Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I just saw the deliberate behind decision in the Tigers bombers game. What a disgraceful free kick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Yay go Crows.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
A free kick in the square for a rushed behind is such an over the top punishment. Make it a ball up at the top of the square.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
The thing that shits me most about it is that the only reason there was no applied pressure was because the essendon forward turned and appealed for a free kick. The Richmond defender had no way of knowing this, so he just went hammer and tongs for a spoil. In other words, the rule created the situation that saw a ball being rushed without pressure.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Turned the game off at 30 points down after a half and a bit of absolute dross and needing to drive past Werribee to see a mate anyway. Saw the score a few hours later, what the gently caress

It's been a very frustrating season but I guess if you told me when Gawn and Spencer went down that we'd make it to the bye 5-5 with the 4th best percentage and having been within a point during every final quarter I probably would take it?

Solemn Sloth fucked around with this message at 23:26 on May 27, 2017

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Solemn Sloth posted:

Turned the game off at 30 points down after a half and a bit of absolute dross and needing to drive past Werribee to see a mate anyway. Saw the score a few hours later, what the gently caress

It's been a very frustrating season but I guess if you told me when Gawn and Spencer went down that we'd make it to the bye 5-5 with the 4th best percentage and having been within a point during every final quarter I probably would take it?

You should consider yourself lucky that you aren't a Saints supporter.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

hiddenmovement posted:

The thing that shits me most about it is that the only reason there was no applied pressure was because the essendon forward turned and appealed for a free kick. The Richmond defender had no way of knowing this, so he just went hammer and tongs for a spoil. In other words, the rule created the situation that saw a ball being rushed without pressure.

Yeah, exactly. The only reason he wasn't under pressure was the bomber pulled up to ask for a free before he even rushed it instead of continuing to chase. The rule is a complete joke.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Periphery posted:

You should consider yourself lucky that you aren't a Saints supporter.

I'll co-sign on this.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

The people making GBS threads the bed about McCartin have the shortest memories known to man, with the exception of republican voters

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

hiddenmovement posted:

The people making GBS threads the bed about McCartin have the shortest memories known to man, with the exception of republican voters

I just stir people up about it because they were the same people making GBS threads on Boyd and saying that a number 1 draft pick taking time is a copout.

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!
Absolutely terrible umpiring in the Carlton v North game so far

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

That leg break was so hard it would have actually broken a leg if it were a cricket ball

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Weird Sandwich posted:

The umpiring is far from the story of the match

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Weird Sandwich posted:

The play on calls are baffling. Players hit the ground from taking a mark and the ump has already called for them to get rid of it.

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!

hiddenmovement posted:

The umpiring is far from the story of the match

Oh no doubt Carlton would still be getting smashed regardless, they're not able to counter the run and gun style of play yet. But bad umpiring is always annoying no matter what.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

This is a really fun game to watch tbh some of these goals have been absurd

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!
Yeah Gibbs goal that quarter was the best kind of lucky bullshit

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Gibbs with the chaos(ball)goal and a pretty drat good effort for Cuninghams first goal.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Classic norf. :allears:

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Gws jumper would be a lot better if they kept the pattern on the back to cover the whole front instead of stuck in the big coporate style G

Also it looks like the Eagles are using a different shade of blue as their background colour and it looks a bit odd

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
North have norf'd this quarter.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Lol norf coughing up a 45 point lead

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
North are the league leaders for punchable faces imo

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
What a comeback. Even if we lose this the young players should get a confidence boost knowing they can pull off such a comeback. If our Q1 was better we could have had a nice lead.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
It's happeniiiiiiiing :magical:

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!
Bold strategy by silvagni to run straight into a tackler

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

C'mon Blues, do it for my tips!

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Ah, that sucks.

The last quarter fade has cost us the last three games now. The poor first quarter in this match didn't help us either, if that comeback had of been 30 points instead of 45 we'd of had a nice lead going into 3QT. Kreuzer for All Australian though.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Chris Masten, king of the big turnovers. It's pathetic how much we're coughing it up

:fuckoff:

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Lol this game is pretty sweet, last 8 goals have been lead changes with 10 minutes left to go

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Toby Greene kicks the sealer for GWS, gross

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Oh gently caress off, the Giants deserve this though.. All these no look hospital handballs are loving so stupid.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Diet Crack posted:

Oh gently caress off, the Giants deserve this though.. All these no look hospital handballs are loving so stupid.

I don't understand how Nelson didn't get called for a free kick for body slamming Whitfield in mid air earlier

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

racing identity posted:

North are the league leaders for punchable faces imo

I would argue GWS personally.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

BrigadierSensible posted:

Shaw, Greene, Smith & Cameron makes GWS hard to top.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Testekill posted:

Shaw, Greene, Smith & Cameron makes GWS hard to top.

Don't forget Steve Johnson

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

North lost major talent last year too

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

North fly under the radar - Dumont, Clarke, Garner all deeply sockable

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
garner looks like he belongs in a tight shirt at kings cross with a fist full of pills

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

racing identity posted:

North fly under the radar - Dumont, Clarke, Garner all deeply sockable

They really lost a lot when they delisted Harvey and Firrito though

• Locked thread