Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Condiv posted:

seems p ratfucked to me for the party to ignore their voters to install an anti-singlepayer chair in california

https://twitter.com/stevenmaviglio/status/868890683456724992

this is not something we should be seeing out of the california dem party leadership, it's more appropriate for republicans

quote:

I believe that healthcare is a right for every single person in this country. I believe in Single-Payer Healthcare, and will work with our grassroots to make this an issue around which our entire party organizes. This is something I have lived and fought for my entire life, and it’s why I have the support of the United Nurses Associations of California and the National Union of Healthcare Workers.

http://www.ericbauman.com/why-eric/

quote:

By Eric C. Bauman, RN
Vice-Chair, California Democratic Party
Chair, Los Angeles County Democratic Party
LA Progressive – Published 1/30/2017
The Trump Administration’s brutal assault on healthcare has begun. His morally bankrupt and extremist partisan allies Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell are moving to ruthlessly implement a full repeal of the Affordable Care Act through Congress.
Democrats in Sacramento are determined to resist these efforts and protect the low cost insurance millions of Californians can get through Covered California plans.
But even as we fight the Trump Administration, we cannot miss the historic opportunity this moment presents us: enacting single-payer healthcare into law in California. Let’s take that step and make California a “healthcare sanctuary” state!

actually kind of funny is that the bernie-crew backed candidate also supported clinton last year

Concerned Citizen has issued a correction as of 21:53 on May 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
both parties are the same

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

ex post facho posted:

someone wanna give me a quick, succzoneish recap of "the ratfucking in california"

We had somebody in this very thread who was a delegate posting about it in real time, and everything they posted about was supported by what was put in newspaper/TV accounts, did you just miss a few days?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Main Paineframe posted:

professional fundraiser who'd won a contested election once in his life ran for mayor on an uninteresting platform of tax cuts and business development, spent about as much money as his incumbent opponent, and lost anyway. the national party came in and endorsed him as part of a "unity tour", causing various interest groups to cry foul, and the resulting flailing drew attention away from his locally-focused platform and toward national wedge issues in a perfect demonstration of why the grassroots needs to work from the bottom up rather than the top down

those groups had no reason or cause to cry foul though, and twisted mello's positions to make him look like an anti-choice texas senator. even when mello's real positions came out, the noise over mello didn't die down until bernie specifically said "vote for ossoff". then it switched to bernie's a monster cause he didn't endorse fast enough

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

deadgoon posted:

how dare you say that! tu abuela wanted to make sure our drones had smiley faces painted on them!

see? kissinger hated that idea so clearly that's a crucial difference between her and tronk.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Condiv posted:

those groups had no reason or cause to cry foul though, and twisted mello's positions to make him look like an anti-choice texas senator. even when mello's real positions came out, the noise over mello didn't die down until bernie specifically said "vote for ossoff". then it switched to bernie's a monster cause he didn't endorse fast enough

they had reasons to cry foul

you may not like those reasons, or you may be too stupid to comprehend those reasons, but that just puts you on the same level as idiots who don't understand why Bernie is reluctant to endorse some Dems

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

how dare you say that! tu abuela wanted to make sure our drones had smiley faces painted on them!

see? kissinger hated that idea so clearly that's a crucial difference between her and tronk.

p sure the democrats wouldn't have been rounding up our friends and neighbors into ICE vans as we speak tho

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Concerned Citizen posted:

http://www.ericbauman.com/why-eric/

actually kind of funny is that the bernie-crew backed candidate also supported clinton last year

it's cool that he says he's a lifelong supporter of singlepayer and then his lackeys constantly make tweets undermining it:

https://twitter.com/stevenmaviglio/status/866713338817921024

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

altho as an accelerationist, it's good that children have been orphaned by ICE because it's more likely to radicalize them

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Main Paineframe posted:

they had reasons to cry foul

you may not like those reasons, or you may be too stupid to comprehend those reasons, but that just puts you on the same level as idiots who don't understand why Bernie is reluctant to endorse some Dems

what were they? and why did they need to paint his stances as worse than kaine's?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lol ICE doesn't even have any more money for the legal department, and it's all gone into nazis on the ground arresting people during public events. ICE is pretty much ACORN to Dems going forward, if the Dems ever return to power, what we knew as ICE will no longer exist.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Condiv posted:

seems p ratfucked to me for the party to ignore their voters to install an anti-singlepayer chair in california

this is not something we should be seeing out of the california dem party leadership, it's more appropriate for republicans

seems they paid attention to their voters since berniecrats only got 1/3rd?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

saving his money for 2020

Thoguh posted:

