, that I should move to australia because they had loads of jobs for people like me.
I'm white as gently caress

Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!

Geoj posted:

Video from this.

Prior to 3 minutes is a bunch of back and forth watching him in my mirrors if you want to see it.

I appreciate his conscientious use of turn signals while aggressively maneuvering around your car.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

GutBomb posted:

My 85 year old grandfather came to me a few weeks ago and said it was time for him to get a new car. He was driving a regular 2011 Taurus at the time. We discussed the available cars at the time and he had some criteria. He said it had to be AWD, had to be American or German, had to be easy to get in and out of, and had to have tons of trunk space, and had to be a sedan. After talking about a bunch of cars we came to the conclusion he should just get a new Taurus. A couple weeks later the grandparents have us over for dinner and he takes me out to the garage and said "so I got a new car". I check it out and he's got a fully loaded 2017 SHO. He didn't even know what he'd bought. This guy drives the speed limit or below. He's 85. When I saw what it was I got excited and I was impressed, but I really think he was tricked into buying a $40k SHO when a regular taurus would do the job for him. If I'm not mistaken the SHO has a harsher ride from the low profile tires and the suspension. Not exactly what your typical set of grandparents in their 80s are looking for. He's not a car guy and not they type to buy for performance.

Jesus.

Where are the laws to mandate getting your license renewed with a test every 5 years

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I miss my '95 SHO 5 speed. That was fun.

Edit: Just to add, it had about the most glorious intake manifold in existence. They shoehorned that thing in with Vaseline.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

GutBomb posted:

Make sure that you getting the SHO is in his will.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

Colostomy Bag posted:

I miss my '95 SHO 5 speed. That was fun.

Edit: Just to add, it had about the most glorious intake manifold in existence. They shoehorned that thing in with Vaseline.

I had a '91 with the 5 speed. That thing was awesome. Later I got a '97 with the tiny V8 in it. That one was cool too, a little more luxury than sport but still got the job done even it was an auto.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

GutBomb posted:

He might have been tricked, but some people think most expensive = best version.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Is the sho one of those performance cars that has to be wrung out or you'll ruin it?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

VideoTapir posted:

Is the sho one of those performance cars that has to be wrung out or you'll ruin it?

No, it's basically a mass market pickup truck engine.

A detuned mass market pickup truck engine, even.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

bigbillystyle posted:

I had a '91 with the 5 speed. That thing was awesome. Later I got a '97 with the tiny V8 in it. That one was cool too, a little more luxury than sport but still got the job done even it was an auto.

Too bad about cam failures on that one.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

Colostomy Bag posted:

Too bad about cam failures on that one.

The one I bought had the cams welded. It was some lady that was a V8 SHO enthusiast. She was moving and needed to unload some of her inventory. She had a fully restored one that she drove, one in the garage in pieces, one in the driveway in pieces and the one that I bought. Of the other two she had in pieces, there was one with a bad motor and good tranny and one with a bad tranny and a good motor she was combining into 1 good car. She was pretty hardcore doing engine and tranny swaps in a driveway/garage with no lift. The one she sold me was solid except for a few cosmetic rust spots around the hood that were already bondo'd and primed. $1500 bucks on Ebay back in like 2008 I think.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
missed your turn in a parking lot? just slam on your brakes, flip on your reverse lights, and you're fine

good thing i laid on my horn in time

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71fKHsSetY4

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
I'm expecting my trip to work tomorrow to be a poo poo fight now that they've opened a new on ramp on the motorway I use to get to work. It's supposed to take some of the load off the one after it but given it's within 2 kms of the next one it's just going to make it a car park full of weaving

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Anybody who isn't a road warrior sperg looking for footage to upload to their channel would've safely driven around and probably rolled their eyes at the idiots.

This fucko was basically tailgating and had less vision when he overtook at the end.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Chilling in the waiting room of a auto shop waiting for work on my car to finish, overhear a service rep informing a customer that his brake pads are down to 2mm and are covered by a 'lifetime guarantee' for replacement.

Guy puts on his serious face for a moment before being all "ok thanks for that information, I'll get that done next time."

2mm isn't the danger zone yet, but if it's free and they already got your car in the air, why not put new pads on? :iiam:

Especially considering "next time" is probably 10,000 miles down the road.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

This is gonna shock you, but people are really, really, really dumb.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Well I gotta vent somewhere.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Vent through sarcasm. Go tell the guy they're obviously just trying to scam him.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

xzzy posted:

Well I gotta vent somewhere.

That guy is going to be livid once he finds out that 0mm brake pads = beyond their lifetime. Thus the lifetime guarantee no longer applies. He's going to scream: "WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Tank Boy Ken posted:

That guy is going to be livid once he finds out that 0mm brake pads = beyond their lifetime. Thus the lifetime guarantee no longer applies. He's going to scream: "WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME!"

Even better is when they find out that the rotors are going to have to be replaced and "dumbfuck" isn't covered under the guarantee.