Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Oh, it'd probably be for quick and easy access to rank ups while running something worthwhile. I need to farm Dios for ALB anyway. Totally forgot about the leader switch skills!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Free Roll: Ilm - wow nice I'm sure my stone rolls will be poo poo though haha

1st Roll: Ra
2nd: Fujin

:stare: uh maybe I should stop now.

Edit: And a second Fujin! also Andromeda which isn't impressive I guess but I've wanted one for a long time. Hmmm may drop a pack on this even though I said I was done spending money on this game and don't play anywhere close to as much as I used to. I would like a kushinadahime though.

Axetrain fucked around with this message at 00:20 on May 31, 2017

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Oh, it'd probably be for quick and easy access to rank ups while running something worthwhile. I need to farm Dios for ALB anyway. Totally forgot about the leader switch skills!

Just take it easy and don't be afraid to waste stamina here and there. The experience/rank guides are the first step down the optimization rabbit hole, where people try to shave 0.2 seconds from a run because they're planning to run the place until they puke. Currently there are setups (for the crazies) that let you farm 10 million or more exp per hour (Hanuman gives 20+m per hour, lol)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWekmtMbZtU

Now do that 12 hours a day to get the idea about where this is going.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

trucutru posted:

Just take it easy and don't be afraid to waste stamina here and there. The experience/rank guides are the first step down the optimization rabbit hole, where people try to shave 0.2 seconds from a run because they're planning to run the place until they puke. Currently there are setups (for the crazies) that let you farm 10 million or more exp per hour (Hanuman gives 20+m per hour, lol)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWekmtMbZtU

Now do that 12 hours a day to get the idea about where this is going.

I remember the insanity it was to have you carry me through this poo poo and here's a luxury push button team for it loving :lol: this game is insane.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
I've only done my free roll and it was a Sheen. What is a Sheen good for?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

vulturesrow posted:

I've only done my free roll and it was a Sheen. What is a Sheen good for?

she's a great damage spike. inherit her on a team with a lot of time extend awakenings and you can get over 4x damage when you use her skill

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

pookel posted:

My rolls: Anubis, Chester, Loki, Undine, Zweihander. In other words absolutely nothing useful for me. I know Anubis is supposed to be top-tier but I don't think I can effectively use him at this point.

As for the rest - thoughts on whether I need to keep them all vs. feed those sweet +50s to cards I actually use?

Anubis can be a good dark orb changer sub. He's pretty difficult to run as lead without a lot of time enhance awakenings and/or experience making an absolute poo poo ton of combos.

Loki is a great enhance for dark teams.

Chester (Either color, red or dark) can be a fantastically useful sub to get you to full skill bind immunity when you've got a pretty small selection of monsters. Some dungeons it's better to be skill bind immune with a lower stat, even off color monster.

Undine give full immunity from fire for a turn. Every now and then one of the Elementals, like Undine, is key for some dungeon strategy.

Zweihander is pretty punchy and gives a decent boost to attackers.

The game has been handing out pluses like crazy lately. I wouldn't scavenge REM pulls for them. I'd suggest just saving all your pal points for the next time the Pal Egg Machine spits out +eggs.

Olothreutes posted:

Oh neat. I'm not even to rank 100 so I suspect it'll be a minute before much of this matters, but I did get another roll and pulled Anubis.

I swapped my leader from Mito (who I was using basically for the extra two seconds because I'm a scrub) to Leilan because it's relatively easy for me to turn on her combo multiplier even with the reduced time. At the moment I'm probably going to trim my friends list to include Ilmina, because the combo is easy to trigger and 7x6 board is really nice. The two of them together are working well enough right now. I have an Echidna that I'm leveling up and can probably use at some point, I've heard that menace is a pretty useful active.

Is there a decent resource for figuring this stuff out for myself?

Same deal on Anubis.

Are we friends? I'm 304,382,267. I usually have Awoken Minerva or Ilmina up.

I find the PADGuide app useful. You can look up monsters you have and see all of their evos. It helps since a lot of monsters change leader skills and some have different active skills. You can also see dungeon floors and come up with your own strategies based on what's in your monster box. It also helps to play for 1200+ days. :v:

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Olothreutes posted:

Is there a decent resource for figuring this stuff out for myself?
Most resources are outdated so I wouldn't bother. Just ask in the thread or on the goon/reddit discord.

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010
Thanks to Nosre for the info on my pulls earlier. Now I just have to try to find room on one of my teams for any of them, though Liu Bei is probably going to replace Osiris as my green team leader as soon as I can get the materials for his Awoken ult.

Creepyking
Dec 6, 2004
Ok, after buying an 85 pack after my first 10 rolls were awful i managed to get alot of far better options from the next set of rolls. I now have 3 Hakus compared to the one I started with today, I even rolled them back to back. To go with my loki and persephone. I will have 725k MP after tmrw so i just need to sell alot of the silver trash i got today and I can buy Dathena. In terms of inherits i already have indra, the blue jewel girl, and either hyrda or orochi. I am not entirely sure what else I need to shoot for to make this team even better besides the better jewel girl. I also have a bunch of Ra's sitting around to inherit for true damage to.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Rascyc posted:

Most resources are outdated so I wouldn't bother. Just ask in the thread or on the goon/reddit discord.

PADGuide has been pretty current with monster stats, dungeon floors and events but completely ignore the team suggestions button. I forgot that existed.

Use it if you like to figure out things yourself and don't mind wasting stamina. Ask in discord if you want someone to build you a team or carry you through a dungeon. Both are fun.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Televisio Frankus posted:

Thanks to Nosre for the info on my pulls earlier. Now I just have to try to find room on one of my teams for any of them, though Liu Bei is probably going to replace Osiris as my green team leader as soon as I can get the materials for his Awoken ult.

With Liu Bei a long term goal is to get (ad skill up, as well as uevo) a couple Zeus Dios units because you can basically pushbutton clear an insane amount of content with said team. Especially in multiplayer with another Liu Bei squad.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
I got the Nougat upgrade for my tablet and now I can't play on both my tablet and phone. I didn't have a problem doing this before. I copied data048 and data056 to both the tablet and phone but it still deletes my data from the other device every time. I never had this problem before even when I was running different versions of Android. My phone is still stuck on Lollipop. Does anyone have any ideas?

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

Creepyking posted:

Ok, after buying an 85 pack after my first 10 rolls were awful i managed to get alot of far better options from the next set of rolls. I now have 3 Hakus compared to the one I started with today, I even rolled them back to back. To go with my loki and persephone. I will have 725k MP after tmrw so i just need to sell alot of the silver trash i got today and I can buy Dathena. In terms of inherits i already have indra, the blue jewel girl, and either hyrda or orochi. I am not entirely sure what else I need to shoot for to make this team even better besides the better jewel girl. I also have a bunch of Ra's sitting around to inherit for true damage to.

Lead: DAthena(Fujin/Orochi)
S1: Haku(Lumiel)
S2: Haku(Ryune)
S3: Haku(Indra)
S4: Loki(Carat)

Is pretty much perfect. If you don't have Ryune she can be replaced by Typhon, Lumiel can be replaced by Famiel or any poison long enough that you won't accidentally try to poison DKali at the end of an arena when you get dark trolled. Put two Phys killers on your leader, one dragon killer on each Haku, then fill the rest with SDR and dark/green resists.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Sheen (free pull)
Zweihander
Ruka
Viper Orochi
Haku
Shadow Dragon Knight
DQXQ (dupe)
Ur-chimera (lol)
Radious
Anubis
Indra (dupe)

Can't complain although I'm not sure what I'm doing to do with Anubis.

Creepyking
Dec 6, 2004

TheQuietWilds posted:

Lead: DAthena(Fujin/Orochi)
S1: Haku(Lumiel)
S2: Haku(Ryune)
S3: Haku(Indra)
S4: Loki(Carat)

Is pretty much perfect. If you don't have Ryune she can be replaced by Typhon, Lumiel can be replaced by Famiel or any poison long enough that you won't accidentally try to poison DKali at the end of an arena when you get dark trolled. Put two Phys killers on your leader, one dragon killer on each Haku, then fill the rest with SDR and dark/green resists.

Ok That seems workable. I lack the Lumiel and Ryune. Also need to get to work on my Hakus but that is more of a supplies issue then anything else. One Haku is revo'ed and almost max level. I have the materials to awaken Loki soon. Then I just need to collect the parts for the other two Hakus. I need to find a multitarget poison at some point but in the mean time ill deal with using Ra or something else on my team for those Predra/etc floors once i can handle arena better. And I just need to get some awakenings on Indra and a not awoken evo. And Work on Orochi in the same way. In the mean time as I work the team up though it should still be pretty powerful as is at least even at half strength.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

GoodBee posted:

PADGuide has been pretty current with monster stats, dungeon floors and events but completely ignore the team suggestions button. I forgot that existed.

Use it if you like to figure out things yourself and don't mind wasting stamina. Ask in discord if you want someone to build you a team or carry you through a dungeon. Both are fun.
I thought he was asking for resources to build a team so my mistake

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!

Dark Gala is strong!

It's my first Liu Bei, DQXQ, Sheen, Pandora, and only my second Haku/Loki. On the other hand, it's the 5th and 6th Persephone, 4th Eschamali, 5th Isis, and not shown, my free roll was my 5th or 6th Orochi. Also there's stupid Zweihander and Creuse.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Rascyc posted:

I thought he was asking for resources to build a team so my mistake

No, you were correct, at least in part. I read the stuff on whatever wiki is linked in the OP and got far enough to realize that none of it was particularly relevant anymore, because the first 10 dungeons I did put me over rank 60 (once in a lifetime and a 5 snowglobe rush). Now I have a bunch of cards I have no idea how to use, which to evolve, etc, and I'm also not particularly good at the game yet even though I'm through a bunch of the content.

So yeah, I need to know how to build a team. And everything else too.

GoodBee posted:

Same deal on Anubis.

Are we friends? I'm 304,382,267. I usually have Awoken Minerva or Ilmina up.

I find the PADGuide app useful. You can look up monsters you have and see all of their evos. It helps since a lot of monsters change leader skills and some have different active skills. You can also see dungeon floors and come up with your own strategies based on what's in your monster box. It also helps to play for 1200+ days. :v:

I'm pretty sure we aren't friends, but that should be easy to fix. I'm 343,427,495. After doing a bunch of runs I'm not sure that moving to Leilan was a good idea because I'm running out of time to move things around. At the same time counting on having a few extra seconds seems like a bad idea ultimately.

Olothreutes fucked around with this message at 10:30 on May 31, 2017

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Bought 20 bucks worth of stones and rolled Kushi, that plus Fujin was pretty much all I wanted from this GF so I'm done with it. not bad.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Olothreutes posted:

So yeah, I need to know how to build a team. And everything else too.

One annoying thing about team building early game is that the stones come faster than you can level/evo/awaken your monsters, so your best possible team keeps changing.

And now there's multiplayer dungeons that add another factor into team building. If you want to play mostly solo, you'll probably want to have a wider selection of monsters to pull from, since you don't have another full team to cover your weaknesses. If you want to find multiplayer partners on discord, you probably want to make a team that's compatible with top internet teams. If you want to play multiplayer with irl friends then you need to look at both boxes and find compatible leaders.

I mostly play solo or with friends in person so I tend to make some janky teams. Of course, now one has DAthena up and running, the other has Revo Persephone/Haku/Sima Yi/Loki and I'm puttering along with Neptune.

If you make a PadHerder and post it, we can give advice based on your box. We can even try to explain why those teams work. That might get the ball rolling.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

So do normals like myself have any chance of making good use of Aunbis?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

SweetJahasus posted:

PCGF True Story:

As I pulled on the dragon's arm I aloud just yelled HAKUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU and I pulled a Haku.

It works.

drat it I want a Samurai Jack collab now

e: also I need a ton of finger awakenings because I got too used to them with Krishna and now I suck

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

vulturesrow posted:

If you absolutely stack the team with TE then anything is possible, including regularly 8-comboing. However, that requires having specific cards. Like... rYomi and a pair of DiaoChans

Edit: Alt just rolled a second DKali (two DKali in like, six rolls :stare:). Is It still worth it to buy RaDra? Team would be RaDra+DAthena/DKali/DKali/rKushi

TheQuietWilds fucked around with this message at 16:22 on May 31, 2017

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

did some challenges and got 2 more rolls.

Ganesha
Haku #3.

THANKS

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

vulturesrow posted:

Cross your fingers and hope that Diablos comes to the US. Start practicing with Sima Yi friends. Hitting 8 combos should be doable even for normals if you have enough time extends in a 7x6 board. There is actually no planning required to hit 8 (unlike, say 12) on a large board so you can just hunt-and-peck 3-matches and do fine.

You don't need any particular REM monster to Anubis because the gunma crane is available to power your leader skill.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
I've been farming colosseum with anubis/diablos for a while now, and you don't need, and should not run, gunma or diaochans for anubis/diablos teams

85x is completely fine for most things (usually around 15-30 million total damage on an average board) and you want as many impactful skills as possible for the hard waves, the most important for colo being dark + heart making skills to trigger follow up attack

of course NA probably isn't getting diablos so this is all moot

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!

Paul Zuvella posted:

Ganesha
Haku #3.

