Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
I guess now I'm legally obligated to watch Cinderella Girls Theatre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
This week was immensely powerful and I feared for my life.

Next week we have SEXY GUILTY

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

FauxLeather posted:

I guess now I'm legally obligated to watch Cinderella Girls Theatre.

That does explain a comic I saw yesterday with Sae and Nao.

I kinda wish there wasn't an explanation, tho.

graybook posted:

That's no Ranran, that's a Heart

Unless you're talking about the first tweet, which I can't see because I'm not a confirmed follower.

Sachikos. Sachikos everywhere.

Also now that my brain is working and I know what a ranran is, how are you seeing a ranran?

Besides, given the people present, that is no place for her to be.

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
How the hell do people do those 9-note rolls on expert songs in SIF? I'm still only using like 3 fingers per hand max but i feel like i'm gonna have to start playing this game loving upside down if I plan to actually FC an expert song.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I'm pretty much an index fingers-only player, and I know some who regularly FC Experts manage with thumbs alone. It's just a matter of getting faster.

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
I guess Umi was right :eng99:

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I'm mostly a thumbs player, but trying to retrain on index fingers for master song purposes.

I don't think I'm familiar with the pattern you're describing - could you go into more detail? I probably have known and played it, I'm just not used to that terminology.

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

graybook posted:

I'm mostly a thumbs player, but trying to retrain on index fingers for master song purposes.

I don't think I'm familiar with the pattern you're describing - could you go into more detail? I probably have known and played it, I'm just not used to that terminology.
I'm talking about when notes drop for all 9 icons sequentially (or sometimes just 4 or 5 notes) in like a second or two so you gotta tap across the screen like a drum roll

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Yeah, just tap fast

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Die.

I mean.

Get fast.

For the 9 notes, have your other thumb waiting near the middle to pick up from where the first thumb left off.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
I generally tap with both of my index and middle fingers, which certainly makes me feel like I'm casting some kind of necromancy spell.

https://twitter.com/nongtaro_/status/867391802768203777

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
#ThumbCrewRepresent
#ThumbsUp
#OtherFingersNeedNotApply

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Hate-Senpai posted:

#ThumbCrewRepresent
#ThumbsUp

That avatar/post combo.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Hate-Senpai posted:

#ThumbCrewRepresent
#ThumbsUp

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
I've tried to play SS with thumbs, but I just couldn't get used to it. They're just too fat to avoid bumping into each other accidentally, and don't respond well to fast movement I've found.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

sounds like someone doesn't do their thumbstretches

actually, i've been considering switching back to the huge notes. all that extra space is starting to feel unnecessary.

probably because of bangdream's jamming all those note icons into the same space. Speaking of which, is it just me or is the new results screen kinda laggy? It feels laggy.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

I play on an iPad, so of course I mostly use my pointer fingers after putting the device down on a surface. Couldn't play with just thumbs, it doesn't quite work well for me.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

You know those trigger extenders they used to sell for the ps2? You clearly just need those for your thumbs.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

FauxLeather posted:

I generally tap with both of my index and middle fingers, which certainly makes me feel like I'm casting some kind of necromancy spell.

https://twitter.com/nongtaro_/status/867391802768203777

That's very Nao of Shiki.

Hmm maybe now that I'm on tablet I'll try big notes again too. I keep having accuracy issues, so maybe a more noticeable visual cue will help.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

shiki lookin like cinccino

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I have since grown accustomed to the larger size of my 7+ and have been using thumbs again. Really, the only difference is how far to extend the fingers. The difference is in cradling the phone instead of holding it tight.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
iDOLW@TCH will conclude this week with the movie tomorrow at approximately 1 pm pdt! There will also be special pre-stream re-run of episode 26 at 12:30 for those who missed it!

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
iDOLW@TCH starting in about an hour, with episode 26 in approximately 20. The prestream starts now though!

https://cytu.be/r/kotori

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
Good idolw@tch today friends

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

I hope you all learned a little something about moderation today.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Finally free of all that weekend hijacking. Getting my first pass of Locodol ch12 done as fast as possible, I'll be back on the Discord soon.

Also, got a score that broke 2.6m this morning, even with a mid-medley combo drop. Encouraging in that I know I can go higher.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
PROPBABLY ALREADY IN DISCORD BUT HOLY gently caress HOLY gently caress HOLY gently caress HOLY gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_Rv1NQo9K8

OH MY GOD GUILTY KISS

poo poo IS FIRE

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
you actually beat us by a bit

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
PROTECT NONO

https://twitter.com/udon_d/status/868110972996550658

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Zenostein posted:

Yeah, given that this is SA, I was expecting like, an boob. Not pisspuppets.

This

was pretty funny tho

nice shot indeed

This is still very funny.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
:siren: ---> PRO CLICK <--- :siren:

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
hot DONK that's powerful

Nanchan is so pretty. step on me

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

graybook posted:

hot DONK that's powerful

Nanchan is so pretty. step on me

I'm just preserving this prime quotation.

Also that video's alright. I was pretty onboard for the first half, at least.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Hot puchiraws (actually they're from last month)

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Come back to the Discord you fucker.

Also, come join us in the Discord, you fuckers.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
That's a good Ritsukoby.

I can't yet. I asked can't last week to kick me if I didn't have two new Locodol chapters translated by Saturday night. Due to the usual sudden obligation pop-ups, I didn't get it done, so I'm finishing up chapter 12 today. Should be back by tonight.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Nono is not ready to take the stage. She still needs so much protecting.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Okay, chapter 12 is in the first pass scripts folder. Rerequesting Discord add.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
My understanding is that you've been PM'd a link, but

Hate-Senpai posted:

Come back to the Discord you fucker.

Also, come join us in the Discord, you fuckers.

Any remaining idol friends who haven't, come be idol friends with us!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Holy yes.

Also this. Though I see a couple of you have already!