Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Jacksonville boooooo why can't that be Orlando. I've wanted to check you guys out since seeing your live setup. It's imposing.

What tuning are you all in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pokey Araya
Jan 1, 2007
C Standard, and a couple songs in drop A#. We did 6 days in Florida a while back, and it was rad as gently caress. Thunderclap and Shroudeater are kickass bands that everyone in Florida should check out.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I've been in B and don't sound half that heavy. loving hell. Time to woodshed the riff writing.

I'll give them a listen. I've been so put off by the local scenes because all I used to hear was bad hardcore/bad deathcore/bad mathcore. The swamplands need more murky swampy gatordoom.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
That song and video are both kicking rad (that's what the kids are saying right?). If you guys ever make it international and come to Australia I will gladly buy you a beer after some thorough dooming.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Pokey Araya posted:

Reposting, this tour is about to kick off for us, if you guys wanna hear that song live, we're playing it, and some other new ones. Come grab a beer with me.

You're playing down the street from my house in Chicago. If I'd known further ahead of time I would've tried to snag a local opener spot!

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!

Pokey Araya posted:

C Standard, and a couple songs in drop A#. We did 6 days in Florida a while back, and it was rad as gently caress. Thunderclap and Shroudeater are kickass bands that everyone in Florida should check out.

Shroudeater owns and yes, everyone should listen to them.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Yup this is sick.

Shroud Eater - Sudden Plague

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Man, how did this pass me by? An unreleased Manatees LP was released a year or two ago:

https://manatees-uk.bandcamp.com/album/helvellyn

quote:

RECORDED IN 2009 THIS FULL LENGTH ALBUM WAS SHELVED FOR REASONS BEYOND THE BANDS CONTROL AND A STRUGGLE TO RETRIEVE THE THE RIGHTS WHILST TOURING THE UK AND EUROPE TIRELESSLY ULTIMATELY PLAYED A PART IN THE END OF THE BAND BEFORE IT COULD BE RELEASED. SHELS MUSIC HAVING HEARD THE LOST RECORD HAVE DECIDED IT WAS TOO GOOD TO BE SITTING ON A SHELF COLLECTING DUST AND ARE NOW RELEASING IT ON LTD 12" COLOURED VINYL.

Album is on Spotify. It's as interesting as they always have been as a sludge band hitting those experimental and emotional notes over some really loving good riffs.

binaryslacker
Sep 4, 2011

Good Times
I like weedeater, do you like weedeater?

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Weedeater rule.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I like weed, and eating, and eating weed, does that count?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Adult swims single program is 52 tracks this year including a new :siren: SLEEP :siren: track

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Putting out another call to see if anyone in here woul'd be interested in contributing weekly reviews to a stoner/doom/sludge-focused music site. If so, please PM me.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

binaryslacker posted:

I like weedeater, do you like weedeater?

they kickass and I'm probably gonna go see them at Cats Cradle on the 29th

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
They're way better live than on record. I just wish their headlining sets were more than 45 minutes long.

yoober
Nov 21, 2010

if you dig weedeater check out slowjoint. their first demo was called "retarded blues anthems" which is peak name imo

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

yoober posted:

if you dig weedeater check out slowjoint. their first demo was called "retarded blues anthems" which is peak name imo

They like Weedeater so much they stole their font!

OpaqueEcho
Feb 8, 2003

oh no no bro oh no
Elder's latest is out today:
https://beholdtheelder.bandcamp.com/album/reflections-of-a-floating-world

binaryslacker
Sep 4, 2011

Good Times

Kvlt! posted:

Is there a metal fonts thread yet?

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

It's extremely good.

Elrobot
Dec 28, 2004
Press the buttons all at once, all of the time

Kvlt! posted:

it's the down font, they toured together in 2009

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

Elrobot posted:

it's the down font, they toured together in 2009

So they contracted the font from Down? Like an STD (STF)?

binaryslacker
Sep 4, 2011

Good Times

Detective Thompson posted:

laugh :cawg:

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Detective Thompson posted:

Needle Bong sharing is a dangerous game to play.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Pallbearer is playing a street fest by my apartment.

Downside is it's at the same time as Protomartyr :negative:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Hot Diggity! posted:

That would be a tough call for me as well, lovely luck

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Hot Diggity! posted:

Pallbearer are a way better live band but also it's gonna be a weird energy for a doom metal band (although I know Do Division likes to do weird poo poo like have The Body). I thought about going but I also just saw Pallbearer for the third time so I think I'll just watch the NBA Finals.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

This new Elder is loving fantastic

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

This new Elder is loving fantastic

:agreed: it completely owns

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Henchman of Santa posted:

Pallbearer are a way better live band but also it's gonna be a weird energy for a doom metal band (although I know Do Division likes to do weird poo poo like have The Body). I thought about going but I also just saw Pallbearer for the third time so I think I'll just watch the NBA Finals.

The Body last year owned. Tiny crowd, tons of people walking by covering their ears. The show at the Bottle after with Bloodyminded was even better.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Were they also playing mid-day?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Hot Diggity! posted:

The Body last year owned. Tiny crowd, tons of people walking by covering their ears. The show at the Bottle after with Bloodyminded was even better.

yesss

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I wish I could get into The Body's music. They seem like good dudes and their aesthetic is great but I can't. That's hilarious though.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
They have a lot of ups and downs. Also their vocalist sounds like Lemongrab.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I'm allergic to the noise scene.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
New Melvins double album in a month, plus Dale Crover is releasing a solo record (that won't be very doomy if the first single is any indication, though)

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
I'm digging the hell out of the new Below the Sun. Envoy was good but this is really my poo poo. Also just started listening to the new Elder, and so far I like it a lot more than Lore.

e: also is that a theremin in Sonntag?

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Kilometers Davis posted:

I'm allergic to the noise scene.

Good thing they're not a noise band then.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

A human heart posted:

Not primarily but they show a lot of influence and have worked it into their songs. They're absolutely in the current noise scene/circles/whatever though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VELOUR SPACESUIT
Feb 4, 2008

Well well well, this looks to be one disturbingly erotic post

A human heart posted:

On their most recent tour they basically just did noise versions of their songs. It was equal parts bad and fantastic.

Been jamming the new Norska album since it came out and it is blowing my brains out. Extremely heavy, eclectic, and original.

Ordered the vinyl a while back and it didn't ship until days after the actual release. Anyone ever had problems with shipping from Brutal Panda Records?