Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

gazza posted:

I appreciate that the posts saying "don't bother rationalizing this stuff" have been followed by nonstop rationalization of this stuff

I think it's funny as hell to try/read the attempts, personally :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JacksLibido
Jul 21, 2004

Feindfeuer posted:

But only because they have the ability to have an obscene amount of armor on those legs compared to tracks which can't be armored with skirts or anything for some obscure reason. The ingame explanation only makes sense if you don't think about it and just accept it. I'm fine with that, but it's far from a good explanation.

It's actually stupid easy to throw a track on a tank.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

JacksLibido posted:

However easy it is, it is lostech.

Sand Dan
May 15, 2017

welcum 2 our
sick cyberpunk h e l l
a tank? a single tank? heh, don't humor me. how about this; a big metal man with two big tanks for hands?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

This beta needs to happen just to give a new line of discussion

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
if i was a mech i'd be a metal babby always getting punched in the face by the atlas that is life

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

if i was a mech i'd be a metal babby always getting punched in the face by the atlas that is life

If you want an image of the future, imagine an Atlas stamping on a Commando's face, forever.

Gr4vyB04t fucked around with this message at 10:37 on May 31, 2017

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

gazza posted:

I appreciate that the posts saying "don't bother rationalizing this stuff" have been followed by nonstop rationalization of this stuff

well we wouldn't want our particular robot genre to be confused with those anime ones, which are most definitely not based on reality, whereas ours is just kind of.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits

Freakazoid_ posted:

well we wouldn't want our particular robot genre to be confused with those anime ones, which are most definitely not based on reality, whereas ours is just kind of.

Some of the Gundam stuff is really nice, the 08th MS team communicates a feel similar to what I get from playing Battletech or Mechwarrior. Including looking like a horrible 80s show, even though it was released in the mid 90s. Same for the original series if you can get over the horrible animations, but even those are not worse than the Mechwarrior cartoon series. Which is terrible, and which I love with all my heart.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
My name is kai allard-liao and all i can think of is this games breasts in a sports bra on a running trail

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
damnit thread you blew me off i'm going to kill myself in my SUPER FAMOUS FATHERS centurion LEN LO WANG or whatever FUUUCK YOUUU

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

My name is kai allard-liao and all i can think of is this games breasts in a sports bra on a running trail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FayoajyRaKA&t=12s

And I guess all of this-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XvjcCHjvok

I take it there's still no word on Ledoux getting some VA work?

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qkf0fLU2Ao

one more day nerds

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

damnit thread you blew me off i'm going to kill myself in my SUPER FAMOUS FATHERS centurion LEN LO WANG or whatever FUUUCK YOUUU

okay, now do this but as Victor

ChickenWing posted:

one more day nerds

wolf3d_getpsyched.gif

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Mitch confirmed on a Ask the Devs thread that the beta will be about 5gb in size. No confirmation on time available, but a KS update will go out beforehand.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

The only bad part about it being released on pacific time is that it means there's basically no chance it'll be available before I have to work here on the East Coast. :negative:

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
I have a feeling it will be around 1 PM EDT/10AM PDT. If not, probably later.

Obviously that's when Steam updates but I doubt it will work like that because this isn't a normal release, it's going out to about 25k people, and the keys are all off-Steam.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
Go to sleep after my nightshift, wake up and punch baby 'Mechs. Sounds like a magical Thursday.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

I'm looking forward to the beta for this game

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

same

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Here's the video card reqs:

Min: NVIDIA GeForce 660 GTX or AMD Radeon HD 7850

Rec: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 or AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

AnElegantPeacock posted:

Go to sleep after my nightshift, wake up and punch baby 'Mechs. Sounds like a magical Thursday.

