Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
You are lucky it wasn't Tsar Peter, he has absolutely no tolerance for dopplers or echimaras.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Electronico6 posted:

Lock does not reset power. However Margarita resets a unit power then locks, it's two separate abilities.

Maybe that was it, I could have sworn the person I was playing against was running skelige though, but I can't find any card in the db that would fit.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

BabyRyoga posted:

Maybe that was it, I could have sworn the person I was playing against was running skelige though, but I can't find any card in the db that would fit.

Maybe Mardroeme? Was it a spell or an ability? Mardroeme resets a unit and either weakens it by 3 or strengthens it by 3. Did the Dudu get killed too?

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

So I got Operator and I'm trying to decide if I want to incorporate it into my Consume deck. Would y'all include it, and if so what monster would you copy?

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
What's the fundamental difference between the keywords "Strengthen" and "Boost"? Is it that a unit that was buffed by a "Strengthen" effect couldn't be reset to it's original state like the above players Dudu?

I'm thinking of it like Transform rather than Buff in Hearthstone, and Lock and Reset are different parts of Silence.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Class Warcraft posted:

So I got Operator and I'm trying to decide if I want to incorporate it into my Consume deck. Would y'all include it, and if so what monster would you copy?

The old consume list ran Operator on Vran Warrior.

Flayer posted:

What's the fundamental difference between the keywords "Strengthen" and "Boost"? Is it that a unit that was buffed by a "Strengthen" effect couldn't be reset to it's original state like the above players Dudu?

I'm thinking of it like Transform rather than Buff in Hearthstone, and Lock and Reset are different parts of Silence.

Strengthen is to base strength, so the number stays white, cards that Weaken remove base strength. Boost just applies strength on top of the base one, so the number gets green and cards that Reset but it back to it's original white value.

Lock silences abilities, like the Impera Enforcers boost when a spy enters the battlefield, or cow carcass completing it's timer.

Electronico6 fucked around with this message at 17:36 on May 30, 2017

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Flayer posted:

Strengthen adds to base strength, which is not removable. Boost just temporarily buffs the strength and can be removed.

Class Warcraft posted:

Operator is alright and can work in monster consume. I'd probably operate an arachas or maybe nekker warrior. Something your opponent can't utilize as well as you can. Arachas would let you make more spiders and Nekker Warrior would let you add additional Nekkers to your deck, letting you chain them more.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

ShowTime posted:

Maybe Mardroeme? Was it a spell or an ability? Mardroeme resets a unit and either weakens it by 3 or strengthens it by 3. Did the Dudu get killed too?

No, it just stayed at one. It was something decoyed and replayed.

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

Electronico6 posted:

The old consume list ran Operator on Vran Warrior.

Yeah, but now that Arachas Behemoth dies after 5 spawns they're less useful as endless creature generators. Also, Unseen Elder as a leader card is good for 3 free consumes so you don't necessarily need a Vran every round anymore.

I guess I could copy a Nekker round one and hang onto it until the last round when it's worth like 10 points, meanwhile my opponent only gets a worthless 2 point monster.

ShowTime posted:

Strengthen adds to base strength, which is not removable. Boost just temporarily buffs the strength and can be removed.

Operator is alright and can work in monster consume. I'd probably operate an arachas or maybe nekker warrior. Something your opponent can't utilize as well as you can. Arachas would let you make more spiders and Nekker Warrior would let you add additional Nekkers to your deck, letting you chain them more.

Yeah Arachas Behemoth might be a decent choice. Nekker Warrior could backfire on you though if your opponent uses it to make copies of anything that can be summoned.

Class Warcraft fucked around with this message at 17:40 on May 30, 2017

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
Also apparently if you weaken a card to 0-, it's banished and is removed from play.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

kurona_bright posted:

Also apparently if you weaken a card to 0-, it's banished and is removed from play.

