Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Zipperelli. posted:

Apologies if this has already been covered, but is there any confirmation of the titans losing the bubble in lieu of a shield or wall-type defense system? Also, if so, source?

every titan gets access to the wall shield which has two different styles to choose from, the bubble has been replaced by the stupid captain america shield.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

poor life choice posted:

It would be interesting if they leaned into titans as unstoppable forces/immovable objects that kind of run into a place and own it with barriers. Probably not great for what I liked about them (speed/mobility) but it would be a thing.

Would be weird if the "titans" weren't the fastest and most agile class!!! But hopefully they keep being the toughest!!!!!!

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
i like jetpack

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Zipperelli. posted:

Apologies if this has already been covered, but is there any confirmation of the titans losing the bubble in lieu of a shield or wall-type defense system? Also, if so, source?

In addition to the wall shield, the Sentinel's shield Super has a block function that you can hold and move forward with

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

The block function for the titan will be interesting if it don't slow down the titan. Then it will add something to the table that blades don't have.

That chest high wall seems a hilarious bad idea, but they can make it provide some sort of passive buff just by being near it or something. How can a thing static be a good thing? snipers are going to see that white wall and salivate.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

Tei posted:

The block function for the titan will be interesting if it don't slow down the titan. Then it will add something to the table that blades don't have.

That chest high wall seems a hilarious bad idea, but they can make it provide some sort of passive buff just by being near it or something. How can a thing static be a good thing? snipers are going to see that white wall and salivate.

I think when you duck behind it it automatically reloads your equipped gun.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Guerilla Fighter relevant at last

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

hiddenriverninja posted:

In addition to the wall shield, the Sentinel's shield Super has a block function that you can hold and move forward with

It also appears in one of the videos that the thrown shield has a remote guided effect as an option(?). So I'm guessing that the two perk options when throwing it is ricochet and the guided one, which would be incredible if you can bank it around corners to take people out in cover.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Also, I'm wondering wtf did they do with Bladedancer now that they added Shaolin Iron Staff Style Hunter?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

super macho dude posted:

Also, I'm wondering wtf did they do with Bladedancer now that they added Shaolin Iron Staff Style Hunter?

Poledancer

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The only things we know for sure are the ones that got hands on play. People were crying a poo poo load about blade dance being a poledance but there hasnt been anything shown other than the super activating and hitting enemies.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

ah, I was under the impression they had 4 subclasses instead of three, my bad.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Pole Dance is AoE, fwiw. I wouldn't get too upset yet.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Tei posted:

I mean not everything is designed to be exceptionally functional in pvp

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

FishBulb posted:

I mean not everything is designed to be exceptionally functional in pvp

[Extremely Angel of Light Voice] "What?!?!?"

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I thought it was funny that they showed off a cool shield for Titan, a sword for Warlock and Hunter just gets bladedancer but with a pole now.

Maybe a crossbow void bow or something, that be neat, dual wielding pew pew with smaller tethers maybe.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Pole Dance is AoE, fwiw. I wouldn't get too upset yet.

A storm caller type chain effect would be cool.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

el B posted:

A storm caller type chain effect would be cool.

I'll laugh if it's just a straight reskin

:getin:

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
It probably is. When's the next infodump?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

They seem to bringing some parity to the supers, or the ones we've seen so far anyway. Everyone gets a roaming ae effect and everyone gets a roaming shooty effect.

Roaming is probably going to be pretty important because you'll only have four enemies available to kill and will have to run all over the place to find them. :v:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The Meat Dimension posted:

It probably is. When's the next infodump?

E3's in a few weeks and I'm sure both Acti and Sony will have stuff for us there.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

xzzy posted:

They seem to bringing some parity to the supers, or the ones we've seen so far anyway. Everyone gets a roaming ae effect and everyone gets a roaming shooty effect.

