Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

MLB.tv Sharing Thread

Jose Oquendo posted:

Well guys, I'm gonna live on the edge another year:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3810860

Let's give it a shot and hope for the best.

CLICK THE COOL THING FOR .GIF THREAD

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jun 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Which central division is a bigger dumpster fire, AL or NL?

(also, I did wait till this morning to close it!)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

iospace posted:

(also, I did wait till this morning to close it!)

It's not even 8 AM yet (for me)!

And the Twins bullpen has probably already given up a run, I haven't checked yet.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

IcePhoenix posted:

It's not even 8 AM yet (for me)!

Same. I'll delay the closing later next time then.

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

I'm not an Angels fan in any way but god drat if I'm not depressed for Mike Trout

He's never going to win another MVP again, is he?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

iospace posted:

Which central division is a bigger dumpster fire, AL or NL?

The correct answer is the NL East.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Who'd be the Homer at the Bat lineup today? Big stars who would stoop to doing guest work on a low rent animated show on an otherwise terrible new TV network?

Posey (he might not actually do it...if not him then Salvy)
Rizzo
Altuve
Crawford
Donaldson
Mookie
Harper (does the Canseco thing and demands the episode be rewritten so he's more alpha)
Bryant
Kershaw

...I feel like that lineup beats the original

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
N: Never forget.

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/870108401598058496

Noah Syndergaard and Kevin Plawecki liked Barstool's Instagram post about it, which is great.

V: I get why the guy got fired, but it still annoys me because that was awesome.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

canadianclassic posted:

I'm not an Angels fan in any way but god drat if I'm not depressed for Mike Trout

Why do you say this?

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

canadianclassic posted:

He's gonna come back August 1st and mash for two straight months and end up with 30+ dingers despite missing two full months. It's going to rule.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
I need someone to figure out the scenario required for the Twins to make the playoffs and then be the team the Astros face for the Pennant.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Why do you say this?

The most high-profile torn thumb from a slide/surgery instance I can think of in recent memory is Yadi in 14, who was out for 7 weeks, came back with diminished power, then hurt his oblique trying to compensate. His power hasn't been the same since, but he's also Skinny Yadi now. Causation, correlation, etc.

YeahTubaMike posted:

N: Never forget.

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/870108401598058496

Noah Syndergaard and Kevin Plawecki liked Barstool's Instagram post about it, which is great.

V: I get why the guy got fired, but it still annoys me because that was awesome.

I get tickets for a Mets/Nats game weeks ago tentatively scheduled to be a Thor start (6/16), then not only is Thor on the DL but we also get stuck with a rookie Mr. Met? Harper better hit a bunch of dingers.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

ComposerGuy posted:

I need someone to figure out the scenario required for the Twins to make the playoffs and then be the team the Astros face for the Pennant.

Just have the season end as it currently stands, beat the Yankees and have the Astros beat the wildcard team.

E: That is, have them win the division. I didn't see they were currently tied.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
The Cubs will be in first in the NL Central by the time June ends BOOK IT. :colbert:

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Thom P. Tiers posted:

He's gonna come back August 1st and mash for two straight months and end up with 30+ dingers despite missing two full months. It's going to rule.

Alternative history version:

He's going to come back and not hit any fingers at all because his thumb has permanently detached from his hand

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pancakes posted:

Just have the season end as it currently stands, beat the Yankees and have the Astros beat the wildcard team.

E: That is, have them win the division. I didn't see they were currently tied.

Yeah it's not really a huge mental leap for baseball playoffs. 1 plays the WC winner, 2 plays 3. Winners play winners.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

The Cubs will be in first in the NL Central by the time June ends BOOK IT. :colbert:

What year?

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

The Brewers are leading the division? Goddamn Trump's America is hosed up.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

mods please password reset Kevlar's account

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/870296654448123905

no poo poo

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Poque posted:

mods please password reset Kevlar's account

Done, OP

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Wait, that's a costume?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

RCarr posted:

Wait, that's a costume?

:ssh:That's what they want you to believe.

Only Thor knows the truth.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Update: If the rotations hold (LOL Mets) then I should have pretty decent tickets to a Scherzer/deGrom matchup. Hopefully that holds and I get to see an awesome game.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I hope the Mets are just telling everyone it's a new guy when it's really just the same guy as yesterday. Who would know?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pancakes posted:

Update: If the rotations hold (LOL Mets) then I should have pretty decent tickets to a Scherzer/deGrom matchup. Hopefully that holds and I get to see an awesome game.