Yeah it owns, play mushrooms erryday

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Ofifcial deck tier list, by billy age 8

-Skellige deck with werewolf and boats
-John's nilfguard deck w golems
-stupid dwarf bullshit
-the deck i play
-eredin weather

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

precision posted:

It's really counter intuitive that Roach doesn't auto play if it's in your hand rather than deck. Seems like it should pull from either, unless there's some way to abuse that really bad?

Roach is great! I play him with one of the starting nilfguard cards that shuffles him back into the deck from the graveyard. That way I can play him twice. The best way to play him is always mulligan him. If you have a good card in your had it will automatically pop out. And if you have 2 golds in your hand AND the nilfguard card you can summon him twice in two separate rounds.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

MarshyMcFly posted:

Roach is great! I play him with one of the starting nilfguard cards that shuffles him back into the deck from the graveyard. That way I can play him twice. The best way to play him is always mulligan him. If you have a good card in your had it will automatically pop out. And if you have 2 golds in your hand AND the nilfguard card you can summon him twice in two separate rounds.

You can play Cahir->Calviet power->Shuffle Girl->Shuffle Roach back into the deck and Roach effect will still trigger because of Cahir

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Should I be saving scraps for big-ticket cards or using them to fill out the rares / epics that I need? I'm trying not to craft any commons since it seems like you get a pretty generous amount of kegs through regular play and will probably build up a decent collection of them quickly, but most decks seem to run a metric shitload of rares / epics / legendaries and getting 1 random rare per pack seems like it will take forever to start making headway.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Should I be saving scraps for big-ticket cards or using them to fill out the rares / epics that I need? I'm trying not to craft any commons since it seems like you get a pretty generous amount of kegs through regular play and will probably build up a decent collection of them quickly, but most decks seem to run a metric shitload of rares / epics / legendaries and getting 1 random rare per pack seems like it will take forever to start making headway.

I would try as much as possible not to craft rares either, they're a huge ripoff at 80 scraps and it doesn't take that long to get a decent spread of them. Personally I rushed out a craft of Ragh Nar Roog and I'm pretty happy with the decision since it slots into most every deck and has won a lot of games.

That said I think people expect a round of balance changes this week so I would wait to craft anything big at this point.

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber
I know monsters wild hunt falls off a bit in the later stages but does the dagon hybrid weather? I realize that my woodland spirit is better suited for that deck and caretaker is pretty good for all the monsters deck I feel. My wild hunt deck is doing just fine but when I face a well built deck I can feel it suffer just a bit.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
I made a little visual guide of what the keywords affecting stats mean, feel free to put in OP or whatevs:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Quen's shield is so useless. I'd like shield to give weather immunity until it's popped, I think that would be neat - as is the card is more used because it hand/deckbuffs. Which isn't bad, I guess, I just think shielded could be a more interesting keyword.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
It's a nice idea and I think the graphic works, but anyway we can get a non-MSPaint version of it? Not trying diminish your work as an artist in anyway, but I think it could be cleaned up a bit. The general theory behind it works though. Just take that idea and make it look prettier.

spaceships
Aug 4, 2005

i love too dumptruck

guacamole aficionado
i'm having nothing but matchmaking issues on the ps4

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

ShowTime posted:

It's a nice idea and I think the graphic works, but anyway we can get a non-MSPaint version of it? Not trying diminish your work as an artist in anyway, but I think it could be cleaned up a bit. The general theory behind it works though. Just take that idea and make it look prettier.

Not to step on Asehujiko's toes, but it's a slow Tuesday and the Gwent servers are having trouble so...here's my take on it!

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

ShowTime posted:

That's the best image editing program I have available to me right now so go with my bony fealty's version.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

No Wave posted:

Quen's shield is so useless. I'd like shield to give weather immunity until it's popped, I think that would be neat - as is the card is more used because it hand/deckbuffs. Which isn't bad, I guess, I just think shielded could be a more interesting keyword.

