Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
The motorcycle owns, if you find one just stop caring about anything but finding sweet jumps. Cliffs on beaches work particularly well as does hitting 160 going down a hill and then hitting any bump
Pros: I hit a wall at 150 and stopped, no damage. I don't think you can run out of gas
cons: I can't find a bike every game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
finalllllly got my first dinner

cyanidewolf
Sep 1, 2007

Truly the corgiest of goodposts

Party Plane Jones posted:

BattlEye will open up a separate dialog box with whatever it's blocking noted, but that's before the game actually loads that it'll come up so that shouldn't be the problem. There should also still be a dialog box unless you manually exit out of it.

Yeah, can't find any BE related logs either. It's just a mild annoyance in the first 5 minutes of the first game after starting PUBG. I guess I'll just hope they patch it out or something :(

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Won a squad game yesterday after a relatively uneventful round teaching a new guy how to play. My 2 teammates were both melted with around 25 people left after they went ahead of me a bit, so I hid behind the lone bush on the ridge next to their corpses and wiped out the squad that killed them. Thus began Rambo time, using a convenient bush/tree line for cover to move into the final circles in the middle of a field and largely winding up behind other people who were already engaged in gun battles so I could just pop them in the back.

When it got down to just me and one other guy, I had no idea where he was.

He was behind me. His opening salvo hit The Pan, and graced by its divine presence I spun around and took him out. Hallelujah.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

cyanidewolf posted:

Yeah, can't find any BE related logs either. It's just a mild annoyance in the first 5 minutes of the first game after starting PUBG. I guess I'll just hope they patch it out or something :(

It might be another program stealing focus; Samsung Magician used to steal focus until I figured it it was the problem.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

BraveUlysses posted:

finalllllly got my first dinner

A shameful chicken dinner :colbert:

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

my first last night with a squad, we were a duo for over 3/4 of the game.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Photex posted:

Now this is a good chicken dinner

12 kills? drat son fraggin out over here. You single handedly wiped out a tenth of the server

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Photex posted:

12 kills chicken dinner? :eyepop: My record is only 6 in solo

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

I've killed 5 people in one match, not sure how I did that... I probably will never do it again.

I really need to work on my end game. I keep dying at #2 or #3 because I get worried about the circle and have bad placement. I end up making too much noise moving and get shot by someone with better positioning.

End game really is all about predicting circle movement and camping spots.

Had a match last night that ended up with the final two circles in the middle of a town. Went outside with three of us left to get inside the new circle and a guy popped up from behind a wall and capped me. Didn't even have time to react. Just brutal how many times I have gotten to the top 3 and died.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

funny Star Wars parody posted:

KFC famous bowl of chicken dinners

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

12 kills? drat son fraggin out over here. You single handedly wiped out a tenth of the server

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

fully kitted out SCAR, good positioning and a not poo poo server at 1am helped.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Hopefully I will have a new computer put together to run this before my existing i7 catches on fire.

I have a big can of dust-off nearby that should act as an acceptable class-C fire extinguisher substitute.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
How does view distance, foliage, texture and most importantly screen scale affect seeing long distance targets? I have everything on very low except anti aliasing which I have up to ultra. I've spent so many hours messing with the settings before I upgraded to a 1050ti, the thought of doing that again is exhausting. I'm pretty content with my current fps but if there is a way to make it easier to pick out long distant targets I'm willing to mess with it some more :D

If I go from 100>110 on screen scale I lose 15% FPS, no other settings seems to eat that much fps up. I don't have a monitor

Is there any way to make the compass on the top of the screen a bright neon color? I can't see the white numbers for poo poo

This monitor is native at 1920x1080, I was running at 1600x900, would it be better to run native?

My 4man was responsible for 24 kills in a win where I died after killing one guy in the first minute then died. I'm Rodney Dangerfield... no respect for the 4th member of your team who dies and then cycles through each persons view calling targets for 20 minutes.

Harry Potter on Ice fucked around with this message at 20:40 on May 29, 2017

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

How does view distance, foliage, texture and most importantly screen scale affect seeing long distance targets? I have everything on very low except anti aliasing which I have up to ultra. I've spent so many hours messing with the settings before I upgraded to a 1050ti, the thought of doing that again is exhausting. I'm pretty content with my current fps but if there is a way to make it easier to pick out long distant targets I'm willing to mess with it some more :D

If I go from 100>110 on screen scale I lose 15% FPS, no other settings seems to eat that much fps up. I don't have a monitor

Is there any way to make the compass on the top of the screen a bright neon color? I can't see the white numbers for poo poo

This monitor is native at 1920x1080, I was running at 1600x900, would it be better to run native?

Always run native, and imo lower settings/higher screen scale (120%) makes things much clearer.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Screen scale tells the game what resolution to render it at. If you're using a 1080 display and set it to anything higher than 1, it is going to render it at a higher resolution and then squeeze it down to 1080. This is very GPU intensive and you probably just want to leave it at 1. AA is also very GPU intensive. Your best bet would be to set everything to very low and, if you have extra frames to spare (anything over 60), maybe turn textures to medium or AA up to low if you're more concerned with jagged edges than texture quality. I would try to find settings that work for you at 1920x1080, not 1600x900, since it's your display's native resolution.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Disagree, a one kill win is doing it right. Let the hyenas fight. The panther stalks and waits.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Disagree, a one kill win is doing it right. Let the hyenas fight. The panther stalks and waits.

