Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Obviously heavily dramatized, but definitely a thing that happens. When my grandma died, her garbage company wanted some ridiculous level of documentation before they would cancel her service (like, original death certificate sent by certified mail, etc.). My dad finally just yelled "fine, ruin her credit" and hung up. Last we heard from them, AFAIK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Just... Just how big is the biggest knife on the counter? Is this a knife store? Was a customer picking up a knife that was already out of it and packaging? Do they just have random knives chilling at the counter where customers pick up their orders? :psyduck:

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Comptroll The Forums posted:

Just... Just how big is the biggest knife on the counter? Is this a knife store? Was a customer picking up a knife that was already out of it and packaging? Do they just have random knives chilling at the counter where customers pick up their orders? :psyduck:

Obviously the store provides free wrapping during christmas, and instead of cutting the paper with scissors, they take a huge butcher knife and just hack it into squares.

#lifehacks

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy

walrusman posted:

Obviously heavily dramatized, but definitely a thing that happens. When my grandma died, her garbage company wanted some ridiculous level of documentation before they would cancel her service (like, original death certificate sent by certified mail, etc.). My dad finally just yelled "fine, ruin her credit" and hung up. Last we heard from them, AFAIK.

I am still dealing with the fallout from my father's death, and for sure some of the banks I've had to deal with were completely useless, and their requirements for documentation is really over the top.

That being said, I can't imagine there is a single bank in the world that doesn't know how to deal with the death of a customer, and the estate would absolutely be on the hook for those late fees (I guess unless you get a really sympathetic person who waives it or something).

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Fathis Munk posted:

Fresh from the imgur frontpage:

That sort of thing did happen a bit when my granny died, they actually sent a bunch of collections letters demanding payment and it took a fair bit of telling them to gently caress off to get them to stop. They can't make you pay but they will try to get you to.

It's weird because, like, I'm doing you a favor by telling you, doesn't make any difference to me what you do with the account but as soon as you tell them the person's dead they get all arsey with you demanding this and that paperwork and complaining about outstanding balances. Good for you, she's still dead and there's no estate and no executor, take it or leave it.

So yeah, probably rewritten but not at all unusual in content.

Top marks to granny though for taking out a bunch of loans and then dying before paying any of them.

OwlFancier has a new favorite as of 04:21 on May 27, 2017

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫
When my mother died the banks were easy (Maybe because the estate had money and she had no debt)

The people I had the most trouble with were the junk mail providers still sending mail addressed to her, home to me.

And I don't mean the obvious junk. But the blank or official looking letters that then just contain junk.

"She's dead. She's dead. She's dead. Yes she is still dead, No I will not mail you any certificates. Stop sending loving junk mail with her name to my apartment"

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Yeah it was mostly for the sdth-rear end writing style, chain letter format and witty jokes.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

http://imgur.com/gallery/FqeQy

How do people think this is real at all? We live in a world where everyone has a camera ready to go, there's no way this happened and no one recorded any part of it.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

kazil posted:

How do people think this is real at all? We live in a world where everyone has a camera ready to go, there's no way this happened and no one recorded any part of it.

To be fair it WAS two years ago when she was tweeting this, but yeah, the director of a very popular sitcom tweeting comedy is a fact that should not be overlooked when trying to decide if this is real.

Also the picture of the girl shows no face so probably nothing happened at all and the passenger was just calling her BF

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Yes because playing a heavy brass WIND instrument while running is going to be all that easy, let alone a recognizable tune.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

But the tuba is the wacky instrument...

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Peeling her avocado like a barbarian. Just use a spoon!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

kazil posted:

The only reason I think it could be believable is because it's a 2am flight into Vegas.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

http://www.rearfront.com/response-to-teacher-punishment/?utm_medium=viralagain&utm_source=tina&utm_campaign=cpm

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

why am I getting a buffalo bill vibe from this

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
"It puts the avocado on its toast or else it gets the hose again."

"Please mister, just let me save for a house! "

"PUT THE AVOCADO ON THE loving TOAST. "

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Would you guac me? I'd guac me. I'd guac me hard

*tucks junk between legs and slow dances to mariachi music

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

"It puts the avocado on its toast or else it gets the hose again."

