Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

slave to my cravings posted:

I'm on vacation on Iceland currently and was actually at the Costco on Thursday and confirm it was crazy. The membership line when I was there was like 300 people deep and growing. Costco had filled its parking lot and was starting to take over the nearby Bonus grocery store and IKEA parking lot.

The Costco itself is pretty similar to the ones in the states with some minor differences. Everything in Iceland is about 2-3 times more expensive than the US. They still have a food court and a gas station. The gas station was about 20 cents cheaper per liter than all the other gas stations in Iceland. We met a retired US army guy that was working as a gas station attendant and he was pretty cool. He moved back a few years ago when he retired because his wife is Icelandic. The food court was pretty good too. It's more expensive than US but still a good deal compared to rest of the island. Iceland has hot dog shacks everywhere that they are proud of but the Costco dog blows them away with 1/4 lb of tube meat goodness. Here is a pic of the food court (100kr = 1 USD)

edit: PBUC

I'm the Pepsi MAX

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Gelato is

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
I'm the Is

Does that mean ice? Is ice cream just called ice there or what?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

I'm the Is

little known fact, Iceland is actually made of ice cream

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
So I got gas at Costco yesterday at around 4pm. No line. Then got a front parking spot and got a dog (with soda) for only $1.50!!!

:discourse:

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Although it's unendingly upsetting that dogs are $4 in Iceland, it warms my cold dead heart to know that The Mighty Quarter Pound Tube handily beats lame wimpy Iceland dogs in not just price, but taste and CHARACTER as well!

PBUC

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

I'm the Is

Eis is ice cream in German, so I'm guessing the Scandinavian languages are similar enough to say yes.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Teikanmi posted:

God I love how people are so lazy that they will circle in a parking lot for 20 minutes instead parking an extra 30 second walk away

My ex-wife and I went to Cape Canaveral with her parents and her dad was doing this. This was loving NASA and we're driving around looking for a close spot in a gigantic empty parking lot. I wanted to loving strangle the life out of his stupid loving smug Tom Wilkinson looking face.That was probably one of the high points of my life though. They should have put me on one of those leashes for kids cause I was like little school girl at a Back Street Boys concert or whoever is popular now.

Uh, yay Coscto.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I went to the San Fernando Costco yesterday, it wasn't as bad as I expected. Walked out with $300 in booze for today's party.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Let the EVE DEVS!! eat what they want! Which I guess is 800 kroners

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Pennywise the Frown posted:

My ex-wife and I went to Cape Canaveral with her parents and her dad was doing this. This was loving NASA and we're driving around looking for a close spot in a gigantic empty parking lot. I wanted to loving strangle the life out of his stupid loving smug Tom Wilkinson looking face.That was probably one of the high points of my life though. They should have put me on one of those leashes for kids cause I was like little school girl at a Back Street Boys concert or whoever is popular now.

Uh, yay Coscto.

My protocol for finding parking spots: take the first open spot you see

Girlfriend’s protocol. Head directly to the spot closest to the store. Find that it is occupied and act surprised. Check every spot in order of increasing distance until you find an open one (this takes at least 15 mins which I could spend eating a dang dog)

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

My Costco doesn't have liquor because apparently Colorado is just like Kentucky on a Sunday morning

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

slave to my cravings posted:

$4 was cheap compared to rest of the island prices. A little wiener Iceland dog was at least 4.50 everywhere else. The Iceland Costco food court didn't have a onion roller thing though.

edit: the rotisserie chicken was $12. About in line with everything else.
still :911:

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

BaconCopter posted:

Any 'stco goons dare experience the hell that has got to be Costco on the Saturday of Memorial Day Weekend?

We were there, and it was glorious. I cherish cart combat in the Costco jungle :getin:

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
You put saurkraut in the hot dog. Then you put deli mustard.

That's all you do

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I was going to get some more garden soil conditioning stuff until I realized instead of dying at Costco I could go to Fred Meyers

I'm sorry Costco, I am a coward

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Dely Apple posted:

I was going to get some more garden soil conditioning stuff until I realized instead of dying at Costco I could go to Fred Meyers

I'm sorry Costco, I am a coward

How could you die... if you've never lived?

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

gently caress, gimmie some of that mango þeytingur.

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

I'm the Is

Ice cream in German is Eis so I'm guessing that's pretty standard for Germanic languages.

Infidel Castro fucked around with this message at 04:57 on May 30, 2017

naem
May 29, 2011

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

How could you die... if you've never lived?

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may, m-may never, die, mmmmm *eats a bunch of free samples*

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
I thought kronor was Swedish and Iceland had isk?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Candlelight Virgil posted:

I thought kronor was Swedish and Iceland has isk?
iceland has teenagers :whitewater:

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Íslensk króna
Isk is the ISO code, kr is the sign

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
How are you guys getting sauerkraut? Do you have to ask for it because I only have the onion tumbler thing?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

How are you guys getting sauerkraut? Do you have to ask for it because I only have the onion tumbler thing?

ask for it at the counter when you order

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

ask for it at the counter when you order

You guys may have just changed my life.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

You guys may have just changed my life.

go in peace and bland no more

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
Woah, the Sauerkraut for the dogs isn't standard in the States? In the Japanese Costcos it's one of the condiments, right next to the onions in a big container. I always load my dog up with it!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

thats EVE Online not iceland

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Original_Z posted:

Woah, the Sauerkraut for the dogs isn't standard in the States? In the Japanese Costcos it's one of the condiments, right next to the onions in a big container. I always load my dog up with it!

It used to be that way here, but is now in little individual containers behind the counter. Probably a case of a few bad nonmembers ruining things for the rest of us.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

It used to be that way here, but is now in little individual containers behind the counter. Probably a case of a few bad nonmembers ruining things for the rest of us.

Yeah, and at some point they cut the amount of kraut supplied in HALF. You used to get close to 3 liquid ounces of it, which was almost too much. Now it's just barely enough.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I make my own kraut at home. Think I could bring it in a baggie and add it myself?

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Bonzo posted:

I make my own kraut at home.

High-Five, fellow home-kraut maker. The stuff we make at home has more texture because we shred it larger, and more sour because we let it go longer before refrigeration.

Bonzo posted:

Think I could bring it in a baggie and add it myself?

I once brought in a giant 5-pound bag of Dunkin Donuts coffee beans, and ground them in the big grinder they have by the front desk. No one said a word.

So I'm guessing yes.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I ordered prints from Costco, but couldn't order them to be framed online for some reason. RIP but also PBUC

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I ordered prints from Costco, but couldn't order them to be framed online for some reason. RIP but also PBUC

Costco Photo judged your photos and found them to be lacking.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Uh, yay Coscto.

Wait I thought you were like 22, how do you have an ex-wife?

Also did you stop drinking yet? You should replace booze with diet pepsi from costco, it's refillable

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I have not made the pilgrimage in over 2 weeks at this point, my body is weary my cup is unrefilled.

Needless to say, I been thinking.... bout that dog.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I'm probably gonna go to Costco twice this week since I need a few things today, and again when the new sales begin on Thursday.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Is my executive membership reward check good for cash? Or do I have to spend it at Costco?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

You can cash it out at the membership desk if you'd like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
What is sveitbaka? I can't find anything about it on google

e: nevermind, I spelled it wrong the first time I searched it. Shepherds Pie is baller af.