I would like the democrats to win

we don't want democrats to win merely because they're "democrats", we want them to win because they're lefties, no matter what banner they use :)

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

wonder what it's like to have your every word and action cause people to completely lose their poo poo for every reason and no reason

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Condiv posted:

it's cool that he says he's a lifelong supporter of singlepayer and then his lackeys constantly make tweets undermining it:

https://twitter.com/stevenmaviglio/status/866713338817921024

so on one hand you have one guy's tweet, on the other:

quote:

HARD TRUTH: I supported SB 562 before the bill was even assigned a number, as I laid out months ago in my op-ed, “Make California a Healthcare Sanctuary State.”
But let’s be real. An op-ed in election season isn’t enough.
HARD TRUTH: Both authors of SB 562, Senators Toni Atkins and Ricardo Lara, have endorsed my campaign for Chair because they know passing single-payer isn’t just an election season talking point for me. We need the experience, grit, and know-how to get this job done.
But let’s be real. The fight for single-payer didn’t start during this Chair’s race.
HARD TRUTH: I’ve been fighting to make universal single-payer healthcare available for DECADES. It’s the reason why I became politically engaged so many years ago, based on my experience as a registered nurse. I worked with then-Insurance Commissioner John Garamendi to pass universal healthcare which was then vetoed by Gov. Pete Wilson. I was in the foxhole with then-Senator Sheila Kuehl when Democrats passed single-payer TWICE, only to have Gov. Schwarzenegger veto it both times. And I was with then-Senator Mark Leno as he tried to make it happen, yet again.
But let’s be real. TALK IS CHEAP. Trust the single-payer fighters with the battle scars to prove it.
HARD TRUTH: Every single author of universal/single-payer healthcare legislation in our state’s history — John Garamendi, Sheila Kuehl, Mark Leno, Toni Atkins, and Ricardo Lara — are ALL supporting my campaign to lead our Party.
Let’s be real. They’re standing with me because I’ve stood with them over the years doing the real work to make single-payer a reality.
I hope you’ll join them because, with SB 562, single-payer is in reach. This is our chance to finish the job for all of those who’ve come so close in the past, and most importantly, for the millions of Californians who deserve affordable, high-quality healthcare.
Single-payer’s time is here!
Eric C. Bauman
Vice Chair, California Democratic Party
Chair, Los Angeles County Democratic Party

you have every progressive working on single payer supporting bauman

seems like his credentials are in order on this

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
bu$h = gor€

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

woe to the hundred millionaire

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

got any sevens posted:

saving his money for 2020

we don't want democrats to win merely because they're "democrats", we want them to win because they're lefties, no matter what banner they use :)

i would rather all statists get crushed by a really really big rock but im forced to support the lesser evil of progressivism

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Al! posted:

p sure the democrats wouldn't have been rounding up our friends and neighbors into ICE vans as we speak tho

obama already kinda was...

deadgoon posted:

https://youtu.be/llLKar19XhA

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Al! posted:

and I am sure obama's third term was going to be a radical departure from the continuation of bush-era policies with fingerprinting people at the border before turning them away to send a message instead of actually doing something to reform immigration policies, but that end-of-history francis fukiyama bullshit that she, he, and the rest of the bad dems bought into meant that they would only keep the system as it stood on the same course instead of piloting it away from the whirlpool in which we now find ourselves.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/ChelseaClinton/status/869660019016466432

:lol:

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

chelsea pls

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
but all that political capital tho.

(which for all it was worth, his political capital and 750 tickets would have got us a novelty pencil at chucky cheese)

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Condiv posted:

what were they? and why did they need to paint his stances as worse than kaine's?

because the outcome of his election would have zero impact on abortion rights, so they didn't care at all who won, which made it a perfect opportunity to threaten the national party when their unity tour came through. much like how there are suck zoners who say they hope Ossoff loses because it'll have no impact on anything anyway, even though those same posters still swallowed their bile and voted for Hillary last year because Trump scary

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
jedi definitely bad

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
is it ever funny to joke about killing a president's daughter

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

and I am sure obama's third term was going to be a radical departure from the continuation of bush-era policies with fingerprinting people at the border before turning them away to send a message instead of actually doing something to reform immigration policies, but that end-of-history francis fukiyama bullshit that she, he, and the rest of the bad dems bought into meant that they would only keep the system as it stood on the same course instead of piloting it away from the whirlpool in which we now find ourselves.