It does have a few uses, but it's way too situational atm.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
OP edited to add the image and credit to both of you.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I honestly just can't seem to get the hang of this meta or even this game right now. I must win about 20% of my games, playing anything from reveal Nilfgaard, spy Nilfgaard, Morkvarg Skellige, Dwarven Scoia'Tael and spell/control Scoia'Tael. I just can't seem to pull out wins anymore, despite having all the cards needed for those decks.

Not sure what to do. Getting pretty depressing.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

What's hosing you? Are they just close-ish games (within 10-20 points) that aren't going your way?

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Just give in and play a Weather Monster deck. I am playing with a real lovely one and doing okay.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Megazver posted:

Just give in and play a Weather Monster deck. I am playing with a real lovely one and doing okay.

What's your deck list? I can't win poo poo with weather monsters anymore, I'm pretty frustrated too.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

ShowTime posted:

I honestly just can't seem to get the hang of this meta or even this game right now. I must win about 20% of my games, playing anything from reveal Nilfgaard, spy Nilfgaard, Morkvarg Skellige, Dwarven Scoia'Tael and spell/control Scoia'Tael. I just can't seem to pull out wins anymore, despite having all the cards needed for those decks.

Not sure what to do. Getting pretty depressing.

What's your reveal list? Mangonels or Fire Scorpions?

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Fire Scorpions. Most of my games are within 10-15 points. Whenever I play reveal I have a third round that just can't get enough power, even with Spotters. With spies I end up not really hitting my spy combo and/or running out of cards in round 3. I usually end up with spies in round 3 and nothing to hit off them. With Scoia'Tael spells I end up losing to spy Nilfgaard almost always, because their spies prevent my epidemics. Dwarves just gets destroyed by Igni and Scorch. Haven't played Skellige in a few days.

I don't have a few cards to play Monster weather. I have basically everything needed in Nilfgaard, Scoia'Tael and Skellige, a few goldens away in NR and Monsters.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

botany posted:

What's your deck list? I can't win poo poo with weather monsters anymore, I'm pretty frustrated too.

Do keep in mind that I am taking it easy and not power-leveling, so I am still at babby-levels. There is definitely poo poo I want to replace - Geralt comes to mind - but I dunno, I don't want to buy anything yet.

I usually just get two Riders out and pass. Maybe drop something else to gently caress with the guy, like locking or destroying something I don't want him to keep on the board.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Replace those frost giants with celaeno harpies asap.

I also think you'd do better to run three frost wolves, three frosts (cutting alzur's thunder and a navigator) given that weather often gets better the more you have and frost wolves come with a body. Especially given that you have nithral.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 22:46 on May 30, 2017

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Celaeno is the most quietly overpowered card I think, if you play monsters I think you should run them

Essentially guaranteed 13 power bronze before consume synergy 🤔

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Celaeno harpy is op but very fun for the game. Lots of cool decisions around it. If it gets nerfed I hope it's something like making the main body to 3 str, or 4 to keep it really good. Or just don't touch it until it becomes a problem. The egg thing keeps the resilience below clown levels like dwarves and old nekkers.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 22:52 on May 30, 2017

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Yeah I don't think it needs to be nerfed right now since the rest of the archetype isn't really good enough to support it, but in a vacuum it's an insane card

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

13 strength with no synergies required is by far the best bronze in the game right now, it could maybe afford to lose 1-2. For a bronze to be auto-include in every deck is a bit more problematic than with silvers/golds.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Jesus Christ the amount of exp needed to unlock ranked mode is insane.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Keira is probably the worst "Mage" character right? She's gold too. By Mage I mean the "Choose 1 of 3 spells" thing, most of those cards just happen to be Mages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

No Mods No Masters posted:

Yeah I don't think it needs to be nerfed right now since the rest of the archetype isn't really good enough to support it, but in a vacuum it's an insane card

I'd be fine with nerfing it's value but I wish more monster cards had the deathwish rule for the spawned harpies to interact with. Those little bastards popping out and triggering a flood of additional nekkers always makes me laugh