Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
it's true, I have not given much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
pinterest coming at me straight out of the gate day 2 is really suspect

especially since i'm pretty sure i was the night kill target last night

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
on the other hand that seems like a risky move???

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

bowmore posted:

why are you pretty sure

i don't need to know what your evidence is, i'm just curious if you have any or if you're just speculating

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

bowmore posted:

Why

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

BottleKnight posted:

why are you pretty sure

i don't need to know what your evidence is, i'm just curious if you have any or if you're just speculating
there wasn't a kill last night and my role prevents night kills, but I got not specific notification about prevention

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Why does scum go after the NK target if that person can either be cleared by a doctor or credibly claim bulletproof

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Pinterest Mom posted:

Why does scum go after the NK target if that person can either be cleared by a doctor or credibly claim bulletproof
yeah thats why i'm not voting you atm

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
nevermind, I spoke too soon, I don't think I prevented the kill now

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
awkward :0

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Scum could have withheld idk

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
guys I set my run club PR today :toot:

peramene posted:

I mean I guess here's this. As scum I don't see Pmush putting a scumbuddy first in a list especially with such an honest play for defending me in my eyes rather than y'all's.

what does this mean?

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Poque posted:

what does this mean?

"As scum I don't see Pmush putting a scumbuddy first in a list especially with such an honest play for defending me in my eyes rather than y'all's"

If PMush is scum, as flip indicates was true, would PMush make a list of several people comparing their relative scum-level so to speak, and then put a fellow scumbuddy first in that list? Especially - observe the entry about me:

PMush Perfect posted:

There's only seven of us, so I might as well put down what I feel about everyone, in case I come back on D2 as a corpse.

pera reminds me of how sometimes I'll put a lot of thoughts into a post just to get things down on paper, and being a train-of-thought posters fits well with what I already know of her. Feels town to me.

This isn't really a play (imo) for the rest of you to believe I'm town, this is a play for me to trust that PMush is town because PMush clearly gets me. It doesn't really matter to her if the rest of the town thinks I'm scum and puts me on the block, what mattered was getting my attention and getting it off of her - because obvi she knows I'm town so she'll excuse my peculiar style of posting. That doesn't mean poo poo to ya'll.

It's a tiny soft-defense that I'm town, PMush put a small amount of effort in to winning my trust. It could just as easily be cover, especially if coordinated. I'm just a noob chasing cars dude, I don't have a clue what to do when I finally get one.

Bowmore, did you mean to claim cop?

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
ffs, doc

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
why you trying to role fish me mate

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

How did the doc not claim yet

mostly

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
i missed what you said earlier about the whole prevention thing -- why would they target you if you were lurkin' up a storm, if I were scum I'd want you alive today

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

peramene posted:

i missed what you said earlier about the whole prevention thing -- why would they target you if you were lurkin' up a storm, if I were scum I'd want you alive today
some people target lurkers

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
as scum? that seems silly

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

peramene posted:

as scum? that seems silly
people do it for the "good of the game" or some similar kind of rubbish

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
took me this long to realize I was indeed betrayed by a fellow p

devastating tbh

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

That train logically ended in me buying a name change to pottleknight so better to dispel that reality now, tbh

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

so people who say or imply they aren't responsible for the lack of NK are:
Kashuno
Pera
me
bowmore

BK, Poque?

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Pinterest Mom posted:

so people who say or imply they aren't responsible for the lack of NK are:
Kashuno
Pera
me
bowmore

BK, Poque?

why do you antagonize me so
just in case im on your imply list i am saying i had nothing to do with it

BottleKnight posted:

That train logically ended in me buying a name change to pottleknight so better to dispel that reality now, tbh

more like pottieknight

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I'm a dude-aligned vanilla

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Not me

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
what is your alignment poque

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Dude

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

eh
##vote poque

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Poque, if you're scum, it must be hard to resist telling us what kind of flavor you are

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
##vote pera

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
##unvote

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
i dont even get a big showdown case? all the scummy things i've done this game that are just that natural pera irl scumminess but you could use to your advantage? even if you're town i would hope you'd do that at least. bums me out. it may have been a lovely case come dawn but yo, at least you got one.

##vote poque

bummed.

Poque posted:

Another one, you call it out but have voted other people (person? On phone)

I only voted for bowmore after making a case (and only because I wanted to put weight behind my case - I even discussed being uncomfortable placing the vote due to potential shenanigans, a sentiment you have also said.

Poque posted:

You've excused pmush while making weaker cases on other people several times now and it isn't sitting well, why do you make calls on others but sneak pmush cases in elsewhere?

I don't know that I did this but if I did this I don't understand why it matters, particularly when pmush --- oh, I see, we could be scumbuddies and I could be doing a backup plan.

Poque posted:

Would vote pera or pmush fwiw. Or Kash. No pmom

"you just don't put your scumbuddies first in a list" - me, pmush, the accuser, but definitely not pmom

Poque posted:

This is still so odd to me that you make a vote that pushes pmush to -1 while making several pmush cases as secondary to others but say that your cases go ignored. You're very aware if the link between you that you're trying to show

I missed this somehow - my case on bowmore went unsupported, (I'm not sure if this is conscious misrepresentation or not) I don't feel I made a proper case on pmush and didn't truly believe she was scum. I also completely hosed up however in the world pmush got put up - I thought it was pmom and even in my pmush quote you can see me say "fuckin pmom is in the driver's seat" and then I vote Kash's candidate and expect Kash's vote to follow me. I remain ignorant of 'the link between us that I'm trying to show'(?) as well as what in the world you mean by that. Look at this:

peramene posted:

Bring us home, Kash. drat the double double, full spread ahead.

this isn't some masterful plan, once again, I rushed and misread poo poo and leapt to hasty conclusions

PMush Perfect posted:

6. PMom. IDK who else

ladymush tries to get me comfortable with voting pmom.

PMush Perfect posted:

I was hoping playing with pera would be fun but she's getting super aggro. :ohdear:

speaking of which -- this is a warning to me to calm down because a) I'm a potential asset to mush (we homies) and b) she can't warn me in a scumdoc

PMush Perfect posted:

What I find scummy is you pushing so hard to force through jokephase. Like you're trying to make yourself seem like you're being productive without really doing much but harassing other people for not contributing enough. Too many questions, not enough answers.

##vote Pinterest Mom

puts her weight behind the pmom vote which boils down to "pmom's being rude" which is like voting me because I make a production out of things, why not always vote me, why not just refuse to play with me, etc

PMush Perfect posted:

Hell, let's ##vote bowmore

Fifteen minutes to go, and it doesn't look like the Kash vote is getting anywhere.

she even switches to my candidate, having not realized I was giving into the larger party voting her - so she potentially provokes a nl - and I don't even realize she's on bow before I get done with my switch post. It took a long time to find that burger emote.

all of that being said, poque's been pushing me for a while, but to be fair, I've been pushing him, which leads me to someone we've all considered but hasn't really been talked about all that much

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
##unvote

whoops left my revenge vote in from draft 1, ignore

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

peramene posted:

i dont even get a big showdown case? all the scummy things i've done this game that are just that natural pera irl scumminess but you could use to your advantage? even if you're town i would hope you'd do that at least. bums me out. it may have been a lovely case come dawn but yo, at least you got one.

##vote poque

bummed.

I only voted for bowmore after making a case (and only because I wanted to put weight behind my case - I even discussed being uncomfortable placing the vote due to potential shenanigans, a sentiment you have also said.

I don't know that I did this but if I did this I don't understand why it matters, particularly when pmush --- oh, I see, we could be scumbuddies and I could be doing a backup plan.

"you just don't put your scumbuddies first in a list" - me, pmush, the accuser, but definitely not pmom

I missed this somehow - my case on bowmore went unsupported, (I'm not sure if this is conscious misrepresentation or not) I don't feel I made a proper case on pmush and didn't truly believe she was scum. I also completely hosed up however in the world pmush got put up - I thought it was pmom and even in my pmush quote you can see me say "fuckin pmom is in the driver's seat" and then I vote Kash's candidate and expect Kash's vote to follow me. I remain ignorant of 'the link between us that I'm trying to show'(?) as well as what in the world you mean by that. Look at this:

this isn't some masterful plan, once again, I rushed and misread poo poo and leapt to hasty conclusions

ladymush tries to get me comfortable with voting pmom.

speaking of which -- this is a warning to me to calm down because a) I'm a potential asset to mush (we homies) and b) she can't warn me in a scumdoc

puts her weight behind the pmom vote which boils down to "pmom's being rude" which is like voting me because I make a production out of things, why not always vote me, why not just refuse to play with me, etc

she even switches to my candidate, having not realized I was giving into the larger party voting her - so she potentially provokes a nl - and I don't even realize she's on bow before I get done with my switch post. It took a long time to find that burger emote.

all of that being said, poque's been pushing me for a while, but to be fair, I've been pushing him, which leads me to someone we've all considered but hasn't really been talked about all that much

just fyi the top and bottom of this post are in direct conflict and it's kinda weird.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

tldr

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

why are we casing pmush

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

I agree with this post

here bk is setting up a small support of pmom's initial "why do you have that feeling" round of questioning - not much additional support, in fact he quickly moves into joking about it

"think about it," incidentally, was meant to be a "look at the way I was talking before getting NK'd [remember how I hosed up and said lynched instead of NK'd? I've been loving up all game. I'm townslipping, for fucks' sake.] and who I was talking with" -- pmush and I expressed a desire to be on the same team, we ended up on different teams. this was me putting a very small and obviously way too cryptic bet on pmush being scum because I didn't get it. (again) the thing is, I think BK would've known exactly what I was talking about, and he didn't use it at all. Probably not anything.

BottleKnight posted:

Actually, she's playing mafia??

Weird call to make so early, seems personal imo

uncharacteristically stands up for me against pmom's d1 barrage - do I hear the whispers of "our friendships with pera are an asset" in the scumdoc?

BottleKnight posted:

I think Pmush did a kind of wifom with their vote on Pmom (got called out and then immediately retaliated) and I don't like her responses to some of the other questions. She's playing a very thorough defense with posts like this:

and I get bad feelings from them. Like, a townie response to "so you have no opinions?" on d1 is not to explain your entire mafia d1 mindset. It's overcompensating. I think Pmush is the scum.

##vote pmush

Okay, he's voting mush... and stays on mush.

and then isn't around.

BottleKnight posted:

It's not really the tone (ie seriousness) but rather the effort spent defending. Scum are more likely to do this because they don't want to get suspicion early on b/c they think it'll stick to them. It's like putting a wet blanket on a lit match. It fits a scum mold to me.

the one post, in response to me saying I saw his logic on mush but I wasn't sure it was sound, and then:

BottleKnight posted:

Awesome. Glad the scum was got. Sorry I wasn't around yesterday.

"Glad the scum was got" when you started the vote? not "Glad I was right?" or "See?" or "the proletariat wins again!! the march of communism continues unabated."

Had he forgotten that he was first to vote her? Had he blown a plan to vote her for a little as cover and then fade into the night only to unvote her and join the train on someone else once it developed? (I doubt scum!BK would intentionally bus mush)

all of the above said, review his posting history for yourself. I'm not gonna slap the vote on because maybe I'm being an idiot again.

But I think we might be seeing a bit too eye-to-eye on each other, Poque, and not noticing the... burger king... in our midst. So no retaliation vote, not yet at at least.

Thoughts? Opinions? Condemnations? "Shut the gently caress up, peramene"s?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Pinterest Mom posted:

why are we casing pmush

is evaluating the posts made by now-flipped scum not a thing people do? that was me demonstrating and theorizing pmush's tactics, not casing her. PMush trying to win me over is evidence that she has to, it made sense to me, I was focused on defending myself and turning things around on poque later.

And yes, Kash, the top and bottom are in direct conflict. draft issues - realization hit me midpost and I forgot to swipe off the top. note how I immediately redact the vote mafia edit style. I mean, do you need me to say mafia edit? I thought that was pretty clear from context.

• Locked thread