Friday is RDO and Monday is a public holiday here. :v:

4 day weekend of stomping robots, the finest kind of long weekend

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Wonder if the Backerkit email containing the beta info will be sent out 1-2 days after the KS backers get it, because that's how updates always are :sigh:

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Paingod556 posted:

Friday is RDO and Monday is a public holiday here. :v:

4 day weekend of stomping robots, the finest kind of long weekend

loling at western australia day.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

kingcom posted:

loling at western australia day.

I forgot it existed, because it was called Foundation Day until a few years ago. We also had to move the Queens Birthday holiday to make it fit.

Westralians are a special kind of stupid

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

JacksLibido posted:

My last tank driver before I got out had a gift for being able to throw a track at the drop of a hat. I prayed for his death many times

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

quote:

As we said last week, we'll send out a Kickstarter update with more info.

We are releasing on 6/1 Pacific Time. We need to propagate 25,000 Steam keys on backerkit and that will take time. That's why we're not giving a release time. You will get an automatic mail from Backerkit when your key is in your account.

Please spread the word through the myriad posts.

So, I'd take this to mean the process is probably at least partially manual. Don't be surprised is some people get access to their keys before you do.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Just to make sure I properly understand all of this, we'll be getting a KS update email that contains our key (or a link to it) sometime today?

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

The email will tell you your key is available, you'll have to access your BackerKit for the actual key.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Q_res posted:

The email will tell you your key is available, you'll have to access your BackerKit for the actual key.

Is that something through KS, or something else? This is the first game Kickstarter I have backed/

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Don't worry, it's my first KS too. I'll just quote this from the official forums

quote:

Hey folks -- just trying to make sure everyone's super-clear on how to get into BackerKit tomorrow.
This is the magic web page: https://battletech.backerkit.com/

Enter the email you used during the Kickstarter (or the email you used to buy from BackerKit) and push the "Get my Survey" button. You'll get an email with a link directly into your account. Once there, push the "Get your Digital Downloads" button.

Do NOT get distracted by the section on the above page that talks about : "Managing multiple pledges on BackerKit? Log in here for your Backer Account."

That ONLY works if you have created a "centralized" BackerKit account which is used across multiple pledges. (You would have been given this opportunity the first time you filled out your BattleTech survey, but a LOT of people just skip that step. I can't tell you how many people contact our customer service thinking that they're not in the BackerKit system because the 'forgotten password' stuff doesn't work. They just didn't create a permanent 'centralized' account, so they never made a password!)

I know that's all super confusing!

But really the simplest thing you can do is just enter your email into the box, push Get My Survey, and check your email!

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
According to the official forums there is a MechLab button on the main menu, sighted by the first video in the wild (it's French).

http://community.battletechgame.com/forums/threads/7102

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Q_res posted:

Don't worry, it's my first KS too. I'll just quote this from the official forums

I can confirm this works to get you into your rewards. My key isn't there (yet...) but the other backer rewards distributed through BackerKit are, so it works.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

They used BackerKit for the Shadowrun games (at least some of them?) and it worked fine there too.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

:f5:

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Stomping around the house with tubes over my arms waiting for robot

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

rt4 posted:

Stomping around the house with tubes over my arms waiting for robot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIln1LTtvzc

step up your game like Best Dad 2014 here and the beta will come out faster!

e: keys are starting to go out now, so Best Dad 2014 worked!

Psion fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jun 1, 2017

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

You can read the manual while you wait.

Also, Kickstarter update 40 is live.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I'm skimming the manual and it very much is worth reading.

like this, in keybinds:

quote:

Minus
Brace (End turn.) Note that the UI incorrectly displays this hotkey as “s”.

valuable!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Psion posted:

I'm skimming the manual and it very much is worth reading.

like this, in keybinds:

valuable!

Also important-

"Not a Backer yet?

You’re not too late! Until two weeks before the close of Beta, you can head
here to become a Late Backer at the MechWarrior level and gain Beta access.
https://battletech.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders "

So if people are still on the fence, give it a few hours and you'll start getting some goon first impressions.