Pitchers duels are the best, hopefully it holds for you. I still fondly remember a Johan/Pedro duel that I went to over a decade ago.

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

Inspector_666 posted:

The correct answer is the NL East.

Oh really? Tell that to all these fans who would seem to disagree!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.f1c63d32d017

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

Dont be mean to me, last thread posted:

The Cubs are NL, and a little too on the road for it (they'll get there next home game though).

Unsurprisingly, Dodgers outdo everybody, even on average. (not updated for tonight at time of posting, but in a few hours probably)

And also on the road; wild.

Also lol Angels dead last on the road (seriously though, they had Trout, how) and man the Rays need to start handing out free game tickets with a 10-gallon fuel purchase or something.

The Angels have played mostly bad attendance teams on the road. They've played at TB, Oakland, Miami, Kansas City, Seattle and Houston; all bottom 10 in overall attendance. The only above-average attendance teams they've played are @Mets (15) and @Rangers (9). Some of that might be the Angels not being a huge draw, but alot of those teams are always at the bottom of yearly attendance.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Mr. Met day-to-day after successful skeleton transplant

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Mr. Matz will no longer be playing the role of Mr. Met.

:effort:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

bewbies posted:

Who'd be the Homer at the Bat lineup today? Big stars who would stoop to doing guest work on a low rent animated show on an otherwise terrible new TV network?

Posey (he might not actually do it...if not him then Salvy)
Rizzo
Altuve
Crawford
Donaldson
Mookie
Harper (does the Canseco thing and demands the episode be rewritten so he's more alpha)
Bryant
Kershaw

...I feel like that lineup beats the original

Have to have a Yankee or Met who can go to jail for all the unsolved murders in NY

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

YeahTubaMike posted:

Mr. Met day-to-day after successful skeleton transplant

hahah

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Pancakes posted:

My biggest baseball regret this year is that Weaver washed out before the Braves came to California to play the Padres. My roommate and I planned to hold out for a Dickey/Weaver matchup and go see the greatest pitching duel of our time.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

IcePhoenix posted:

Pitchers duels are the best, hopefully it holds for you. I still fondly remember a Johan/Pedro duel that I went to over a decade ago.

Jose Fernandez / Alex Wood in 2014, it was amazing. (I went with some folks from work, none of whom were baseball fans; they were bored to tears while I was loving it.)

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
How in the Hell does Logan Morrison have 15 home runs?

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
Everyone's gotta have a "I remember going to that pitcher duel" story. Pitcher duels rule.

I got to see my team beat best pitcher on the planet Justin Verlander during his MVP season 1-0: http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/ANA/ANA201107050.shtml

Strasburgs UCL
Jul 28, 2009

Hang in there little buddy

Pancakes posted:

The most high-profile torn thumb from a slide/surgery instance I can think of in recent memory is Yadi in 14, who was out for 7 weeks, came back with diminished power, then hurt his oblique trying to compensate. His power hasn't been the same since, but he's also Skinny Yadi now. Causation, correlation, etc.

Harper had the same surgery and had no effects from it at all, so it obviously depends on the player. Trout is young, seems healthy and is obviously some kind of freak outlier so I expect he will be fine.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Good Dog posted:

Everyone's gotta have a "I remember going to that pitcher duel" story. Pitcher duels rule.

I got to see my team beat best pitcher on the planet Justin Verlander during his MVP season 1-0: http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/ANA/ANA201107050.shtml

During my high school's senior ditch day, a bunch of us went to Wrigley and saw Randy Johnson destroy the Cubs with a 1-hitter. It was a pitcher's duel until the 6th inning, at least. Jon Lieber and Greg Maddux starts were pretty much the only time I would keep track of pitch counts on my scorecard.

More recently, I attended game 1 of last year's NLDS. That was one hell of a pitcher's duel.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
I was at this game, does it count?

I mean, it started out as a pretty good pitcher's duel between Stroman and Tomlin, and then it just turned into a bullpen death march.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Johan v. Jaime

I wasn't at the game, but I fuckin' watched it :(

• Locked thread