otoh people are being dragged from their homes, rounded up and shipped to camps with the best outcome being that they're dumped into a country they've never lived in as an adult with the rest of their family thousands of miles away

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Al! posted:

otoh people are being dragged from their homes, rounded up and shipped to camps with the best outcome being that they're dumped into a country they've never lived in as an adult with the rest of their family thousands of miles away

https://twitter.com/dril/status/473265809079693312?lang=en

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i'm sure that y'all are expecting me to make a crack about chelsea clinton.

but she's no joke.

in that i don't find her political ambitions funny. or worth smiling about.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i mean say what you want about the immorality of cheering rural death, the folks being deported couldn't even vote on their fate

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

so on one hand you have one guy's tweet, on the other:

you have every progressive working on single payer supporting bauman

seems like his credentials are in order on this

that one guy (steve maviglio) is literally the california dem party spokesman

he's not just some guy

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Al! posted:

wow sounds like u got a bad case of ~~~mattering~~~ what happened did u go on a milk binge

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Condiv posted:

that one guy (steve maviglio) is literally the california dem party spokesman

he's not just some guy

yes and eric bauman appointing a longtime dem operative to a position he's qualified for, despite being on opposite sides on the single payer bill, doesn't negate decades of advocacy for it even remotely.

you might even say it was

pragmatic

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Al! posted:

and if hillary clinton was genuinely concerned about that, she would have been a better candidate.

but she wasn't. gently caress, she couldn't even face her fans when she lost.

but, hey, like you said: at least accelerationism will surely make radicals of them, I'm sure.

the ones still alive, at any rate.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

you watch your mouth

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Condiv posted:

It's pure insanity to advocate for single payer according to very dishonest cruel Hillfolk.

Just like what the Tea Party did!

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Main Paineframe posted:

because the outcome of his election would have zero impact on abortion rights, so they didn't care at all who won, which made it a perfect opportunity to threaten the national party when their unity tour came through. much like how there are suck zoners who say they hope Ossoff loses because it'll have no impact on anything anyway, even though those same posters still swallowed their bile and voted for Hillary last year because Trump scary

but that still leaves them torpedoing mello's election cause bernie endorsed him. and perez going along with it. no matter how you slice it, it was a dumb move even if you try to remove the "attack bernie" angle from what happened. but attacking bernie was the whole point

besides, it wasn't naral that initiated the attacks, it was the WSJ

http://www.omaha.com/news/politics/...8bc68ea31e.html

quote:

Her criticism was part of the national backlash after a Thursday article in the Wall Street Journal that pointed out Mello’s opposition to abortion.

quote:

Instead, on April 19, The Wall Street Journal ran a story noting that Mello, a practicing Catholic, is pro-life. The story also falsely claimed that Mello had co-sponsored a bill “requiring women to look at an ultrasound image of their fetus before receiving an abortion.” A similar error was made by The Washington Post, which claimed that Mello had “previously backed a bill requiring ultrasounds for women considering abortions,” and then again the following day by David Nir, political director of Daily Kos, who announced the site was withdrawing its endorsement of Mello—a move applauded by Ilyse Hogue, president of NARAL Pro-Choice America, who’d launched a 12-part Twitter storm linking to the WSJ article and accusing Sanders and Perez of kicking off their tour with the message “shame women; we’ll support u anyway.”

basically naral stuck their nose in after dems bought wholesale lies from the WSJ about one of their own candidates. and the reason dems didn't bother to take a jaundiced look at WSJ sourced claims was cause they made a guy bernie supported look bad

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

and if hillary clinton was genuinely concerned about that, she would have been a better candidate.

but she wasn't. gently caress, she couldn't even face her fans when she lost.

but, hey, like you said: at least accelerationism will surely make radicals of them, I'm sure.

the ones still alive, at any rate.

i wish i had an effigy to burn every time i was mildly backed into a corner

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

yes and eric bauman appointing a longtime dem operative to a position he's qualified for, despite being on opposite sides on the single payer bill, doesn't negate decades of advocacy for it even remotely.

you might even say it was

pragmatic

and when said spokeperson starts speaking out publicly against singlepayer, is that pragmatic? cause it seems to me like it would cloud bauman's pro-singlepayer message to have his spokesman tooling around telling everyone that singlepayer isn't achievable.

i mean, maybe i'm not familiar enough with this spokesperson thing, but i thought the idea as the public face of the party was to espouse the party's ideals in public, not your own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
well obviously decorum will protect us from the worst

• Locked thread