Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
She steals jokes constantly from small time comics in case you need a legit reason to hate her.l

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Peak

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

She steals jokes constantly from small time comics in case you need a legit reason to hate her.l

Who gives a poo poo?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

She was unable to attend a good comic university due to her poor CSAT scores, GPA and extracurriculars and thus never learned the most basic lesson of comedy.

Tragic really how she came from a rich white blond upbringing and no one told her not to do that.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

There is no more ironic thread for this statement to be posted in :ironicat:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Comptroll The Forums posted:

There is no more ironic thread for this statement to be posted in :ironicat:

Wait... y'all are monetizing your memes?

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

rockbottom.jpg

putrid aidsman
Apr 13, 2017

by Lowtax

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

A+

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Wait... y'all are monetizing your memes?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
ash's hat is getting poor wifi signal

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Robiben
Jul 19, 2006

Life is...weird

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Indecisive posted:

there's a million loving lovely comics out there why are people so outraged about amy schumer like anybody gives a poo poo

Because she makes fun of the kind of memelords who think that everyone needs to know whether or not they would have sex with her and of they think she's feminist enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8teRxOSNHs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyeTJVU4wVo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL9cV0-SuxY

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Amy Schumer got people killed. Can any other comic claim that fame?

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Caufman posted:

Wait. What?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Aside from the fact that I would not be surprised if multiple comedians have accomplished that, man don't be coy and just say it dog.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Dale-Taco posted:

Wait. What?

Hundreds of neckbeards tripped over themselves to be the first one to post how much they dislike her, one of them broke their neck and died.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Caufman posted:

Andy Dick by way of Phil Hartman's wife

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Knights didn't wear chainmail gloves and also people who are cutting raw meat and seafood usually wear those.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Amy Schumer's latest stand up wasnt that good, the leather special. And her latest movie snatched looks kind of bad and also shits on south america

Her show is great though

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Spanish Manlove posted:

Lovitz bouncing Dick's face off a bar rail 4373r krew represent

NOW that's what I call comedy :(

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.

everyone ignored it because it is too amusing to be a maymee.

Please try again harder tomorrow!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

KoRMaK posted:

Amy Schumer's latest stand up wasnt that good, the leather special. And her latest movie snatched looks kind of bad and also shits on south america

Her show is great though

I don't really have a dog in this fight but she (or other writers for her show) did steal a ton of sketches from other shows.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Amy Schumer is not a meme. Snek is a meme.

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

Inzombiac posted:

I don't really have a dog in this fight but she (or other writers for her show) did steal a ton of sketches from other shows.

How does US copyright law apply to jokes? Is she merely guilty of bad form or actual crime? I understand that I have no stake in this, that my livelihood does not depend upon these jokes, but how do we objectively determine whether someone is wrong or not for repeating or re-imagining what amounts to an amusing story? How do we make this mesh with the knowledge that multiple people sometimes originate nearly identical thoughts at nearly the same time? Or the idea that most stories are about other stories rather than reality? When and where did she cross that line and become a pariah?

GlobglogGroAbgalab has a new favorite as of 05:38 on May 30, 2017

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

MrCussMustard posted:

[quote="Inzombiac" post="472844112"]
[/quote

How does US copyright law apply to jokes? Is she merely guilty of bad form or actual crime? I understand that I have no stake in this, that my livelihood does not depend upon these jokes, but how do we objectively determine whether someone is wrong or not for repeating or re-imagining what amounts to an amusing story? How do we make this mesh with the knowledge that multiple people sometimes originate nearly identical thoughts at nearly the same time? Or the idea that most stories are about other stories rather than reality? When and where did she cross that line and become a pariah?

I don't think there is a legal standing here but she has definitely violated a lot of the comedy culture (ugh, what). At least enough where other comics have called her out on it and it would damage their careers if they were wrong.

She used to open for a lot of comics that got famous before her. She'd turn around with some of their material and change the delivery a bit and call it her own.

There are some people that hate her because she's a woman, some people hate her as they hate any comic they don't find funny.

Edit: Dane Cook once (possibly accidentally) stole a joke from Louis CK and it cause a pretty huge uproar; especially since Louis wasn't being a dick about it. So, I suppose, it stings to see someone become so famous when they've poo poo on people to the top.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Inzombiac posted:

I don't think there is a legal standing here but she has definitely violated a lot of the comedy culture (ugh, what). At least enough where other comics have called her out on it and it would damage their careers if they were wrong.

She used to open for a lot of comics that got famous before her. She'd turn around with some of their material and change the delivery a bit and call it her own.

There are some people that hate her because she's a woman, some people hate her as they hate any comic they don't find funny.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Dale-Taco posted:

Wait. What?

When Amy Schumer commanded a swift boat squad, she made decisions that got soldiers killed and then lied about it.

RagnarokAngel posted:

Aside from the fact that I would not be surprised if multiple comedians have accomplished that, man don't be coy and just say it dog.

It wasn't a rhetorical question. Who else has gotten people killed through comedy?

Spanish Manlove posted:

Thanks, fam.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Caufman posted:

When Amy Schumer commanded a swift boat squad, she made decisions that got soldiers killed and then lied about it.

It wasn't a rhetorical question. Who else has gotten people killed through comedy?

Thanks, fam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

Inzombiac posted:

Basically bad form in the worst way then.