Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I finally found something that is NOT a good deal at CostCo... Car Rentals.

I've used the CostCo vacations before, they have some excellent bargains on packages. But if you just need to rent a car? I found better values, and a wider selection, on American Express Travel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Taking my wife on a date to Costco tonight. Gonna give her a 1/4 lb all beef dog.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Spent the last few hours programming my pirated amiibo powertags, gonna us my savings to buy a Costco dog.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Bum the Sad posted:

Spent the last few hours programming my pirated amiibo powertags, gonna us my savings to buy a Costco dog.

MODS!!!!!!!!!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

FogHelmut posted:

Taking my wife on a date to Costco tonight. Gonna give her a 1/4 lb all beef dog.

(With Refill) :grin:

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

My wife just told me my daughters are running low on conditioner. Sure hope they can make it until the 1st when the new deals start.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Chinatown posted:

Anyone gonna brave the crowds this beautiful Memorial Day Weekend for some sicknasty deals and a dog/slice?

I probably will.

Trip report: expected it to be busy before the holiday weekend, but it was almost deserted. The fine employees at checkout all said that they're dreading tomorrow, as it's one of their busiest days of the year. Helped balance out their weekend bottom line with a $512 cart today.

Heck yeah I filled up on the $1.50 dog with soda and refill AND got a 12 pack from the fridge section along with sesame seed hoagie rolls, so we will be grilling up them all beef hot dogs all weekend long :patriot:

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Real talk the kirkland frozen pizza is one of my favorite pizza of all time. and I prefer it by far to the food court.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjXyhJbEhO8

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
you can get a whole pizza from the food court for ten dollars

thats insane

if u bought that at some bitch rear end pizza hut or whatever itd cost you at least twenty five

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Magikarpal Tunnel posted:

you can get a whole pizza from the food court for ten dollars

thats insane

if u bought that at some bitch rear end pizza hut or whatever itd cost you at least twenty five

Also it's bigger, tastier and a fuckload fresher than frozen pizza hut garbage

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
ive eaten sandwiches that have cost more than an entire Costco za. Kinda blows my mind.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Costco Iceland opened this week. Over 40k memberships sold, the island only has 330k people. They were running out of shopping carts on Thursday :getin:

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
In tough financial times Costco is even better for the people

Praise be to Sinegal

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
Went to Costco today to get kitty litter, ended up leaving after spending 180 bux. Good thing THE WIFE wasn't with me, it would have been 300+ easy.

Had the $1.50 sacrament, mustard and kraut. PBUC.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

SpannerX posted:

Went to Costco today to get kitty litter, ended up leaving after spending 180 bux. Good thing THE WIFE wasn't with me, it would have been 300+ easy.

Had the $1.50 sacrament, mustard and kraut. PBUC.

I LOVE the Kirkland kitty litter, great stuff.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Squashy Nipples posted:

I LOVE the Kirkland kitty litter, great stuff.

our savings on kitty litter at costco almost pays for our membership. the little fuckers don't deserve the quality they are getting but what do you do?

marxismftw
Apr 16, 2010

I gotta get new tires and I'm gonna get them at Costco store numero uno

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
THE WIFE is testing out a new noodle bowl i bought today, pho. i got them for work, but she can be the guinea pig.

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

Going to Costco today. We're on a health kick, any suggestions for non-poo poo food to bring back? I'm grabbing a bag of normandy mix and stir fry veg mix. It's gonna be hard to not get a dog though.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Where else can I get 4000 calories for $6?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Costco Iceland opened this week. Over 40k memberships sold, the island only has 330k people. They were running out of shopping carts on Thursday :getin:
:wth:

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

DustyNuts posted:

Going to Costco today. We're on a health kick, any suggestions for non-poo poo food to bring back? I'm grabbing a bag of normandy mix and stir fry veg mix. It's gonna be hard to not get a dog though.

Vitamins, fish oil and medicines. Whatever fruit you think you can finish/freeze. Same for fresh vegetables. Kirkland greek yogurt is a good deal too, the plain tubs or the single cups with fruit.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

The Mother Casket.

Most people probably don't realize that Costco has an entire funeral category, selling coffins in most states. Beyond caskets, which cost between $949.99 and $2,999.99, the company also sells a variety of urns.

Costco's coffins, sold in partnership with Universal Casket Co., are very well reviewed.

"This purchase took much pressure off the difficult time of dealing with Mom's funeral," reads a review of the solid five-star rated Mother Casket. "She would have loved it, and it was her wish to do this... Funeral costs are very high, and this product and the people we dealt with were caring and professional."