Roaming is probably going to be pretty important because you'll only have four enemies available to kill and will have to run all over the place to find them. :v:

That and trying to remove all the broken poo poo I guess since warlock will never get the self rez back

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

xzzy posted:

Roaming Voidwalker is going to be bananas then.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Here is my two cents on the subclasses,

So far we have seen gunslinger, striker, dawncaller, sentinel and poledancer. No more support supers all will be roaming/offensive supers. Luke Smith is so far up his rear end that the classes taken king added will stay the same, all of them are roaming supers. I think voidwalker sticks around but gets reworked, nightstalker will get the voidbow. It makes sense if you think about it too, everyone starts(destiny 1) out at level 1 as a gunslinger, striker, or voidwalker and they all stay but get reworked. The classes that you get at level 15 sunsinger, bladedancer, and defender all got completely redone more or less. The taken king classes will be tweaked but won't be renamed or have their basic mechanics changed.

They hopefully are doing this to make all classes viable in the raid. The raids are at they best imo with light mechanics and a poo poo load of ads like confluxes and oracles in VoG, roaming supers are the most fun here imo. Hopefully the bosses are more like Oryx but not as procedural, the orges and light eating knights are actually a pretty cool mechanic and require skill and coordination/communication. Jumping on the pedestals in order is pretty stupid, just let me shoot poo poo. Bullet sponge raid bosses are pretty stupid and a big reason I don't like running the raids more often.

texaholic fucked around with this message at 03:55 on May 30, 2017

Muffin Rhino
Dec 31, 2006

I am SO gay for Doctor Cox.

Tei posted:

the short cover is definitely a pve thing. the tall cover is where it's at for pvp.

bait a dude into a hallway, block the exit with a shield. have your bro block the entrance. :getin:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Issue I see with deployable cover is that idiots will spend 9 months sitting on it trying to find the "perfect spot" and die to incoming fire while trying to set the stupid thing up.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Muffin Rhino posted:

the short cover is definitely a pve thing. the tall cover is where it's at for pvp.

bait a dude into a hallway, block the exit with a shield. have your bro block the entrance. :getin:

Chuck the shield wall in front of an orb for a clutch rez :getin:

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

If it prevents people from walking through it, it's going to be worth a chuckle using it to block caches from needy folks.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Regretting literally nothing about my decision to main Hunter, now determining stage name and finding exotically (maybe literally exotic/gold) colored G-strings

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

lol the palindrome this week

rifled litc icarus

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I think the vendor palindrome is a new god roll every other week.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

xzzy posted:

Issue I see with deployable cover is that idiots will spend 9 months sitting on it trying to find the "perfect spot" and die to incoming fire while trying to set the stupid thing up.

The Ward was the almost ideal protection, and it was still a double edge sword. I can't imagine what misuses will create this new walls.

I still hope we get some utility supers. They where awesome in the raids and interesting in pvp.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Hopefully all warlock supers come with an innate blink so we get even more clips of them sailing off cliffs or supering the gently caress out of door frames.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Menstrual Show posted:

lol the palindrome this week

rifled litc icarus

I wish I could duel wield it halo style with my rifled Icarus rangefinder one

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Void bow is getting replaced with some sort of void blow dart gun. Bungie is probably reusing the pole dancer weapon asset.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

The new arc hunter is funny to me because Guild Wars 2 literally did the same thing with their hunter analogue two years ago (thief)

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/meet-the-daredevil-thiefs-elite-specialization/

Just seems weird to be like "BO STAFF YEAH" donatello wasn't even cool tbh, michaelangelo was the party dude

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Donatello hunter seems especially silly when the class already had a melee range roaming super going. If ae damage is the only difference, why not bolt the ae to what they already had?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

xzzy posted:

Donatello hunter seems especially silly when the class already had a melee range roaming super going. If ae damage is the only difference, why not bolt the ae to what they already had?

You gotta admit, regular arc blade looks boring compared to ninjaflipping in arc blade 2.0

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Look, someone was mad that there was a fat pregnant stripper at the White Stallion instead of Chippendales or Thunder From Down Under being up there and just made their own pole dude instead. Can't really blame them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Menstrual Show posted:

The new arc hunter is funny to me because Guild Wars 2 literally did the same thing with their hunter analogue two years ago (thief)

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/meet-the-daredevil-thiefs-elite-specialization/

Just seems weird to be like "BO STAFF YEAH" donatello wasn't even cool tbh, michaelangelo was the party dude

Other game had poledancers first, I am talking about Duke Nukem

(NSFW?)

Too much 80's in a single image. I provide the following eye bleach: