Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Starkiller was fun as hell and I wish we could get another character with the same fighting style. Like a ninja with a chain attached to his sword or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acksplode
May 17, 2004

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Here we must part as friends. Goodbye sir, may your blade chip and shatter.

Hey-yah! *throws u 10ft for a ring out*

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
What did the latest firmware update do for the system? I really wish they'd give more detail than the generic "system stability improvements" flavor text.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Morby posted:

What did the latest firmware update do for the system? I really wish they'd give more detail than the generic "system stability improvements" flavor text.
I saw a link on some random PS news site talking about some new kind of a new standings display for organized tournaments, but I didn't know what was a thing to begin with so I'm not sure?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
New icons.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I'm thinking about getting a Pro depending on how E3 turns out, have Sony andded some kind of group-finding system like the Xbox has?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

I'm thinking about getting a Pro depending on how E3 turns out, have Sony andded some kind of group-finding system like the Xbox has?

There's a communities app that lets you search for groups by game.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Your going to be more specific. There's communities which links people up, but in my experience they are used much. The party system works just like Xbox now, and you can link up via group chat threads.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

Your going to be more specific. There's communities which links people up, but in my experience they are used much.

🤔🤔🤔

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

Your going to be more specific. There's communities which links people up, but in my experience they are used much. The party system works just like Xbox now, and you can link up via group chat threads.

I'm not talking about the party system, I'm talking about a Looking for Group alternative.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Anyone else having problems with their system locking up trying to turn on since downloading the latest firmware? Exact same thing I had last time too.

"Rebuilding database: Remaining time 99 hours"

A True Jar Jar Fan fucked around with this message at 01:50 on May 31, 2017

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That would be communities and yeah they exist, but at this point everyone just seems to use group chat. I'm sure there are communities that are super active but I haven't seen one that hasn't died after a few weeks. They are just not really at the forefront so people don't seem to think to use them.

Aren't*

RME
Feb 20, 2012

how come sony never got PSX Classics working on the PS4
they were already on an emulation layer anyways

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

RME posted:

:effort:

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

There probably isn't money in the effort required to bring it over, and they are under no market pressure to do so.

Also, they can 'remaster' the games they think would actually sell.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

RME posted:

Their plan was to put them on ps now but thats not setting the world on fire. I bet they'll languish until ps3 sunsets and then they'll make an effort to do something.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

Anyone else having problems with their system locking up trying to turn on since downloading the latest firmware? Exact same thing I had last time too.

"Rebuilding database: Remaining time 99 hours"

Do you use rest mode a lot? Most weird and random problems come from using rest mode too frequently without an occasional reboot.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I almost never use rest mode, hadn't used it recently.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

RME posted:

Not worth it. There's already a Crash Bandicoot remaster trilogy coming out real soon, FF7, and probably various other games they don't even have the rights to anyways but honestly most PSX games have aged like garbage and better left as a vague nostalgic memory. Like I loved Star Ocean 2 when I was younger and probably put 300+ hrs into it, but I would not even want to touch it now, same with Twisted Metal 2 and some other games. The only thing I'd probably want to replay is Crash Bandicooot and I'll probably get the remastered trilogy. I can't think of really any other Sony first-second party games they have licenship to to replay, especially as they were.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Have the Rime devs said anything at all whatsoever about performance?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I recently played MGS1 for the first time and it holds up pretty well. Even the backtracking wasn't the worst thing ever. Torture sequence was kind of rough. Still really glad I played it. Speaking of Konami, Castlevania SOTN is still a gem.

I think there's definitely a market for PSX classics, but I do think it's uncertain if we'll ever see them on PS4.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Xaris posted:

Not worth it. There's already a Crash Bandicoot remaster trilogy coming out real soon, FF7, and probably various other games they don't even have the rights to anyways but honestly most PSX games have aged like garbage and better left as a vague nostalgic memory. Like I loved Star Ocean 2 when I was younger and probably put 300+ hrs into it, but I would not even want to touch it now, same with Twisted Metal 2 and some other games. The only thing I'd probably want to replay is Crash Bandicooot and I'll probably get the remastered trilogy. I can't think of really any other Sony first-second party games they have licenship to to replay, especially as they were.

drat if a star ocean game is what you remember fondly no wonder you dont like psx games