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I forget where I heard the quote from, but the entire reason they opened the Iceland one is because a significant percentage of the Newfie sales were to Icelandic fishermen.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Working in the humid nightmare today on lawn work, when our friend shows up with miracle pizza

Let the KIDS!! eat what they want!

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

binge crotching posted:

I forget where I heard the quote from, but the entire reason they opened the Iceland one is because a significant percentage of the Newfie sales were to Icelandic fishermen.

Canuckastan forwarding the truth of Costco. Truly the chosen ones.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Any 'stco goons dare experience the hell that has got to be Costco on the Saturday of Memorial Day Weekend?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I went again this morning to a different Costco to make a return and fill my other car with gas. Did a single lap to sample the samples. The food court in this one is indoors.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

binge crotching posted:

Huh that's interesting, I used to work at a Seattle area Costco and we'd get fishermen (including the Deadiest Catch guys) buying groceries by the flatbed.

Kassoon
Nov 16, 2005

gonna hit you with his cockatrice
Can I get a box for this thread please? Thanks. Huh? Oh, sure I'll donate a dollar. Cheers.

*leaves thread, hands you receipt to check first*

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

BaconCopter posted:

Any 'stco goons dare experience the hell that has got to be Costco on the Saturday of Memorial Day Weekend?

I drove by ours and it was loving packed to the rafters, all spaces full and lines of cars circling endlessly

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

just shove past the gate checker

what the gently caress are they going to do?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

HATECUBE posted:

just shove past the gate checker

what the gently caress are they going to do?

Detain you and call the cops

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I drove by ours and it was loving packed to the rafters, all spaces full and lines of cars circling endlessly

God I love how people are so lazy that they will circle in a parking lot for 20 minutes instead parking an extra 30 second walk away

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I'm on vacation on Iceland currently and was actually at the Costco on Thursday and confirm it was crazy. The membership line when I was there was like 300 people deep and growing. Costco had filled its parking lot and was starting to take over the nearby Bonus grocery store and IKEA parking lot.

The Costco itself is pretty similar to the ones in the states with some minor differences. Everything in Iceland is about 2-3 times more expensive than the US. They still have a food court and a gas station. The gas station was about 20 cents cheaper per liter than all the other gas stations in Iceland. We met a retired US army guy that was working as a gas station attendant and he was pretty cool. He moved back a few years ago when he retired because his wife is Icelandic. The food court was pretty good too. It's more expensive than US but still a good deal compared to rest of the island. Iceland has hot dog shacks everywhere that they are proud of but the Costco dog blows them away with 1/4 lb of tube meat goodness. Here is a pic of the food court (100kr = 1 USD)

edit: PBUC

slave to my cravings fucked around with this message at 13:44 on May 29, 2017

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I can identify all of those things expect for Sveitabaka. What the hell is that? I don't think I can pronounce it, either.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Squashy Nipples posted:

I can identify all of those things expect for Sveitabaka. What the hell is that? I don't think I can pronounce it, either.

I think it's a shepards pie

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

slave to my cravings posted:

I'm on vacation on Iceland currently and was actually at the Costco on Thursday and confirm it was crazy. The membership line when I was there was like 300 people deep and growing. Costco had filled its parking lot and was starting to take over the nearby Bonus grocery store and IKEA parking lot.

The Costco itself is pretty similar to the ones in the states with some minor differences. Everything in Iceland is about 2-3 times more expensive than the US. They still have a food court and a gas station. The gas station was about 20 cents cheaper per liter than all the other gas stations in Iceland. We met a retired US army guy that was working as a gas station attendant and he was pretty cool. He moved back a few years ago when he retired because his wife is Icelandic. The food court was pretty good too. It's more expensive than US but still a good deal compared to rest of the island. Iceland has hot dog shacks everywhere that they are proud of but the Costco dog blows them away with 1/4 of tube meat goodness. Here is a pic of the food court (100kr = 1 USD)

edit: PBUC
:eyepop:
$4 for a dog? wow Iceland is some kind of hell punishment island, i'm really sorry

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Rutibex posted:

:eyepop:
$4 for a dog? wow Iceland is some kind of hell punishment island, i'm really sorry

$4 was cheap compared to rest of the island prices. A little wiener Iceland dog was at least 4.50 everywhere else. The Iceland Costco food court didn't have a onion roller thing though.

edit: the rotisserie chicken was $12. About in line with everything else.

slave to my cravings fucked around with this message at 13:42 on May 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

slave to my cravings posted:

The Iceland Costco food court didn't have a onion roller thing though.
Dear god it is a hellscape.