THANKS

You inspired me to do the same.

Andromeda
Lumiel #2

I'll take it! I'll accept the fact I won't get a third haku.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

trucutru posted:

Cross your fingers and hope that Diablos comes to the US. Start practicing with Sima Yi friends. Hitting 8 combos should be doable even for normals if you have enough time extends in a 7x6 board. There is actually no planning required to hit 8 (unlike, say 12) on a large board so you can just hunt-and-peck 3-matches and do fine.
Yeah, I actually hit 8 pretty regularly on a 7x6 board as a noob. My regular teams are:

Apocalypse +
Light Athena/Momiji/Pollux/Sheena

Paired with a friend's Light Ilmina gets me a 7x6 board and at least 9x damage + defense as long as I can combo Fr/Lt/Dk every turn, which I usually can, and

Gan Ning +
Blue Odin/Ame no Uzume/Kuvia/something else

Paired with a friend's Julie gets me a 7x6 board with at least 17.5x damage + defense as long as I can combo Fr/Wt/Wd every turn, which I usually can.

I probably have other options, but I have a really hard time playing on a 6x5 board since I got better at comboing on the bigger board. I don't get 8 combos, like, every single turn, but I can line up at least 5 or 6 every time and then usually get to 8 with skyfall. I realize this is probably still weaksauce, but I've been playing for maybe 5 weeks and I'm getting through easier Descends, so it seems ok.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Zo posted:

of course NA probably isn't getting diablos so this is all moot

Why?

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

NA always has to deal with a lot more licensing bullshit to get collabs, meaning most of them either never come to NA or are delayed by a ton.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I don't think NA has ever got a MH collab either despite having the MH games released in the US.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

got enough for another roll per account off of free stones so I threw them down the drain and got my 4th thumbelina (rip) and a dupe kushinada. any reason to have multiples of her outside of giving the first one some sdr?

Rascyc posted:

I don't think NA has ever got a MH collab either despite having the MH games released in the US.

well that's a bummer

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体
On the other hand, NA never got FFCD yet got mainline FF anyways, albeit after a big delay. It's possible for the same to happen to MH but it's really up to the whims of Capcom.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rascyc posted:

The other MH collab was about that lovely cat game (that I think just got axed?) that never got released in the US. The actual Monter Hunter has a good chance of appearing in the US since it is a single intellectual property, is pretty well-known, and will rack in the cash (not that it will be 10% of what it got in JP). The shonen jump collabs will never come to the US because that's a licensing nightmare.

So if Capcom is about to release a new MonHun game in the US and GungHo can convince them it should get in.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

trucutru posted:

So if Capcom is about to release a new MonHun game in the US and GungHo can convince them it should get in.
They did just announce a port of MH4XX or whatever it's called to the Switch from the 3DS. That's 1/2.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Paul Zuvella posted:

Ganesha
Haku #3.

THANKS

Meanwhile my challenge stones yesterday and today got me:

FA Lucifer - dupe
Pandora - new :confuoot:
Anubis - dupe

and some other worthless garbage. The desire sensor is real and it's set my Haku drop rate to gently caress You percent.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
I should have known better than to hope for 2 Diaochans. I have received nothing but a Sheen for my trouble. I am happy about getting my first Sheen for NY Yomi though.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

GoodBee posted:

One annoying thing about team building early game is that the stones come faster than you can level/evo/awaken your monsters, so your best possible team keeps changing.

And now there's multiplayer dungeons that add another factor into team building. If you want to play mostly solo, you'll probably want to have a wider selection of monsters to pull from, since you don't have another full team to cover your weaknesses. If you want to find multiplayer partners on discord, you probably want to make a team that's compatible with top internet teams. If you want to play multiplayer with irl friends then you need to look at both boxes and find compatible leaders.

I mostly play solo or with friends in person so I tend to make some janky teams. Of course, now one has DAthena up and running, the other has Revo Persephone/Haku/Sima Yi/Loki and I'm puttering along with Neptune.

If you make a PadHerder and post it, we can give advice based on your box. We can even try to explain why those teams work. That might get the ball rolling.

I tend to play solo right now, but I am not opposed to playing multiplayer. Here is my PadHerder account. I made a lot of bad decisions (fusing, mostly) very early before I thought to myself "I bet there's a thread in games on this."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Hrm. I bought stones a couple minutes ago. It told me I needed to restart my device. So I did and now when I went into the game, no stones, and when I attempt to purchase it says "you already own that item".

I also have an email confirming I purchased the stones. How should I go about getting help for this?