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Xaris posted:

There's about 300 PS1 games available in the US to buy on the PS Store

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Edit: sorry I'm dumb, move on.

loudog999 fucked around with this message at 03:27 on May 31, 2017

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Grabbed a physical copy of GTA5 and :lol: at those controls before the 13gb patch downloaded.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Grabbed a physical copy of GTA5 and :lol: at those controls before the 13gb patch downloaded.
How much have they changed since I stopped playing, like six months after the PS3 release? They were way better than previous GTA games but still really primitive then.

edit: mostly shooting controls, other things were fairly ok if I remember right.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

How much have they changed since I stopped playing, like six months after the PS3 release? They were way better than previous GTA games but still really primitive then.

edit: mostly shooting controls, other things were fairly ok if I remember right.
I never touched the last-gen version so I can't speak from personal experience, but when I googled looking to see if I was missing a setting or something the first article I read said the new versions got a patch that added some stuff like dead zone and acceleration sliders that specifically weren't in the 360/PS3 versions. Then once the patch installed I got caught up doing everything but the actual core gameplay so I don't think I've even tried the new controls in a gunfight, but at least walking around feels much better. At first it felt like the release Witcher 3 controls where it seems like you're in drunk mode the whole time. I hope the shooting's better -- the intro sequences of the botched bank heist and the first repo mission were hellacious.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Xaris posted:

PSX games I'd play:

Devil Dice, Intelligent Qube, Metal Gear Solid, Tenchu 1 and 2, Valkyrie Profile, Castlevania SOTN, Jet Moto, Breath of Fire 3, Breath of Fire 4, Klonoa, Colony Wars 1-3, Suikoden 2, Tomba, Einhander, FF Tactics, Vagrant Story, Chrono Cross, FF8, Resident Evil 2, Xenogears, The Unholy War, Alundra, Heart of Darkness, Bushido Blade, Parasite Eve, Vin Ribbon, Soul Reaver, Rogue Trip, Star Gladiator.

So, I guess what I'm saying is that Crash Bandicoot is literally the last PSX game I'd want to play.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

bring back incredible crisis

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I came this close to putting Incredible Crisis on the list.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
You can play MGS on PS4 can't you? I swear I have.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I came this close to putting Incredible Crisis on the list.

You'd consider Incredible Crisis, but not Bust-A-Groove? :colbert:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You'd consider Incredible Crisis, but not Bust-A-Groove? :colbert:

I came this close to putting Bust-A-Groove on the list.

Crusty Juggler
Mar 26, 2009

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I never touched the last-gen version so I can't speak from personal experience, but when I googled looking to see if I was missing a setting or something the first article I read said the new versions got a patch that added some stuff like dead zone and acceleration sliders that specifically weren't in the 360/PS3 versions. Then once the patch installed I got caught up doing everything but the actual core gameplay so I don't think I've even tried the new controls in a gunfight, but at least walking around feels much better. At first it felt like the release Witcher 3 controls where it seems like you're in drunk mode the whole time. I hope the shooting's better -- the intro sequences of the botched bank heist and the first repo mission were hellacious.

Did they make it so you don't have to hold X to move at a reasonable speed that doesn't make me want to loving kill myself

That's the main reason I haven't played more than 30 mins of RDR

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Tricky Towers is the best game for a date. I know it's old but this drat game keeps coming in handy!

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/869741278631559168

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Wvg71YtZKs

Edit: I mean, it's not like trying to recognize silhouettes in a fraction of a second in an FPS, I feel like you will have a pretty good idea of who you're fighting in a duel game?

Man, 99 % of the choices are terrible - that part hasn't changed from the older Tekken games I guess.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

JBP posted:

You can play MGS on PS4 can't you? I swear I have.

I wish. If there is a way, let me know...

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The vita is cool because you can play like every good PSX game on it and they always go on sale for like $1 and the system also only costs about $1 now as well. Also they look less lovely on a tiny screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Halp, Yakuza 0 is impossible :(

I hear it's the easiest yakuza game, too :(

Also, I had to manually delete over a hundred notifications so that I could upload a video to YouTube.

Also it's taking me 20 minutes to upload a 3 minute video.

Having a really hard time finding faith in mankind right now.