I can understand the mindset but this game would be so drat boring if you don't drop on a city, kill everyone in it, then move on or die trying

Sneaking around is so lame and your loot will always suck, plus if you only shoot one dude you aren't going to know how your gun handles when five dudes surprise you and you die in your bush without shooting a shot

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

lmao look at this coward afraid to die in a videogame, like the other babies in here who camp in a bathroom for 20 minutes.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Just got the most ridiculous chicken dinner. Dropped on Novo with Shotgoon, SirCandle, and Tucheetos and had the place to ourselves. And the next 3 circles all favored us. After a bunch of round of getting screwed on the circle, felt nice to have one round where everything went our way. Bonus - we all survived.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Snapes N Snapes posted:

Quit using this thread to bitch at your friends yo.

my friend just died right now and I hate him so much and I wish he would just get good. my friends are such scrubs.

best chicken dinner I got was 9 kills, though I've had games where I get 12 kills but don't come close to winning, but manage top ten teams.

DadWilly
Jul 1, 2003

Fuckin' amen. *posts own 2-kill chicken dinner from 100 pages ago*

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!
Had my first solo Chicken Dinner this morning. Got 4 kills total, spent the first 15 minutes looking for people and found nothing, when I finally did find people everything went kind of nuts.
This was my first kill https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfH7xZhuFr8

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

His name is also the sound he made when that happened.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Yeah but his name in game is IM_MR_MEESEEKS_ which more than makes up for it.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Loopoo posted:

my friend just died right now and I hate him so much and I wish he would just get good. my friends are such scrubs.

best chicken dinner I got was 9 kills, though I've had games where I get 12 kills but don't come close to winning, but manage top ten teams.

You should join the discord in the OP, that way you can spread your dislike for teammates around more evenly.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Lol do you start shaking and nervously poo poo your pants when you see someone because it sounds like you're a video game COWARD

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Good soup! posted:

Lol do you start shaking and nervously poo poo your pants when you see someone because it sounds like you're a video game COWARD

I do but not in video games.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

VulgarandStupid posted:

You should join the discord in the OP, that way you can spread your dislike for teammates around more evenly.

I'll look into that. Evenly spreading the salt is key.

Is there a hidden MMR in this game? Cause I swear my games are totally different depending on who I play with. My Swedish friends who are try-hard CSGO players with 10 years experience usually get me put into a game where opponents seem far more competent, and I'll get killed before I can react. Whereas when I play with my uni mates who are rather poo poo and have about 9 kills total in Duo over around ~20 hours of playtime, opponents seem really, really bad, and they're the games I'll nab 12 kills in consistently.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
https://gfycat.com/VastTerrificKudu

I can't bike worth poo poo. :negative:

DadWilly
Jul 1, 2003

I do like sneaking around, but tonight I said gently caress it, "yolo" and placed 8th and 5th. I like this video game!

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
I like sneaking around but only to kill people and it works out v. well.

Honestly after 150 hours or whatever I've played medium range no-cover fights is where I suck the most. If I'm peeking someone who is peeking me and we're both behind cover I feel like I'm going to win 9/10 times, likewise if we're both rushing the same house or playing mind games behind doors it's the same. It's when the guy is like 30 meters away and running that I get the most nervous and whiff a bunch of shots, usually leading to my untimely death.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
a mix of both is probably the best way to play, constantly yoloing across open fields and poo poo will just get you killed, but being aggressive and hunting people down is really fun and can lead to both good times and wins with 10 or more kills

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
I've made a few clips of my games and they all seem to revolve around the motorbikes

https://clips.twitch.tv/EndearingDelightfulClintmullinsPanicVis

https://clips.twitch.tv/BoringObeseShallotTwitchRaid

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I was in a standoff for the chicken dinner more or less due to being at the right place as the play area contracted and my doorbell started ringing. If it was anyone but my girlfriend I would have let that sonofabitch ring but I had to get up and answer it. Came back to a corpse :smith:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

lmao i cant belieb it

driving in uaz through wilderness

"GUYS THERES A MEDKIT ON THE GROUND STOP"
"why would it spawn out here"

we stop
I get awm'd

the rest of my team runs in circles and manages to kill our ambushers

fate is cruel

dmnz
Feb 14, 2012

BNNRROWNWNWOWOWOWO
Its not a real dinner tho unless you kill 10% of the server because my opinions are objectively correct or some poo poo.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm starting to deploy my chute as soon as possible and just lazily drift towards my location. At least six people die in that timeframe and not a single person has tried to shoot me down.

It's very Zen.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
if you judge yourself by these forums pages you will have miserable existence

dinnered last night for the first time and goddamn it felt good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Inzombiac posted:

I'm starting to deploy my chute as soon as possible and just lazily drift towards my location. At least six people die in that timeframe and not a single person has tried to shoot me down.

It's very Zen.

yeah or you can sit in a house

anything other than actively shooting at people/being involved in a gunfight is all just waiting. the looting, the lobby, the parachuting is cool but I don't want to do it for multiple minutes every round. it gets boring

but the game is good because although the holy weapon is the AK the scar, M4 or UMP all are full auto and gently caress dudes right up so you'll find one of those four pretty quickly and then it's just taking other dudes poo poo

I read this a few pages ago and it stuck with me: the day I started going for kills rather than surviving is the day I enjoyed this game a lot more. It couldn't be more true, you need practice with the milsperg lovely engine because it's got a ton of quirks and the only way to get that practice is getting in fights constantly. Minutes of looting to then get hosed up sucks too much

Duo with a mate when it's really working is amazing and there isn't anything on the market that comes close. Quake Champions seemed stale and old in comparison

Tony Montana fucked around with this message at 03:56 on May 30, 2017

• Locked thread