"Please mister, just let me save for a house! "

"PUT THE AVOCADO ON THE loving TOAST. "

Would you guac me? I'd guac me. I'd guac me hard

*tucks junk between legs and slow dances to mariachi music

:perfect:

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://www.reddit.com/r/ProRevenge/comments/6e1g4t/my_new_manager_fired_me_i_fired_his_store/

quote:

This happened about 6 years ago.
I worked at (store that sells donuts that you may or may not dunk) that was in a somewhat far off location from the rest of the city in a relatively new shopping center. I was there when the store opened, and we never really got much traffic, but there was two large car clubs that came out twice a week to meet, and chat, and generally bring our store a lot of traffic. We were told that the clubs pretty much keeps the store afloat.
I worked there for a long while, and my manager was awesome. She did a great job of keeping everything stocked, gave out hours to people who actually worked their rear end off instead of playing favorites, and she was never unfair about warnings or suspensions.
One day, she got seriously ill and had to quit. I never knew the details, but it was serious enough for her to quit her job. Then comes Swagger McAsshole, our new manager. Now, Swagger McAsshole had all the charm and wit of a rabid chihuahua. He was a generally angry man, and thought himself to be above everyone else in the store. He popped the collars of his button up shirt like he was going to bring that trend back from the dead. Needless to say, Swagger McAsshole wasn't well liked.
He fired and replaced people left and right for usually petty or outright wrong reasons, and I was the last one standing, because for some reason, I was always asked to make the regular's coffee, because I would remember their names, what they wanted, and how they liked it, and I usually had it in the process of being made as soon as I saw them walking up to the door. The car clubs knew me by name.
Enter Hannah Handjob. She started hanging around the store. A lot. Swagger McAsshole and Hannah Handjob would often hang out in the Manager's office, sometimes with the door closed. Like we didn't know what the gently caress they were doing. A short while later, I find myself fired for some bullshit reason. I think what was written on my exit paperwork (which I refused to sign) was "wasting inventory", whatever the gently caress that meant.
Sorry for the long backstory. Here comes the revenge part. Remember those car clubs I talked about? I found their website and message boards, and told them my story. They told me how incredibly lovely they thought it all was, and always thought Swagger McAsshole was a poor replacement for our old manager. Both the clubs agreed to find a different venue for their morning to late afternoon meetups.
That was the death knell for that location. Three months later, I go back to turn in my uniforms, because I'm sick of looking at them in my closet, and they're all closed up. I don't know for sure that I had anything to do with their closing, but I'm at least 80% sure the car clubs were keeping them afloat.
TL;DR: Old manager quit, new manager was an rear end in a top hat and fired everyone from the original team. I made all their business go away, and they closed.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Lab name change to Hannah handjob

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
God what an amazingly boring story that could have been told in like 1/8th the time but nooooo he had to try and be witty.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's weird he's assuming that a woman alone with a man means they're loving.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Just say you worked at loving Dunkin Donuts no one is going to fact check your fake stories

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Her last name is literally handjob though

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

oldpainless posted:

Lab name change to Hannah handjob

More like oldtugless

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Fathis Munk posted:

God what an amazingly boring story that could have been told in like 1/8th the time but nooooo he had to try and be witty.

The more I write, and the more details I include, the more credible my story becomes- right?@?@?@??!?!?

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

yeah im pretty sure just cages that aren't tamper proof and contain dangerous animals just sitting around where anyone can access them is totally legal

'haha its funny, because a dumb 'sorority' bitch almost lost her finger!'

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I believe it :(

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
But the thing in the picture isn't more than 6 inches wide? I call shenanigans.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Turtlicious posted:

It's weird he's assuming that a woman alone with a man means they're loving.

OP is Mike Pence.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

One of the local pet stores has been known to stock pufferfish. There are indeed signs all over the tank that say DON'T TOUCH OR TAP ON THE GLASS OR MAKE FACES AT OR GENERALLY HARASS THESE FISH.

However, the signs go on to say that scaring them into inflating is really stressful for them and can be deleterious to their health so please don't torment the very expensive and exotic fish and also you're on camera so behave yourself. No mention of whether they'd take a finger off.

Jayme
Jul 16, 2008
I googled it, and apparently some scuba diver got his finger bitten off by a pufferfish, and some other people have been attacked while swimming/diving. So it's possible, but I have no idea why any responsible store owner wouldn't keep a potentially dangerous animal under some sort of locking mechanism. Gotta think about the lowest common denominator, and it's a whole lot cheaper to put even a brick on top of the tank lid than it is to pay for some idiot's hospital bills.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I would hope the courts wouldn't side with the idiot who sees a large saltwater fish (or other animal) and can't resist trying to poke it. If you put a tiger in a petting zoo and someone gets mauled, sure, that's on you, but if someone gets bit by a fish surrounded with "do not put your stupid hands in here" signs, they deserve whatever financial and physical harm that results.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I would hope the courts wouldn't side with the idiot who sees a large saltwater fish (or other animal) and can't resist trying to poke it. If you put a tiger in a petting zoo and someone gets mauled, sure, that's on you, but if someone gets bit by a fish surrounded with "do not put your stupid hands in here" signs, they deserve whatever financial and physical harm that results.

What if, say, a small child fell into a gorilla enclosure?

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

:69snypa:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

you prevent the child from being mauled alive by the gorilla, by shooting it dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

St Evan Echoes posted:

you prevent the child from being mauled alive by the gorilla, by shooting it dead
What if the gorilla tries to maul the corpse?